- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 905910, 8 pages
Theoretical Study on the Static (Hyper)Polarizabilities of α-t-Bu-ω-CN-Poly(methylphenyl)silane
Key Laboratory of Theoretical Chemistry of Environment, Ministry of Education, School of Chemistry and Environment, South China Normal University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Received 12 January 2013; Accepted 4 March 2013
Academic Editor: Bernard Kirtman
Copyright © 2013 Jing Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Mimura, H. Naito, Y. Kanemitsu, K. Matsukawa, and H. Inoue, “Optical properties of (organic polysilane)-(inorganic matrix) hybrid thin films,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 87, pp. 715–717, 2000.
- K. Matsukawa, T. Tamai, and H. Inoue, “Photoconductive properties of polysilane copolymers with pendant siloxane groups,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 5, pp. 675–677, 2000.
- A. Sharma, M. Katiyar, Deepak, S. Seki, and S. Tagawa, “Room temperature ultraviolet emission at 357 nm from polysilane based organic light emitting diode,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 14, Article ID 143511, 2006.
- M. Hiramoto, Y. Sakata, and M. Yokoyama, “Patterned emission in organic electroluminescent device using photodecomposition of polysilane film by UV light,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics A, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 4809–4812, 1996.
- L. Sacarescu, I. Mangalagiu, M. Simionescu, G. Sacarescu, and R. Ardeleanu, “Polysilanes. A new route toward high performance EL devices,” Macromolecular Symposia, vol. 267, no. 1, pp. 123–128, 2008.
- K. Ebihara, S. Matsushita, S. Koshihara et al., “Ultraviolet luminescence and electro-luminescence of polydihexylsilane,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 72–74, pp. 43–45, 1997.
- F. Kajzar, J. Messier, and C. Rosilio, “Nonlinear optical properties of thin films of polysilane,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 3040–3044, 1986.
- J. C. Baumert, G. C. Bjorklund, D. H. Jundt et al., “Temperature dependence of the third-order nonlinear optical susceptibilities in polysilanes and polygermanes,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 53, no. 13, pp. 1147–1149, 1988.
- D. B. Chen, G. Q. Li, and Z. H. Zhou, “Polysilanes-a class of new and distinct non-linear optical materials,” Chemical Research and Application, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 8–14, 1993.
- B. C. Shi, M. G. Zhang, G. W. Li, Y. Y. Li, M. Y. Wang, and Z. Li, “The synthesis of poly(methylphenyl)silane and investigation on its nonlinear optical properties,” Journal of NanJing Normal University, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 26–29, 1997.
- H. D. Tang, J. D. Luo, J. G. Qin, H. Kang, and C. Ye, “A novel synthetic strategy to develop second-order nonlinear optical polysilanes for potential photorefractive effects,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 21, no. 16, pp. 1125–1129, 2000.
- B. Champagne, E. A. Perpète, D. Jacquemin et al., “Assessment of conventional density functional schemes for computing the dipole moment and (hyper)polarizabilities of push-pull π-conjugated systems,” Journal of Physical Chemistry A, vol. 104, no. 20, pp. 4755–4763, 2000.
- M. Torrent-Sucarrat, M. Solà, M. Duran, J. M. Luis, and B. Kirtman, “Basis set and electron correlation effects on ab initio electronic and vibrational nonlinear optical properties of conjugated organic molecules,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 118, no. 2, pp. 711–718, 2003.
- M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, et al., Gaussian 03, Revision E. 01, Gaussian Inc., Wallingford, Conn, USA, 2004.
- A. E. Reed and F. Weinhold, “Natural bond orbital analysis of near-Hartree-Fock water dimer,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 78, no. 6, pp. 4066–4073, 1983.
- A. E. Reed, R. B. Weinstock, and F. Weinhold, “Natural population analysis,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 735–746, 1985.
- R. D. Dennington II, T. A. Keith, J. Millam, A. B. Nielsen, A. J. Holder, and J. Hiscocks, GaussView, Version 5.0, Gaussian Inc., Wallingford, Conn, USA, 2009.
- B. Kirtman and M. Hasan, “Linear and nonlinear polarizabilities of trans-polysilane from ab initio oligomer calculations,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 470–479, 1992.
- G. J. B. Hurst, M. Dupuis, and E. Clementi, “Ab initio analytic polarizability, first and second hyperpolarizabilities of large conjugated organic molecules: applications to polyenes C4H6 to C22H24,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 385–395, 1988.
- J. Li, Z. Li, H. Tang, H. Zeng, and J. Qin, “Polysilanes with NLO chromophores as pendant groups by utilizing different synthetic strategies,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 685, no. 1-2, pp. 258–268, 2003.
- J. M. Halbout and C. L. Tang, “Properties and applications of ureaeds,” in Nonlinear Optical Properties of Organic Molecular and Crystals, D. S. Chemla and J. Zyss, Eds., Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- K. C. Wu, R. J. Sa, J. Li et al., “Theoretical study on the linear and nonlinear optical polarizabilities of urea clusters,” Jiegou Huaxue, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 323–324, 2001.