- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 292908, 6 pages
Synergistic Effect of [Ru(III) + Ir(III)] in N-Bromosuccinimide Reaction with Certain Aliphatic Ketones: A Kinetic Study
Department of Chemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad 500 001, India
Received 20 September 2012; Accepted 20 November 2012
Academic Editor: Benjaram M. Reddy
Copyright © 2012 P. Giridhar Reddy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. C. Taylor, “Automobile catalytic converters,” in Catalysis: Science and Technology, J. R. Anderson and M. Boudart, Eds., vol. 5, pp. 119–170, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- K. C. Taylor, “Nitric oxide catalysis in automotive exhaust systems,” Catalysis Reviews: Science and Engineering, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 457–481, 1993.
- A. Gayen, T. Baidya, K. Biswas, S. Roy, and M. S. Hegde, “Synthesis, structure and three way catalytic activity of Ce1−xPtx/2Rhx/2O2−δ (x = 0.01 and 0.02) nano-crystallites: synergistic effect in bimetal ionic catalysts,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 315, pp. 135–146, 2006.
- W. H. McCurdy Jr. and G. G. Guilbault, “Catalysts for cerium(IV) oxidimetry: determination of mixtures of mercury(I) and mercury(II),” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 647–650, 1960.
- G. G. Guilbault and W. H. McCurdy Jr. Jr., “Catalysts for cerium(IV) oxidimetry: determination of polyhydric alcohols and metal chelates of 8-quinolinol,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 580–582, 1961.
- G. G. Guilbault and W. McCurdy Jr., “Determination of phosphite, hypophosphite, tellurium and mercury,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 24, pp. 214–218, 1961.
- P. K. Saiprakash, B. Sethuram, and T. N. Rao, “(Ag+ + Mn2+)–catalysed oxidation of isopropanol by ceric sulphate,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 14, p. 701, 1976.
- Y. Ramananda Sarma, Kinetic study of redox reactions with one electron Oxidants [Ph.D. thesis], Osmania University, Andhra Pradesh, India, 1987.
- Y. R. Sarma, K. C. Rajanna, and P. K. Sai Prakash, “Kinetics of Ru(III) + Mn(III) nd Mn (III)catalysed oxidative decarboxylation of acetic and phenyl acetic acids by ceric sulphate,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 19, p. 825, 1980.
- Y. R. Sarma and P. K. Saiprakash, “Kinetics of Ir (III) # Ir(III) + Mn(II) catalysed oxidative decarboxylation and deamination of glycine, glutamic acid and serine by Ce(IV) in H2SO4media,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 19, p. 1139, 1980.
- R. Filler, “Oxidations and dehydrogenations with N-bromosuccinimide and related N-haloimides,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 63, pp. 21–43, 1963.
- N. K. Mathur and C. K. Narang, The Determination of Organic Compounds with NBS and Allied Reagents, Acadamic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- D. L. Kamble, G. H. Hugar, and S. T. Nandibewoor, “Kinetics of oxidation of chromium(III) by N-bromosuccinimide in aqueous alkaline medium,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 144–147, 1996.
- D. L. Kamble, R. B. Chougale, and S. T. Nandibewoor, “Kinetics and mechanism of uncatalyzed and ruthenium(III) catalyzed oxidation of allyl alcohol by N-bromosuccinimide in aqueous alkaline medium,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 865–869, 1996.
- P. Saroja, B. K. Kumar, and S. Kandlikar, “Kinetic and mechanism of uncatalyzed and Ir (III) catalyzed oxidation of oxalate ion by N-bromosuccinimide in basic medium,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 28, p. 501, 1989.
- S. K. Mavalangi, M. R. Kembhavi, and S. T. Nandibewoor, “Oxidation of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid by N-bromosuccinimide in aqueous alkaline medium—a kinetic study,” Turkish Journal of Chemistry, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 355–363, 2001.
- S. Gunasekaran and N. Venkatasubramanian, “Oxidation of diphenylmethanol by bromamine T. A kinetic and mechanistic study,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Perkin Transactions 2, no. 7, pp. 949–953, 1983.
- J. P. Sharma, R. N. P. Singh, A. K. Singh, and B. Singh, “Kinetics and mechanism of Ru(III) catalysed oxidation of some polyhydric alcohols by N-bromosuccinimide in acidic media,” Tetrahedron, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 2739–2747, 1986.
- R. Ramachandrappa, Puttaswamy, S. M. Mayanna, and N. M. M. Gowda, “Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of aspirin by bromamine-T, N-bromosuccinimide, and N-bromophthalimide,” International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 407–414, 1998.
- A. L. Harihar, M. R. Kembhavi, and S. T. Nandibewoor, “Kinetics and mechanism of N-bromosuccinimide oxidation of L-arginine in aqueous acidic medium,” Journal of the Indian Chemical Society, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 128–130, 1999.
- A. K. Singh, S. Rahmani, V. K. Singh, V. Gupta, D. Kesarwani, and B. Singh, “Iridium (III) catalysis of N-bromosuccinimide oxidation of reducing sugars in aqueous acid,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 519–523, 2001.
- C. Karunakaran and K. Ganapathy, “Kinetic study on the reaction of N-bromosuccinimide with β, γ-unsaturated alcohols in aqueous acetic acid,” Indian Journal of Chemistry A, vol. 29, p. 133, 1990.
- N. Venkatasubramanian and V. Thiagarajan, “Mechanism of oxidation of alcohols with N-bromo succinimide,” Canadian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 694–697, 1969.
- N. A. M. Farook, “Kinetics and mechanism of oxidation of 4-oxoacids by N-bromosuccinimide in aqueous acetic acid medium,” Journal of the Iranian Chemical Society, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 378–386, 2006.
- P. G. Reddy, Y. Ramesh, and S. Kandlikar, “Ru (III) catalyzed oxidation of ethanolamine, diethanolamine and tri ethanolamine by N-bromosuccinimide—a kinetic study,” Oxidation Communications, vol. 7, p. 89, 1984.
- P. G. Reddy, A. V. Reddy, A. Ratnamala, S. V. Rao, and S. Kandlikar, “Ru(III) catalyzed oxidation of some aliphatic alcohols by N-bromosuccinimide (NBS). A kinetic study,” Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, vol. 26, no. 1-2, pp. 209–213, 1984.
- P. G. Reddy, K. Ramesh, S. Shylaja, K. C. Rajanna, and S. Kandlikar, “Ru (III) catalyzed oxidation of aliphatic ketones by N-bromosuccinimide in aqueous acetic acid: a kinetic study,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 456516, 7 pages, 2012.
- K. N. Shivananda, B. Lakshmi, R. V. Jagadeesh, Puttaswamy, and K. N. Mahendra, “Mechanistic studies on the Ru(III)-catalyzed oxidation of some aromatic primary diamines by chloramine-T in hydrochloric acid medium: a kinetic approach,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 326, no. 2, pp. 202–212, 2007.
- K. N. Shivananda, R. V. Jagadeesh, Puttaswamy, and K. N. Mahendra, “Ru(III)-catalysed oxidation of some amines by chloramine-T in hydrochloric acid medium: mechanistic aspects and kinetic modeling,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A, vol. 255, no. 1-2, pp. 159–170, 2006.
- G. Caroling, J. Rajaram, and J. C. Kuriacose, “Kinetics and mechanism of Ru(III)-catalysed oxidation of organic sulphides and triphenylphosphine by N-methylmorpholine N-oxide,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 13–20, 1988.
- M. D. P. Rao, M. Ahmad, P. K. Pujapanda, and T. K. Kanungo, “Ru(III)-catalyzed oxidation of acetanilide, o-chloroacetanilide, p-chloroacetanilide and p-methylacetanilide by sodium perioda'te at pH4,” Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, vol. 26, no. 3-4, pp. 375–379, 1984.