- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 273081, 11 pages
Application of Quadratic Linearization for the Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor
1Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai 600 016, India
2SSN College of Engineering, Chennai 600 004, India
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 8 August 2011
Academic Editor: Henry S. H. Chung
Copyright © 2011 Parvathy Ayalur Krishnamoorthy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Bose, Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives, Pearson Education, 2002.
- R. Monajemy, Control strategies and parameter compensation of permanent magnet synchronous motor drives, Ph.D. thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blachsberg, Va, USA, 2000.
- J. K. Seok, J. K. Lee, and D. C. Lee, “Sensorless speed control of nonsalient permanent-magnet synchronous motor using rotor-position-tracking PI controller,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 399–405, 2006.
- P. Pillay and R. Krishnan, “Modeling, simulation, and analysis of permanent-magnet motor drives. I. The permanent-magnet synchronous motor drive,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 265–273, 1989.
- H. Zhu, X. Xiao, and Y. Li, “PI type dynamic decoupling control scheme for PMSM high speed operation,” in Proceedings of the 25th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '10), pp. 1736–1739, Palm Springs, Calif, USA, February 2010.
- M. Bodson and J. Chiasson, “Differential-geometric methods for control of electric motors,” International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 923–954, 1998.
- J. Chiasson, “Nonlinear controllers for an induction motor,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 977–990, 1996.
- G. Zhu, A. Kaddouri, L. A. Dessaint, and O. Akhrif, “A nonlinear state observer for the sensorless control of a permanent-magnet AC machine,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1098–1108, 2001.
- A. J. Krener, “Approximate linearization by state feedback and coordinate change,” Systems and Control Letters, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 181–185, 1984.
- W. Kang and A. J. Krener, “Extended quadratic controller normal form and dynamic state feedback linearization of nonlinear systems,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1319–1337, 1992.
- A. J. Krener and W. Kang, “Extended normal forms of quadratic systems,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2091–2096, IEEE, New York, NY, USA, December 1990.
- V. I. Arnold, Geometric Methods in the Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- A. U. Levin and K. S. Narendra, “Control of nonlinear dynamical systems using neural networks. Controllability and stabilization,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 192–206, 1993.
- A. K. Parvathy, V. Kamaraj, and R. Devanathan, “A new linearisation technique for permanent magnet synchronous motor model,” in Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference (POWERCON '08), pp. 1–5, New Delhi, India, October 2008.
- A. K. Parvathy, R. Devanathan, and V. Kamaraj, “Application of quadratic linearization to control of Permanent Magnet synchronous motor,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES '11), pp. 158–163, 2011.
- B. C. Kuo, Automatic Control Systems, Prentice-Hall, New Delhi, India, 2001.
- P. Brunovsky, “A classification of linear controllable systems,” Kybernetika, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 173–188, 1970.
- G. S. Cardoso and L. Schnitman, “Analysis of exact linearization and aproximate feedback linearization techniques,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2011, Article ID 205939, 17 pages, 2011.
- A. K. Parvathy, V. Kamaraj, and R. Devanathan, “Complete quadratic linearisation of machine models,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control Applications, pp. 1130–1133, Singapore, October 2007.