- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 491604, 17 pages
Fundamental Mechanistic Understanding of Electrocatalysis of Oxygen Reduction on Pt and Non-Pt Surfaces: Acid versus Alkaline Media
Laboratory for Electrochemical Advanced Power, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Center of Renewable Energy Technology (NUCRET), Northeastern University, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Received 2 October 2011; Accepted 22 December 2011
Academic Editor: Milan M. Jaksic
Copyright © 2012 Nagappan Ramaswamy and Sanjeev Mukerjee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yang Song, Ke Liu, and Shaowei Chen, “AgAu Bimetallic Janus Nanoparticles and Their Electrocatalytic Activity for Oxygen Reduction in Alkaline Media,” Langmuir, vol. 28, no. 49, pp. 17143–17152, 2012.
- P. Quaino, N. B. Luque, R. Nazmutdinov, E. Santos, and Wolfgang Schmickler, “Why is Gold such a Good Catalyst for Oxygen Reduction in Alkaline Media?,” Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, vol. 51, no. 52, pp. 12997–13000, 2012.
- Éric Mahé, Pauline Bornoz, Emmanuel Briot, Jean Chevalet, Christos Comninellis, and Didier Devilliers, “A selective chemiluminescence detection method for reactive oxygen species involved in oxygen reduction reaction on electrocatalytic materials,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 102, pp. 259–273, 2013.
- Simantini Nayak, P. Ulrich Biedermann, Martin Stratmann, and Andreas Erbe, “In situ infrared spectroscopic investigation of intermediates in the electrochemical oxygen reduction on n-Ge(100) in alkaline perchlorate and chloride electrolyte,” Electrochimica Acta, 2013.
- Belabbes Merzougui, Abdouelilah Hachimi, Akinpelu Akeem, Bukola Saheed, and Minhua Shao, “A Pt- Free Catalyst for Oxygen Reduction Reaction Based on Fe-N multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Composites,” Electrochimica Acta, 2013.
- Yu-Syuan Chao, Dah-Shyang Tsai, An-Pang Wu, Ling-Wei Tseng, and Ying-Sheng Huang, “Cobalt selenide electrocatalyst supported by nitrogen-doped carbon and its stable activity toward oxygen reduction reaction,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 38, no. 14, pp. 5655–5664, 2013.
- Qinggang He, Qing Li, Samson Khene, Xiaoming Ren, Franz E. Lopez-Suarez, Dolores Lozano-Castello, Agustin Bueno-Lopez, and Gang Wu, “High-Loading Cobalt Oxide Coupled with Nitrogen-Doped Graphene for Oxygen R eduction in Anion-Exchange-Membrane Alkaline Fuel Cells,” Journal Of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 117, no. 17, pp. 8697–8707, 2013.
- Udaya B. Nasini, Yashraj Gartia, Punnamchandar Ramidi, Abul Kazi, Ali U. Shaikh, and Anindya Ghosh, “Oxygen reduction reaction catalyzed by cobalt(III) complexes of macrocyclic ligands supported on multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 566, pp. 38–43, 2013.
- Minhua Shao, Jonathan Odell, Michael Humbert, Taekyung Yu, and Younan Xia, “Electrocatalysis on Shape-Controlled Palladium Nanocrystals: Oxygen Reduction Reaction and Formic Acid Oxidation,” The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, vol. 117, no. 8, pp. 4172–4180, 2013.
- Sun-Tang Chang, Hsin-Chih Huang, Hsiao-Chien Wang, Hsin-Cheng Hsu, Jyh-Fu Lee, and Chen-Hao Wang, “Effects of structures of pyrolyzed corrin, corrole and porphyrin on oxygen reduction reaction,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2013.
- Chan Lin, Yang Song, Lixin Cao, and Shaowei Chen, “ Oxygen Reduction Catalyzed by Au–TiO 2 Nanocomposites in Alkaline Media ,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, pp. 131120125217006, 2013.
- Shiming Zhang, and Shengli Chen, “Enhanced-electrocatalytic activity of Pt nanoparticles supported on nitrogen-doped carbon for the oxygen reduction reaction,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 240, pp. 60–65, 2013.
- Lidija D. Rafailovic, Christoph Gammer, Christian Rentenberger, Tomislav Trišovic, Christoph Kleber, and H. Peter Karnthaler, “Enhanced oxygen evolution and reduction reactions of porous ternary NiCoFe foam electrodes prepared by dynamic hydrogen template deposition,” Nano Energy, 2013.
- Shayna Brocato, Alexey Serov, and Plamen Atanassov, “pH dependence of catalytic activity for ORR of the non-PGM catalyst derived from heat-treated Fe–phenanthroline,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 87, pp. 361–365, 2013.
- Chen-Hao Wang, Chin-Tsan Wang, Hsin-Chih Huang, Sun-Tang Chang, and Fan-Ying Liao, “High stability pyrolyzed vitamin B12 as a non-precious metal catalyst of oxygen reduction reaction in microbial fuel cells,” RSC Advances, vol. 3, no. 35, pp. 15375, 2013.
- Hsin-Chih Huang, Chen-Hao Wang, Indrajit Shown, Sun-Tang Chang, Hsin-Cheng Hsu, He-Yun Du, Li-Chyong Chen, and Kuei-Hsien Chen, “High-performance pyrolyzed iron corrole as a potential non-precious metal catalyst for PEMFCs,” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 1, no. 46, pp. 14692, 2013.