- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 868610, 11 pages
Exchange Perturbation Theory for Multiatomic Electron System and Its Application to Spin Arrangement in Manganite Chains
1Theoretical Physics Department, St. Petersburg State Polytechnic University, 29 Polytechnicheskaya, St. Petersburg 195251, Russia
2Solid State Electronic Sector, Ioffe Physical Technical Institute, 26 Polytechnicheskaya, St. Petersburg 194021, Russia
Received 19 September 2010; Revised 21 December 2010; Accepted 14 February 2011
Academic Editor: Lowell D. Kispert
Copyright © 2011 E. V. Orlenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. G. Kaplan, The Introduction to the Theory of Molecular Interactions, Nauka, Moskow, Russia, 1982.
- I. G. Kaplan, The Symmetry of the Many-Electronic Systems, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 1969.
- W. Kohn and L. Sham, “Self-consistent equations including exchange and correlation effects,” Physical Review, vol. 140, no. 4A, pp. A1133–A1138, 1965.
- R. M. White, Quantum Theory of Magnetism, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- P. J. Hay, J. C. Thibeault, and R. Hoffmann, “Orbital interactions in metal dimer complexes,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 97, no. 17, pp. 4884–4899, 1975.
- R. Eisenschitz and F. London, “Über das Verhältnis der van der Waalsschen Kräfte zu den homöopolaren Bindungskräften,” Zeitschrift für Physik, vol. 60, no. 7-8, pp. 491–527, 1930.
- I. O. Hirschfelder and R. Silbey, “New type of molecular perturbation treatment,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 45, pp. 2188–2197, 1966.
- A. von der Avoird, “Perturbation theory for intermolecular interactions in the wave-operator formalism,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 47, pp. 3649–3653, 1967.
- I. Mayer, “A chemical energy component analysis,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 332, no. 3-4, pp. 381–388, 2000.
- R. M. Sternheimer, “Electronic polarizabilities of ions from the Hartree-Fock wave functions,” Physical Review, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 951–968, 1954.
- S. T. Epstein and J. H. Kael, “Generalized sternheimer potential,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 4347–4348, 1966.
- A. B. Ritchie, “Perturbation theory for exchange interactions between atoms and molecules. I,” Physical Review, vol. 171, no. 1, pp. 125–127, 1968.
- A. A. Rumiantsev, “Perturbation theory with allowance for exchange forces,” Soviet Physics—JETP, vol. 38, p. 459, 1976.
- E. V. Orlenko and A. A. Rumyantsev, “Perturbation theory with respect to intercenter electron exchange and superexchange with degeneracy,” Soviet Physics—JETP, vol. 70, no. 7, p. 244, 1990.
- E. V. Orlenko and T. Yu. Latyshevskaya, “The method of exchange perturbation theory as applied to magnetic ordering in high-T materials,” Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics, vol. 86, no. 6, pp. 1167–1176, 1998.
- E. V. Orlenko and B. G. Matisov, “Superexchange pairing and magnetic ordering in cuprate superconductors,” Physics of the Solid State, vol. 41, no. 12, pp. 1951–1955, 1999.
- G. Korn and T. Korn, Mathematical Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1968.
- V. M. Loktev and Yu. G. Pogorelov, “Peculiar physical properties and colossal magnetoresistance of manganites,” Fizika Nizkikh Temperatur, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 231–261, 2000 (Russian).
- E. Dagotto, T. Hotta, and A. Moreo, “Colossal magnetoresistant materials: the key role of phase separation,” Physics Report, vol. 344, no. 1-3, pp. 1–153, 2001.
- E. Dagotto, Nanoscale Phase Separation and Collosal Magnetoresistance, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2002.
- M. B. Salamon and M. Jaime, “The physics of manganites: structure and transport,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 583–628, 2001.
- Y. Tokura, Ed., Colossal Magnetoresistance Oxides, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- P. W. Anderson, “A re-examination of concepts in magnetic metals: the ‘nearly antiferromagnetic Fermi liquid’,” Advances in Physics, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 3–11, 1997.
- P. W. Anderson, G. Baskaran, Z. Zou, and T. Hsu, “Resonating—valence-bond theory of phase transitions and superconductivity in La2CuO4-based compounds,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 58, no. 26, pp. 2790–2793, 1987.
- E. C. Stoner, “Collective electron ferromagnetism,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 165, pp. 372–414, 1938.
- E. O. Wollan and W. C. Koehler, “Neutron diffraction study of the magnetic properties of the series of perovskite-type compounds ,” Physical Review, vol. 100, no. 2, pp. 545–563, 1955.
- J. M. D. Coey, M. Viret, and S. von Molnár, “Mixed-valence manganites,” Advances in Physics, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 167–293, 1999.
- H. L. Ju, H. C. Sohn, and K. M. Krishnan, “Evidence for hole-driven conductivity in () and thin films,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 79, no. 17, pp. 3230–3233, 1997.
- T. S. Orlova, J. Y. Laval, P. Monod et al., “Effect of Fe doping on structure, charge ordering, magnetic and transport properties of (),” Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, vol. 18, no. 29, pp. 6729–6748, 2006.
- T. S. Orlova, J. Y. Laval, Ph. Monod, P. Bassoul, J. G. Noudem, and E. V. Orlenko, “Influence of Mn-site doping on charge and orbital ordering in La1/3Ca2/3Mn1-yMyO3 manganites (,Ga),” Physical Review B, vol. 79, no. 13, Article ID 134407, 2009.