- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 164286, 6 pages
Heat Transfer of DE-Series MOSFETs
Vaal University of Technology, Private Bag X021, Vanderbijlpark 1900, South Africa
Received 19 January 2011; Accepted 6 May 2011
Academic Editor: Jose Pomilio
Copyright © 2011 Arthur James Swart. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Zhang, Choosing the Right Power MOSFET Package, EE Product News, 2004.
- IXYS NEWS, DE-Series Package Technology as a Circuit Element for High Speed Performance, 2004/2, http://www.ixys.com/.
- The Arrl Handbook for Radio Amateurs, The American Radio League, 78th edition, 2000.
- B. W. Williams, Power Electronics: Devices, Drivers, Applications and Passive Components, Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1992.
- N. Dye and H. Granberg, Radio Frequency Transistors: Principles and Practical Applications, Newnes, 2nd edition, 2001.
- M. S. J. Asghar, Power Electronics, Prentice-Hall, New Delhi, India, 2004.
- J. M. Jacob, Power Electronics: Principles and Applications, Delmar Thomson Learning, Albany, NY, USA, 2002.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, and W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2003.
- M. H. Rashid, Power Electronics Circuits, Devices, and Applications, Pearson Prentice Hall, New Jersey, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2004.
- J. P. Agrawal, Power Electronic Systems: Theory and Design, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- J. Swart and C. Van Zyl Pienaar, “Mounting DE-series MOSFETs—a comparison of two recognised techniques,” in IEEE International Conference (IEEE AFRICON '07), Windhoek Country Club, Namibia, 2007.
- IXYSRF Home page, 2006, http://www.ixysrf.com.
- RS Components SA, 2007, http://www.rssouthafrica.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/home.do?returningUser=N&cacheID=zaie.
- Fourier Systems, DaqPROTM Standalone data acquisition and analysis system, 2011, http://www.fouriersystems.com/products/8-channel/data_logger.php.
- C. J. Conway and T. E. Martin, “Effects of ambient temperature on avian incubation behavior,” Behavioral Ecology, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 178–188, 2000.
- Y. K. Khor, Y. M. Hung, and B. K. Lim, “On the role of radiation view factor in thermal performance of straight-fin heat sinks,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 1087–1095, 2010.
- S.-H. Yu, K.-S. Lee, and S.-J. Yook, “Optimum design of a radial heat sink under natural convection,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 54, no. 11-12, pp. 2499–2505, 2011.
- B. Kundu and P. K. Das, “Performance analysis and optimization of straight taper fins with variable heat transfer coefficient,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 45, no. 24, pp. 4739–4751, 2002.
- S. B. Coşkun and M. T. Atay, “Fin efficiency analysis of convective straight fins with temperature dependent thermal conductivity using variational iteration method,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 28, no. 17-18, pp. 2345–2352, 2008.
- L. Dialameh, M. Yaghoubi, and O. Abouali, “Natural convection from an array of horizontal rectangular thick fins with short length,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 28, no. 17-18, pp. 2371–2379, 2008.
- C. J. Kobus and T. Oshio, “Predicting the thermal performance characteristics of staggered vertical pin fin array heat sinks under combined mode radiation and mixed convection with impinging flow,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 48, no. 13, pp. 2684–2696, 2005.
- K. Azar, Ed., Thermal Measurements in Electronics Cooling, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 1997.