- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 851640, 14 pages
Recent Progress in Hydrogen Electrocatalysis
1Institute of Theoretical Chemistry, Ulm University, 89069 Ulm, Germany
2PRELINE, Universidad Nacional del Litoral, 3000 Santa Fe, Argentina
3Facultad de Matemáticas, Astronomía y Física, IFEG-CONICET, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Córdoba, Argentina
Received 15 February 2011; Accepted 25 March 2011
Academic Editor: Milan M. Jaksic
Copyright © 2011 P. Quaino et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, “d-band catalysis in electrochemistry,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2282–2285, 2006.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, “Fundamental aspects of electrocatalysis,” Chemical Physics, vol. 332, no. 1, pp. 39–47, 2007.
- E. Santos, M. T. M. Koper, and W. Schmickler, “A model for bond-breaking electron transfer at metal electrodes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 419, no. 4–6, pp. 421–425, 2006.
- E. Santos, M. T. M. Koper, and W. Schmickler, “Bond-breaking electron transfer of diatomic reactants at metal electrodes,” Chemical Physics, vol. 344, no. 1-2, pp. 195–201, 2008.
- P. W. Anderson and A. T. Ramsey, “Localized magnetic states in metals,” Physical Review, vol. 124, p. 41, 1961.
- D. M. Newns, “Self-consistent model of hydrogen chemisorption,” Physical Review, vol. 178, no. 3, pp. 1123–1135, 1969.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, “Electrocatalysis of hydrogen oxidation—theoretical foundations,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 46, no. 43, pp. 8262–8265, 2007.
- E. Santos, K. Pötting, and W. Schmickler, “On the catalysis of the hydrogen oxidation,” Faraday Discussions, vol. 140, pp. 209–218, 2008.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, “Electronic interactions decreasing the activation barrier for the hydrogen electro-oxidation reaction,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 53, no. 21, pp. 6149–6156, 2008.
- E. Santos, A. Lundin, K. Pötting, P. Quaino, and W. Schmickler, “Hydrogen evolution and oxidation-a prototype for an electrocatalytic reaction,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1101–1109, 2009.
- E. Santos, A. Lundin, K. Pötting, P. Quaino, and W. Schmickler, “Model for the electrocatalysis of hydrogen evolution,” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 23, Article ID 235436, 2009.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, Interfacial Electrochemistry, Springer, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2010.
- E. Santos and W. Schmickler, Electrocatalysis; From Fundamental Aspects to Fuel Cells, 2010.
- D. Eberhardt, E. Santos, and W. Schmickler, “Hydrogen evolution on silver single crystal electrodes—first results,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 461, no. 1-2, pp. 76–79, 1999.
- L. M. Doubova and S. Trasatti, “Effect of the crystallographic orientation of Ag single crystal face electrodes on the kinetics of proton discharge,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 467, no. 1, pp. 164–176, 1999.
- V. V. Batrakov, Y. Dittrikh, and A. N. Popov, “Influence of the surface structure on the overpotential for hydrogen evolution in acid solutions,” Elektrokhimiya, vol. 8, p. 640, 1972.
- E. Santos, K. Pötting, A. Lundin, P. Quaino, and W. Schmickler, “Hydrogen evolution on single-crystal copper and silver: a theoretical study,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 1491–1495, 2010.
- W. Vielstich, C. H. Hamann, and A. Hamnett, Electrochemistry, Wiley-VCH, Cambridge, UK, 2007.
- S. Pandelov and U. Stimming, “Reactivity of monolayers and nano-islands of palladium on Au(1 1 1) with respect to proton reduction,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 52, no. 18, pp. 5548–5555, 2007.
- H. Wolfschmidt, R. Bussar, and U. Stimming, “Charge transfer reactions at nanostructured Au(111) surfaces: influence of the substrate material on electrocatalytic activity,” Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, vol. 20, no. 37, Article ID 374127, 2008.
- L. A. Kibler, “Hydrogen electrocatalysis,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 985–991, 2006.
- F. Hernandez and H. Baltruschat, “Hydrogen evolution and Cu UPD at stepped gold single crystals modified with Pd,” Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 877–885, 2007.
- H. Baltruschat, R. Bussar, S. Ernst, and F. Hernandez, In-Situ Spectroscopic Studies of Adsorption at the Electrode and Electrocatalysis, Elsevier, 2007.
- R. R. Adzic, A. V. Tripkovic, and V. B. Vessovic, “Structural effects in electrocatalysis: oxidation of formic acid and hydrogen adsorption on platinum single-crystal stepped surfaces,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 204, no. 1-2, pp. 329–341, 1986.
- G. Garcia and M. T. M. Koper, “Stripping voltammetry of carbon monoxide oxidation on stepped platinum single-crystal electrodes in alkaline solution,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 10, no. 25, pp. 3802–3811, 2008.
- C. Z. Li, A. Bogozi, W. Huang, and N. J. Tao, “Fabrication of stable metallic nanowires with quantized conductance,” Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 221–223, 1999.
- H. X. He, S. Boussaad, B. Q. Xu, C. Z. Li, and N. J. Tao, “Electrochemical fabrication of atomically thin metallic wires and electrodes separated with molecular-scale gaps,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 522, no. 2, pp. 167–172, 2002.
- A. Gross, “Adsorption at nanostructured surfaces,” in Handbook of Theoretical and Computational Nanotechnology, chapter 89, American Scientific Publishers, 2006.
- E. Santos, P. Quaino, and W. Schmickler, “On the electrocatalysis of nanostructures: monolayers of a foreign atom (Pd) on different substrates M(1 1 1),” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 14, pp. 4346–4352, 2010.
- B. Hammer and J. K. Norskov, “Theoretical surface science and catalysis-calculations and concepts,” Advances in Catalysis, vol. 45, pp. 71–129, 2000.
- E. Santos, P. Quaino, G. Soldano, and W. Schmickler, “Electrochemical reactivity and fractional conductance of nanowires,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 1764–1767, 2009.
- G. J. Soldano, P. Quaino, E. Santos, and W. Schmickler, “Stability of gold and platinum nanowires on graphite edges,” ChemPhysChem, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2361–2366, 2010.
- P. Quaino, E. Santos, H. Wolfschmidt, M. Montero, and U. Stimming, “Theory meets experiment: electrocatalysis of hydrogen oxidation/evolution at Pd-Au Nanostructures,” Catalysis Today. In Press.