- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Physical Chemistry
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 426749, 8 pages
Full Kinetics and a Mechanistic Investigation of the Green Protocol for Synthesis of β-Aminoketone in the Presence of Saccharose as a Catalyst by a One-Pot Three-Component Reaction
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Sistan and Baluchestan, P.O. Box 98135-674, Zahedan 9816658514, Iran
Received 29 January 2014; Revised 2 May 2014; Accepted 3 May 2014; Published 16 June 2014
Academic Editor: Taicheng An
Copyright © 2014 Sayyed Mostafa Habibi-Khorassani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Arend, B. Westermann, and N. Risch, “Modern variants of the Mannich reaction,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1045–1070, 1998.
- R. Müller, H. Goesmann, and H. Waldmann, “N,N-phthaloylamino acids as chiral auxiliaries in asymmetric Mannich-type reactions,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 38, no. 1-2, pp. 184–187, 1999.
- S. Kobayashi and H. Ishitani, “Catalytic enantioselective addition to imines,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 99, no. 5, pp. 1069–1094, 1999.
- T. Akiyama, K. Matsuda, and K. Fuchibe, “HCl-catalyzed stereoselective Mannich reaction in H2O-SDS system,” Synlett, no. 2, pp. 322–324, 2005.
- W. B. Yi and C. Cai, “Mannich-type reactions of aromatic aldehydes, anilines, and methyl ketones in fluorous biphase systems created by rare earth (III) perfluorooctane sulfonates catalysts in fluorous media,” Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, vol. 127, no. 11, pp. 1515–1521, 2006.
- R. Wang, B. G. Li, T. K. Huang, L. Shi, and X. X. Lu, “NbCl5-catalyzed one-pot Mannich-type reaction: three component synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 48, no. 12, pp. 2071–2073, 2007.
- L. Wang, J. Han, J. Sheng, H. Tian, and Z. Fan, “Rare earth perfluorooctanoate [RE(PFO)3] catalyzed one-pot Mannich reaction: three component synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 201–204, 2005.
- S. Sahoo, T. Joseph, and S. B. Halligudi, “Mannich reaction in Brönsted acidic ionic liquid: a facile synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, vol. 244, no. 1-2, pp. 179–182, 2006.
- M. A. Bigdeli, F. Nemati, and G. H. Mahdavinia, “HClO4-SiO2 catalyzed stereoselective synthesis of β-amino ketones via a direct Mannich-type reaction,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 48, no. 38, pp. 6801–6804, 2007.
- M. Wu, H. Jing, and T. Chang, “Synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds via a Mannich reaction catalyzed by SalenZn complex,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 2217–2221, 2007.
- M. Kidwai, D. Bhatnagar, N. K. Mishra, and V. Bansal, “CAN catalyzed synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds via Mannich reaction in PEG,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 9, no. 15, pp. 2547–2549, 2008.
- G. P. Lu and C. Cai, “Mannich reactions catalyzed by perchloric acid in Triton X10 aqueous micelles,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 745–748, 2010.
- Y. Dai, B. D. Li, H. D. Quan, and C. X. Lu, “CeCl3·7H2O as an efficient catalyst for one-pot synthesis of β-amino ketones by three-component Mannich reaction,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 31–34, 2010.
- H. Wu, X. M. Chen, Y. Wan et al., “Stereoselective Mannich reactions catalyzed by Tröger's base derivatives in aqueous media,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. 1062–1065, 2009.
- P. Phukan, D. Kataki, and P. Chakraborty, “Direct synthesis of Cbz-protected β-amino ketones by iodine-catalyzed three-component condensation of aldehydes, ketones and benzyl carbamate,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 47, no. 31, pp. 5523–5525, 2006.
- X. C. Wang, L. J. Zhang, Z. Zhang, and Z. J. Quan, “PEG-OSO 3H as an efficient and recyclable catalyst for the synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds via the Mannich reaction in PEG-H 2O,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 423–426, 2012.
- Y. S. Wu, J. Cai, Z. Y. Hu, and G. X. Lin, “A new class of metal-free catalysts for direct diastereo- and regioselective Mannich reactions in aqueous media,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 45, no. 48, pp. 8949–8954, 2004.
- Y. Y. Yang, W. G. Shou, and Y. G. Wang, “Synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds via a Zn(OTf)2-catalyzed cascade reaction of anilines with aromatic aldehydes and carbonyl compounds,” Tetrahedron, vol. 62, no. 43, pp. 10079–10086, 2006.
- U. Sankappa Rai, A. M. Isloor, P. Shetty, N. Isloor, S. Malladi, and H. K. Fun, “Synthesis and biological evaluation of aminoketones,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 6090–6094, 2010.
- R. I. Kureshy, S. Agrawal, S. Saravanan et al., “Direct Mannich reaction mediated by Fe(Cp)2PF6 under solvent-free conditions,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 489–494, 2010.
- C. Mukhopadhyay, A. Datta, and R. J. Butcher, “Highly efficient one-pot, three-component Mannich reaction catalysed by boric acid and glycerol in water with major 'syn' diastereoselectivity,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 50, no. 29, pp. 4246–4250, 2009.
- M. Kidwai, N. K. Mishra, V. Bansal, A. Kumar, and S. Mozumdar, “Novel one-pot Cu-nanoparticles-catalyzed Mannich reaction,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 1355–1358, 2009.
- C. T. Chang, B. S. Liao, and S. T. Liu, “Mannich-type reactions in a colloidal solution formed by sodium tetrakis(3,5-trifluoromethylphenyl)borate as a catalyst in water,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 47, no. 52, pp. 9257–9259, 2006.
- C. B. Yue, T. F. Yi, C. B. Zhu, and G. Liu, “Mannich reaction catalyzed by a novel catalyst under solvent-free conditions,” Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 653–656, 2009.
- R. K. Sharma, D. Rawat, and G. Gaba, “Inorganic-organic hybrid silica based tin(II) catalyst: synthesis, characterization and application in one-pot three-component Mannich reaction,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 19, pp. 31–36, 2012.
- T. P. Loh, S. B. K. W. Liung, K. L. Tan, and L. L. Wei, “Three component synthesis of β-amino carbonyl compounds using indium trichloride-catalyzed one-pot Mannich-type reaction in water,” Tetrahedron, vol. 56, no. 20, pp. 3227–3237, 2000.
- K. Manabe, Y. Mori, and S. Kobayashi, “Three-component carbon-carbon bond-forming reactions catalyzed by a Brønsted acid-surfactant-combined catalyst in water,” Tetrahedron, vol. 57, no. 13, pp. 2537–2544, 2001.
- M. L. Kantam, C. V. Rajasekhar, G. Gopikrishna, K. Rajender Reddy, and B. M. Choudary, “Proline catalyzed two-component, three-component and self-asymmetric Mannich reactions promoted by ultrasonic conditions,” Tetrahedron Letters, vol. 47, no. 33, pp. 5965–5967, 2006.
- Y. C. Teo, J. J. Lau, and M. C. Wu, “Direct asymmetric three-component Mannich reactions catalyzed by a siloxy serine organocatalyst in water,” Tetrahedron Asymmetry, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 186–190, 2008.
- N. Saadatjoo, M. Golshekan, S. Shariati, P. Azizi, and F. Nemati, “Ultrasound-assisted synthesis of β-amino ketones via a Mannich reaction catalyzed by Fe3O4 magnetite nanoparticles as an efficient, recyclable and heterogeneous catalyst,” Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 2012.
- R. Mahrwald, “Organocatalytic methods for CC bond formation,” Drug Discovery Today: Technologies, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. e29–e36, 2013.
- S. S. Sajadikhah, M. T. Maghsoodlou, N. Hazeri, S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, and A. C. Willis, “One-pot five-component synthesis of highly functionalized piperidines using oxalic acid dihydrate as a homogenous catalyst,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 569–572, 2012.
- M. R. Mousavi, N. Hazeri, M. T. Maghsoodlou, S. Salahi, and S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, “Entirely green protocol for the synthesis of β-aminoketones using saccharose as a homogenous catalyst,” Chinese Chemical Letters, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 411–414, 2013.
- O. J. Nielsen, J. Sehested, S. Langer, E. Ljungström, and I. Wängberg, “UV absorption spectra and kinetics for alkyl and alkyl peroxy radicals originating from di-tert-butyl ether,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 238, pp. 359–364, 1995.
- S. Langer, E. Ljungström, T. Ellermann, O. J. Nielsen, and J. Sehested, “UV absorption spectrum of CH3OCH2 radicals and kinetics of the reaction of CH3OCH2O2 radicals with NO and NO2 in the gas phase,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 240, pp. 53–56, 1995.
- V. V. Ivanov and C. Decker, “Kinetic study of photoinitiated frontal polymerization,” Polymer International, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 113–118, 2001.
- P. C. Fung, K. M. Sin, and S. M. Tsui, “Decolorisation and degradation kinetics of reactive dye wastewater by a UV/ultrasonic/peroxide system,” Journal of the Society of Dyers and Colourists, vol. 116, no. 5-6, pp. 170–173, 2000.
- F. Misiti, M. Castagnola, C. Zuppi, B. Giardina, and I. Messana, “Role of ergothioneine on S-nitrosoglutathione catabolism,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 356, no. 3, pp. 799–804, 2001.
- M. Shahraki, S. M. H. Khorassani, A. Ebrahimi, M. T. Maghsoodlou, and A. Paknahad, “Theoretical, kinetic and mechanistic studies of the reaction between dialkyl acetylenedicarboxylates, triphenylphosphine and pyrrole in organic solvents,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 321–343, 2012.
- S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, M. T. Maghsoodlou, M. Zakarianezhad, M. Nassiri, M. A. Kazemian, and P. Karimi, “A facile synthesis of stable phosphorus ylides derived from 3,6-dibromocarbazole and kinetic investigation of the reactions by UV spectrophotometry technique,” Heteroatom Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 723–732, 2008.
- S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, A. Ebrahimi, M. T. Maghsoodlou et al., “Theoretical study, an efficient synthesis route to, and kinetic investigation of, stable phosphorus ylides derived from benzamide,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 261–288, 2009.
- S. M. Habibi Khorassani, M. T. Maghsoodlou, A. Ebrahimi, M. Zakarianejad, and M. Fattahi, “Kinetics and mechanism of the reactions between triphenylphosphine, dialkyl acetylenedicarboxilates and a NH-acid, pyrazole, by UV spectrophotometry,” Journal of Solution Chemistry, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1117–1127, 2007.
- S. M. H. Khorassani, M. T. Maghsoodlou, E. Aghdaei, and M. Shahraki, “1H NMR technique for kinetic investigation of equilibrium between the Z- and E-isomers in a stable phosphorus ylide involving a 2-indolinone,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 301–310, 2012.
- M. A. Kazemian, P. Karimi, S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, A. Ebrahimi, M. T. Maghsoodlou, and F. J. Milani, “Synthesis of stable phosphorus ylides from 6-chloro-2-benzoxazolinone and kinetic investigation of the reactions by uv spectrophotometry,” Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 77–96, 2009.
- S. M. Habibi Khorassani, M. T. Maghsoodlou, A. Ebrahimi, M. Zakarianejad, P. Mojhammadzadeh, and M. Shahraki, “Kinetic study and mechanism investigation of the reactions between triphenylphosphine, dialkyl acetylene dicarboxylates and NH-acid such as Harman,” Oriental Journal of Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 73–82, 2008.
- S. M. Habibi-Khorassani, A. Ebrahimi, M. T. Maghsoodlou, M. Zakarianezhad, H. Ghasempour, and Z. Ghahghayi, “Theoretical, nmr study, kinetics and a mechanistic investigation of the reaction between triphenylphosphine, dialkyl acetylenedicarboxylates and 2-aminothiophenol,” Current Organic Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 942–952, 2011.
- R. Kabiri, N. Hazeri, S. M. Habibi Khorassani et al., “Synthesis, dynamic 1H NMR and theoretical study of aryl-nitrogen single bond rotational energy barriers in highly functionalized 4H-chromenes,” Arkivoc, vol. 2008, no. 17, pp. 12–19, 2008.
- L. M. Schwartz and R. I. Gelb, “Alternative method of analyzing first-order kinetic data,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1592–1594, 1978.