- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 176876, 11 pages
Using Averaged Modeling for Capacitors Voltages Observer in NPC Inverter
Power Electronics Group, Université de Sfax, ENIS-Sfax, BP. 1173, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
Received 17 May 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: C. M. Liaw
Copyright © 2012 Bassem Omri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Baoming and F. Z. Peng, “Speed sensorless vector control induction motor drives fed by cascaded neutral point clamped inverter,” in Proceedings of the 24th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '09), pp. 1991–1997, February 2009.
- B. Hu, G. Xu, M. Zhang, J. Kang, and L. Xia, “Study on a novel clamped topology of multilevel converters,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference (IEMDC '09), pp. 379–384, May 2009.
- T. A. Lipo, M. D. Manjrekar, and P. Steimer, “Hybrid multilevel power conversion system: a competitive solution for high power applications,” in Proceedings of the 34th IEEE-IAS Annual Meeting, pp. 1520–1527, October 1999.
- O. Vodyakho and C. C. Mi, “Three-level inverter-based shunt active power filter in three-phase three-wire and four-wire systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1350–1363, 20089.
- F. J. C. Padilha, W. I. Suemitsu, M. D. Bellar, and P. M. Lourenco, “Low-cost gate drive circuit for three-level neutral-point-clamped voltage-source inverter,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1196–1204, 2009.
- T. Wanjekeche, D. V. Nicolae, and A. A. Jimoh, “A cascaded NPC/H-bridge inverter with simplified control strategy and minimum component count,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Africon, vol. 4, pp. 769–777, September 2009.
- R. P. Aguilera and D. E. Quevedo, “Capacitor voltage estimation for predictive control algorithm of flying capacitor converters,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '09), pp. 1–6, February 2009.
- T. A. Meynard, H. Foch, P. Thomas, J. Courault, R. Jakob, and M. Nahrstaedt, “Multicell converters: basic concepts and industry applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 955–964, 2002.
- E. Babaei, “A cascade multilevel converter topology with reduced number of switches,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2657–2664, 2008.
- A. Nabae, I. Takahashi, and H. Akagi, “A neutral-point clamped PWM inverter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE-IAS, pp. 761–766, October 1981.
- H. Zhang, S. J. Finney, A. Massoud, and B. W. Williams, “An SVM algorithm to balance the capacitor voltages of the three-level NPC active power filter,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 2694–2702, 2008.
- J. A. Ulrich and A. R. Bendre, “Floating capacitor voltage regulation in diode clamped hybrid multilevel converters,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium (ESTS '09), pp. 197–202, April 2009.
- Y. S. Lai, Y. K. Chou, and S. Y. Pai, “Simple PWM technique of capacitor voltage balance for three-level inverter with DC-link voltage sensor only,” in Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON '07), pp. 1749–1754, November 2007.
- A. Birouche, Contribution sur la synthèse d'observateurs pour les systèmes dynamiques hybrides [Thèse de doctorat], Institut National de Polytechnique de Lorraine, Loraine, France, 2006.
- S. Bonnabel and P. Rouchon, “Control and observer design for nonlinear finite and infinite dimensional systems,” in Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences, vol. 322, pp. 53–65, Springer, 2005.
- M. Morari, A. Bemporad, and G. Ferrari-Trecate, “Observability and controllability of piecewise affine and hybrid systems,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 45, no. 10, pp. 1864–1876, 2000.
- H. Nademi, A. Das, and L. Norum, “Nonlinear observer-based capacitor voltage estimation for sliding mode current controller in NPC multilevel converters,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Trondheim PowerTech, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- A. Gopinath, A. A. S. Mohamed, and M. R. Baiju, “Fractal based space vector PWM for multilevel inverters—a novel approach,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1230–1237, 2009.
- M. A. Trabelsi, “Modélisation et Commande des Systèmes Physiques à Topologie Variable: Application au Convertisseur Multicellulaire,” L'Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon, 2009.
- J. Chen, R. Erickson, and D. Maksimović, “Averaged switch modeling of boundary conduction mode dc-to-dc converters,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON '2001), pp. 844–849, December 2001.
- B. Urmila and D. Subba Rayudu, “Optimum space vector PWM algorithm for three-level inverter,” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 24–36, 2011.
- K. Ammous, E. Haouas, and S. Abid, “Averaged modelling of multilevel converters,” The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 626–646, 2010.
- V. Andrieu, L. Praly, and A. Astolfi, “High gain observers with updated gain and homogeneous correction terms,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 422–428, 2009.
- H. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice-Hall, 2nd edition, 1996.
- J. De León Morales, M. F. Escalante, and M. T. Mata-Jiménez, “Observer for DC voltages in a cascaded H-bridge multilevel STATCOM,” IET Electric Power Applications, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 879–889, 2007.