- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 962594, 7 pages
Fluorescence Quenching by Reversible Charge Separation Followed by Ions Recombination and Their Separation Suppressed by Coulomb Attraction
1Chemical Physics Department, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
2Institute of Chemical Kinetics and Combustion, RAN, Novosibirsk 630090, Russia
Received 9 April 2012; Accepted 17 June 2012
Academic Editor: Chaoyuan Zhu
Copyright © 2012 A. I. Burshtein and A. B. Doktorov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. I. Burshtein and P. A. Frantsuzov, “Universal binary theory of photochemical charge separation and distribution,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 3948–3955, 1997.
- D. Rehm and A. Weller, “Kinetics of fluorescence quenching by electron and H-atom transfer,” Israel Journal of Chemistry, vol. 8, pp. 259–271, 1970.
- R. A. Marcus and P. Siders, “Theory of highly exothermic electron transfer reactions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 622–630, 1982.
- N. Ghoneim, C. Hammer, E. Haselbach, D. Pilloud, P. Suppan, and P. Jacques, “Comparative electron-transfer quenching rates of 9,10-dicyanoanthracene by various donors in solvents of different polarities,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 89, no. 24, pp. 4271–4273, 1993.
- A. I. Burshtein, “Unified theory of photochemical charge separation,” Advances in Chemical Physics, vol. 114, pp. 419–587, 2000.
- A. I. Burshtein and K. L. Ivanov, “Reversible Photoionization in Liquid Solutions,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 105, no. 13, pp. 3158–3166, 2001.
- A. I. Burshtein, “Non-markovian theories of transfer reactions in luminescence and chemiluminescence and photo- and electrochemistry,” Advances in Chemical Physics, vol. 129, p. 105, 2004.
- A. I. Burshtein and A. I. Ivanov, “A diffusional alternative to the Marcus free energy gap law .,” Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 9, pp. 396–400, 2006.
- P. Suppan, “The importance of the electrostatic interaction in condensed-phase photoinduced electron transfer,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 82, pp. 509–511, 1986.
- A. I. Burshtein, “Contact and distant luminescence quenching in solutions,” Advances in Physical Chemistry, vol. 2009, Article ID 214219, 34 pages, 2009.