- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 912749, 7 pages
Design of Robust Current Controller for Two-Level 12-Pulse VSC-based STATCOM
1School of Electrical Engineering, VIT University, Vellore 632014, India
2Department of Electrical Engineering, Canara Engineering College, Mangalore 574219, India
Received 2 November 2010; Revised 22 March 2011; Accepted 6 April 2011
Academic Editor: Jose Pomilio
Copyright © 2011 M. Janaki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. G. Hingorani, “Flexible AC transmission,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 40–45, 1993.
- C. Schauder and H. Mehta, “Vector analysis and control of advanced static VAR compensators,” IEE Proceedings C, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 299–306, 1993.
- K. R. Padiyar, FACTS Controllers in Power Transmission and Distribution, New age International (P), New Delhi, India, 2007.
- Y. Sumi, Y. Harumoto, T. Hasegawa, M. Yano, K. Ikeda, and T. Matsuura, “New static VAR control using force-commutated inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 100, no. 9, pp. 4216–4224, 1981.
- L. Gyugyi, “Reactive power generation and control by thyristor circuits,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 521–532, 1979.
- K. R. Padiyar and A. M. Kulkarni, “Design of reactive current and voltage controller of static condenser,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 397–410, 1997.
- K. R. Padiyar and N. Prabhu, “Design and performance evaluation of subsynchronous damping controller with STATCOM,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 1398–1405, 2006.
- K. R. Padiyar and V. Swayam Prakash, “Tuning and performance evaluation of damping controller for a STATCOM,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 155–166, 2003.
- N. Prabhu, Analysis of sub synchronous resonance with voltage source converter based FACTS and HVDC controllers, Ph.D. dissertation, IISc Bangalore, 2004.
- K. R. Padiyar, Power System Dynamics: Stability and Control, B.S. Publications, Hyderabad, India, 2nd edition, 2000.
- K. R. Padiyar and N. Prabhu, “Analysis of subsynchronous resonance with three level twelve-pulse VSC based SSSC,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Convergent Technologies for Asia-Pacific Region (TENCON '03), vol. 1, pp. 76–80, October 2003.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithm in search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- R. Singh, A novel approach for tuning of power system stabilizer using genetic algorithm, M.Sc. dissertation, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, July 2004.
- A. L. B. do Bomfim, G. N. Taranto, and D. M. Falcâo, “Simultaneous tuning of power system damping controllers using genetic algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 163–169, 2000.