- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 679869, 4 pages
Accurate Potential Energy Surfaces and Beyond: Chemical Reactivity, Binding, Long-Range Interactions, and Spectroscopy
1Department of Chemistry, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
2Cherry L. Emerson Center for Scientific Computation and Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
3SETI Institute and NASA Ames Research Center, MS 245-6, Moffett Field, CA 94035, USA
4Departamento de Quimica, Universidade de Coimbra, 3004535 Coimbra, Portugal
Received 13 February 2012; Accepted 13 February 2012
Copyright © 2012 Laimutis Bytautas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Born and J. R. Oppenheimer, “Zur quantentheorie kontinuierlicher spektren,” Annalen der Physik, vol. 41, no. 8-9, pp. 457–484, 1927.
- J. N. Murrell, S. Carter, S. C. Farantos, P. Huxley, and A. J. C. Varandas, Molecular Potential Energy Functions, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 1984.
- P. Ball, “Beyond the bond,” Nature, vol. 469, no. 7328, pp. 26–28, 2011.
- K. E. Riley, M. Pitoňák, P. Jurečka, and P. Hobza, “Stabilization and structure calculations for noncovalent interactions in extended molecular systems based on wave function and density functional theories,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 110, no. 9, pp. 5023–5063, 2010.
- D. Herschbach, “Molecular collisions, from warm to ultracold,” Faraday Discussions, vol. 142, pp. 9–23, 2009.
- L. Bytautas and K. Ruedenberg, “Ab initio potential energy curve of F2. IV. Transition from the covalent to the van der Waals region: competition between multipolar and correlation forces,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 130, no. 20, Article ID 204101, 2009.
- R. V. Krems, “Cold controlled chemistry,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 10, no. 28, pp. 4079–4092, 2008.
- P. R. Schreiner, H. P. Reisenauer, D. Ley, D. Gerbig, C.-H. Wu, and W. D. Allen, “Methylhydroxycarbene: tunneling control of a chemical reaction,” Science, vol. 332, no. 6035, pp. 1300–1303, 2011.
- A. H. Zewail, “Femtochemistry: recent progress in studies of dynamics and control of reactions and their transition states,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 100, no. 31, pp. 12701–12724, 1996.
- C. D. Sherrill, “Frontiers in electronic structure theory,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 132, no. 11, Article ID 110902, 2010.
- P. Pyykkö, “Relativistic effects in structural chemistry,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 563–594, 1988.
- L. Bytautas, N. Matsunaga, and K. Ruedenberg, “Accurate ab initio potential energy curve of O2 II. Core-valence correlations, relativistic contributions, and vibration-rotation spectrum,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 132, no. 7, Article ID 074307, 2010.
- G. C. Schatz, “The analytical representation of electronic potential-energy surfaces,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 669–688, 1989.
- A. J. C. Varandas, “Intermolecular and intramolecular potentials: topographical aspects, calculation, and functional representation via a double many-body expansion method,” Advances in Chemical Physics, vol. 74, pp. 255–338, 1988.
- B. J. Braams and J. M. Bowman, “Permutationally invariant potential energy surfaces in high dimensionality,” International Reviews in Physical Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 577–606, 2009.
- J. M. Bowman, B. J. Braams, S. Carter et al., “Ab-initio-based potential energy surfaces for complex molecules and molecular complexes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, vol. 1, no. 12, pp. 1866–1874, 2010.
- O. L. Polyansky, A. G. Császár, S. V. Shirin et al., “High-accuracy ab initio rotation-vibration transitions for water,” Science, vol. 299, no. 5606, pp. 539–542, 2003.
- X. Huang, D. W. Schwenke, and T. J. Lee, “Rovibrational spectra of ammonia. I. Unprecedented accuracy of a potential energy surface used with nonadiabatic corrections,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 134, no. 4, Article ID 044320, 15 pages, 2011.
- G. A. Worth and L. S. Cederbaum, “Beyond born-oppenheimer: molecular dynamics through a conical intersection,” Annual Review of Physical Chemistry, vol. 55, pp. 127–158, 2004.
- D. R. Yarkony, “Conical intersections: the new conventional wisdom,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 105, no. 26, pp. 6277–6293, 2001.
- T. J. Martinez, “Physical chemistry: seaming is believing,” Nature, vol. 467, no. 7314, pp. 412–413, 2010.