- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324098, 9 pages
Excess Transport Properties of Binary Mixtures of Quinoline with Xylenes at Different Temperatures
1Department of Physics, Velagapudi Ramakrishna Siddhartha Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada 520007, India
2Department of Physics, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada 520008, India
Received 23 June 2012; Accepted 3 September 2012
Academic Editor: Leonardo Palmisano
Copyright © 2012 Sk. Fakruddin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Narendra, Ch. Srinivasu, Sk. Fakruddin, and P. N. Murthy, “Excess parameters of binary mixtures of anisaldehyde with o-cresol, m-cresol and p-cresol at T = (303.15, 308.15, 313.15, and 318.15) K,” The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1604–1611, 2011.
- A. Ali, A. Yasmin, and A. K. Nain, “Study of intermolecular interactions in binary liquid mixtures through ultrasonic speed measurement,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 315–322, 2002.
- S. I. Oswal and N. B. Patel, “Speed of sound, isentropic compressibility, viscosity, and excess volume of binary mixtures. 2. Alkanenitriles + dimethylformamide, + dimethylacetamide, and + dimethyl sulfoxide,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 845–849, 1995.
- R. Mehra and R. Israni, “Effect of temperature on excess molar volumes of binary mixtures of hexadecane and butanol,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 81–83, 2000.
- A. Ali and A. K. Nain, “Study of intermolecular interaction in binary mixtures of formamide with 2-propanol, 1,2-propanediol and 1,2,3-propanetriol through ultrasonic speed measurements,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 39, pp. 421–427, 2001.
- J. Nath, “Ultrasonic velocities, relative permittivities and refractive indices for binary liquid mixtures of trichloroethene with pyridine and quinoline,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 109, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 1995.
- J. A. Al-Kandary, A. S. Al-Jimaz, and A. H. M. Abdul-Latif, “Viscosities, densities, and speeds of sound of binary mixtures of benzene, toluene, o-xylene, m-xylene, p-xylene, and mesitylene with anisole at (288.15, 293.15, 298.15, and 303.15) K,” Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 2074–2082, 2006.
- S. Parveen, S. Singh, D. Shukla, K. P. Singh, M. Gupta, and J. P. Shukla, “Molecular interaction study of binary mixtures of THF with methanol and o-cresol—an optical and ultrasonic study,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 116, no. 6, pp. 1011–1017, 2009.
- D. D. Perrin and W. L. F. Armarego, Purification of Laboratory Chemicals, Pergamon Press, Oxford, UK, 3rd edition, 1980.
- D. Das and D. K. Hazra, “Molecular interaction study in binary mixtures of N,N-dimethyl acetamide with 2-ethoxyethanol at different temperatures,” Indian Journal of Physics B, vol. 77, pp. 519–523, 2003.
- B. Jacobson, “Ultrasonic velocity in liquids and liquid mixtures,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 927–928, 1952.
- D. R. Lide, Ed., CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 76th edition, 1995.
- O. Redlich and A. T. Kister, “Algebraic representation of thermodynamic properties and the classification of solutions,” Indian and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 345–348, 1948.
- R. J. Fort and W. R. Moore, “Adiabatic compressibilities of binary liquid mixtures,” Transactions of the Faraday Society, vol. 61, pp. 2102–2111, 1965.
- S. N. Gour, J. S. Tomar, and R. P. Varma, “Study of molecular interactions in binary mixtures using excess thermodynamic parameters,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 24, p. 602, 1986.
- A. Ali and A. K. Nain, “Ultrasonic and volumetric study of binary mixtures of benzyl alcohol with amides,” Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, vol. 75, pp. 681–687, 2002.
- S. Thirumaran and D. George, “Ultrasonic study of intermolecular association through hydrogen bonding in ternary liquid mixtures,” Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 1–11, 2009.
- K. Tiwari, C. Patra, and V. Chakravortty, “Molecular interactions study on binary liquid mixtures of dimethylsulphoxide with benzene, carbontetrachloride and toluene from the excess properties of ultrasonic velocity, density and viscosity,” Acoustics Letters, vol. 19, pp. 53–59, 1995.