- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 205380, 6 pages
Characterization of the Chemical Kinetics in an O2/HMDSO RF Plasma for Material Processing
Dipartimento di Fisica Occhialini, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 3, 20126 Milano, Italy
Received 10 September 2012; Revised 26 October 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editor: Hiroshi Onishi
Copyright © 2012 Ruggero Barni et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Biederman, Plasma Polymer Films, Imperial College Press, London UK, 2004.
- P. Esena, S. Zanini, and C. Riccardi, “Plasma processing for surface optical modifications of PET films,” Vacuum, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 232–235, 2007.
- R. Lamendola and R. D'Agostino, “Process control of organosilicon plasmas for barrier film preparations,” Pure and Applied Chemistry, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 1203–1208, 1998.
- D. S. Wavhal, J. Zhang, M. L. Steen, and E. R. Fisher, “Investigation of gas phase species and deposition of SiO2 films from HMDSO/O2 plasmas,” Plasma Processes and Polymers, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 276–287, 2006.
- M. Creatore, Y. Barrell, J. Benedikt, and M. C. M. Van De Sanden, “On the hexamethyldisiloxane dissociation paths in a remote Ar-fed expanding thermal plasma,” Plasma Sources Science and Technology, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 421–431, 2006.
- D. Magni, C. Deschenaux, C. Hollenstein, A. Creatore, and P. Fayet, “Oxygen diluted hexamethyldisiloxane plasmas investigated by means of in situ infrared absorption spectroscopy and mass spectrometry,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 87–94, 2001.
- M. R. Alexander, F. R. Jones, and R. D. Short, “Mass spectral investigation of the radio-frequency plasma deposition of hexamethyldisiloxane,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 101, no. 18, pp. 3614–3619, 1997.
- M. Weiler, K. Lang, E. Li, and J. Robertson, “Deposition of tetrahedral hydrogenated amorphous carbon using a novel electron cyclotron wave resonance reactor,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 72, no. 11, pp. 1314–1316, 1998.
- R. Barni, S. Zanini, and C. Riccardi, “Diagnostics of reactive RF plasmas,” Vacuum, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 217–219, 2007.
- R. W. B. Pearse and A. G. Gaydon, The Identification of Molecular Spectra, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- A. Schwabedissen, E. C. Benck, and J. R. Roberts, “Langmuir probe measurements in an inductively coupled plasma source,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 3450–3459, 1997.
- C. Riccardi, R. Barni, and M. Fontanesi, “Experimental study and simulations of electronegative discharges at low pressure,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. 3735–3742, 2001.
- F. F. Chen, Introduction to Plasma Physics, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- J. M. Smith, Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- C. Riccardi, R. Barni, F. De Colle, and M. Fontanesi, “Modeling and diagnostic of an SF6 RF plasma at low pressure,” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 278–287, 2000.
- S. Zanini, C. Riccardi, M. Orlandi et al., “Surface properties of HMDSO plasma treated PET,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 200, no. 1–4, pp. 953–957, 2005.
- S. Zanini, C. Riccardi, M. Orlandi, and E. Grimoldi, “Characterisation of SiOxCyHz thin films deposited by low-temperature PECVD,” Vacuum, vol. 82, no. 2, pp. 290–293, 2007.
- R. A. Siliprandi, S. Zanini, E. Grimoldi, F. S. Fumagalli, R. Barni, and C. Riccardi, “Atmospheric pressure plasma discharge for polysiloxane thin films deposition and comparison with low pressure process,” Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 353–372, 2011.
- A. Sonnenfeld, A. Bieder, and P. R. von Rohr, “Influence of the gas phase on the water vapor barrier properties of films deposited from RF and dual-mode plasmas,” Plasma Processes and Polymers, vol. 3, no. 8, pp. 606–617, 2006.