- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 970364, 8 pages
A New Sensorless MRAS Based on Active Power Calculations for Rotor Position Estimation of a DFIG
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, IST, Technical University of Lisbon (TULisbon), 1049-001 Lisbon, Portugal
Received 29 November 2010; Revised 3 March 2011; Accepted 25 March 2011
Academic Editor: Henry S. H. Chung
Copyright © 2011 Gil Domingos Marques and Duarte Mesquita e Sousa. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Pena, J. C. Clare, and G. M. Asher, “Doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters and its application to variable-speed wind-energy generation,” IEE Proceedings: Electric Power Applications, vol. 143, pp. 231–241, 1996.
- R. Datta and V. T. Ranganathan, “A simple position-sensorless algorithm for rotor-side field-oriented control of wound-rotor induction machine,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 786–793, 2001.
- E. Bogalecka, “Power control of a double fed induction generator without speed or position sensor,” in Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications, vol. 8, chapter 50, pp. 224–228, September 1993.
- E. Bogalecka and Z. Krzeminski, “Sensorless control of double fed machine for wind power generators,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Power Electronics and Motion Control (EPE-PEMC '02), Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2002.
- Z. Krzeminski, A. Popenda, M. Melcer, and P. Ladach, “Sensorless control system of double fed induction machine with predictive current controller,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE '01), Graz, Austria, 2001.
- L. Xu and W. Cheng, “Torque and reactive power control of a doubly fed induction machine by position sensorless scheme,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 636–642, 1995.
- L. Morel, H. Godfroid, A. Mirzaian, and J. M. Kaufmann, “Double-fed induction machine: converter optimization and field oriented control without position sensor,” IEE Proceedings: Electric Power Applications, vol. 145, no. 4, pp. 360–368, 1998.
- B. Hopfensperger, D. J. Atkinson, and R. A. Lakin, “Stator-flux-oriented control of a doubly-fed induction machine with and without position encoder,” IEE Proceedings: Electric Power Applications, vol. 147, no. 4, pp. 241–250, 2000.
- R. Cárdenas, R. Peña, G. Asher, J. Clare, and J. Cartes, “MRAS observer for doubly fed induction machines,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 467–468, 2004.
- R. Cárdenas, R. Peña, J. Proboste, G. Asher, and J. Clare, “Rotor current based MRAS observer for doubly-fed induction machines,” Electronics Letters, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 769–770, 2004.
- R. Cárdenas, R. Peña, J. Proboste, G. Asher, and J. Clare, “Sensorless control of a doubly-fed induction generator for stand alone operation,” in Proceedings of the 35th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 3378–3383, Aachen, Germany, 2004.
- R. Peña, R. Cárdenas, J. Proboste, G. Asher, and J. Clare, “Sensorless control of doubly-fed induction generators using a rotor-current-based MRAS observer,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 330–339, 2008.
- B. Shen, B. Mwinyiwiwa, Y. Zhang, and B. T. Ooi, “Sensorless maximum power point tracking of wind by DFIG using rotor position phase lock loop (PLL),” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 942–951, 2009.
- B. Mwinyiwiwa, Y. Zhang, B. Shen, and B. T. Ooi, “Rotor position phase-locked loop for decoupled P-Q control of DFIG for wind power generation,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 758–765, 2009.
- G. D. Marques, V. Fernão Pires, S. Sousa, and D. M. Sousa, “Evaluation of a DFIG rotor position-sensorless detector based on a hysteresis controller,” in Proceedings of the PowerEng Conference, Costa da Caparica, Lisbon, 2009.
- G. D. Marques, V. F. Pires, S. Sousa, and D. M. Sousa, “A DFIG sensorless rotor position detector based on a hysteresis controller,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 9–17, 2011.
- J. F. Silva and S. F. Pinto, “Control methods for switching power converters,” in Power Electronics Handbook, M. H. Rashid, Ed., chapter 34, pp. 935–998, Elsevier, Academic Press, 2nd edition, 2006.