- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 143734, 5 pages
Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of L-Ascorbic Acid by Pt(IV)(aq) in Aqueous Hydrochloric Acid Medium
1PG Department of Chemistry, Utkal University, Odisha, Bhubaneswar 754004, India
2PG Department of Chemistry, Ravenshaw University, Odisha, Cuttack 753003, India
Received 30 June 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Marc Koper
Copyright © 2012 Sadhana Senapati et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Pelizzetti, E. Mentasti, E. Pramauro, and I. Ihaliz, Chemistry, vol. 15, p. 2829, 1976.
- E. Pelizzetti, E. Mentasti, and E. Pramauro, “Outer-sphere oxidation of ascorbic acid,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1181–1186, 1978.
- D. H. Macartiney and A. Mc Auley, Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 59, p. 132, 1981.
- Z. Amjad, J. C. Brodovitch, and A. McAuley, “Metal-ion oxidations in solution. Part XXI. Kinetics and mechanism of the reaction of ascorbic acid, hydroquinone, and catechol with 12-tungstocobaltoate (III),” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 20, pp. 3581–3586, 1977.
- K. Tsuleahara and Y. Yamamota, Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 54, p. 2642, 1981.
- N. H. Williams and J. K. Yamdell, “Outer-sphere electron-transfer reactions of ascorbate anions,” Australian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 1133–1144, 1982.
- M. Kimura and S. Yamab, Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, p. 423, 1982.
- P. Martinez, J. Zuluaga, J. Kralt, and R. Van Eldik, “Kinetics and mechanism of the oxidation of L-ascorbic acid by trisoxalatocobaltate(III) in basic aqueous solution,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 146, no. 1, pp. 9–12, 1988.
- D. Pinnell and R. B. Jordan, “Kinetics of reduction of cobalt(III)-ammine complexes by dithionite,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 11, pp. 3191–3194, 1979.
- S. Abey Okada, H. Horic, and S. Taniguchr, Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions, vol. 7, p. 5, 1987.
- D. H. Macartney and N. Sutin, Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 74, p. 221, 1983.
- E. Pelizzetti and E. Mentasti, Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, p. 61, 1978.
- M. M. Taqui khan and R. S. Sukla, Inorganica Chimica Acta, p. 149, 1989.
- N. Farrel, R. Ugo, and B. R. James, Eds., Catalysis By Metal Complexes, vol. 11, Kluwer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1989.
- R. B. Weiss and M. C. Christian, “New cisplatin analogues in development: a review,” Drugs, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 360–377, 1993.
- M. C. Keage, M. J. Kelland, L. R. Neidles, and M. J. Warning, Eds., Molecular Aspects of Anticover Drug DNA Interactions, vol. 1, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- Chois, C. Filotto, M. Bisanzo, et al., “Reduction and anticancer activity of platinum(IV) complexes,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 37, pp. 2500–2504, 1988.
- K. Moribe, W. Limwikrant, K. Higashi, and K. Yamamoto, “Drug Nanoparticle Formulation Using Ascorbic Acid Derivatives,” Journal of Drug Delivery, vol. 2011, Article ID 138929, pp. 1–9, 2011.
- K. Lemma, A. Sargeson, and L. I. Elding, “Kinetics and mechanism for reduction of oral anticancer platinum(IV) dicarboxylate compounds by L-ascorbate ions,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, no. 7, pp. 1167–1172, 2000.
- T. Shi, J. Berglund, and L. I. Elding, “Kinetics and mechanism for reduction of trans-dichlorotetracyanoplatinate(IV) by thioglycolic acid, l-cysteine, dl-penicillamine, and glutathione in aqueous solution,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 35, no. 12, pp. 3498–3503, 1996.
- T. Shi, J. Berglund, and L. I. Elding, “Reduction of trans-dichloro- and trans-dibromo-tetracyano-platinate(IV) by L-methionine,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, no. 12, pp. 2073–2077, 1997.
- K. Lemma, T. Shi, and L. I. Elding, “Kinetics and mechanism for reduction of the anticancer prodrug trans,trans,trans-[PtCl2(OH)2(c-C6H11NH2)(NH3)] (JM335) by thiols,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 39, no. 8, pp. 1728–1734, 2000.
- L. Kelemu, D. A. House, N. Retta, and L. I. Eldirs, “Kinetics and mechanism for reduction of halo- and haloam(m)ine platinum(IV) complexes by L-ascorbate,” Inorganica Chimica Acta, vol. 331, pp. 98–108, 2002.