- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 286861, 9 pages
Controller Design Considerations for ACM APFC Systems
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Received 27 February 2012; Revised 6 August 2012; Accepted 7 August 2012
Academic Editor: C. M. Liaw
Copyright © 2012 Alexander Abramovitz. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. N. Sakthivel, S. K. Das, and K. R. Kini, “Importance of quality AC power distribution and understanding of EMC standards IEC, 61000-3-2, IEC, 61000-3-3 & IEC, 61000-3-11,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Electromagnetic Interference and Compatibility, pp. 423–430, 2003.
- B. Singh, B. N. Singh, A. Chandra, K. Al-Haddad, A. Pandey, and D. P. Kothari, “A review of single-phase improved power quality AC-DC converters,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 962–981, 2003.
- M. M. Jovanović and Y. Jang, “State-of-the-art, single-phase, active power-factor-correction techniques for high-power applications—an overview,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 701–708, 2005.
- B. Andreycak, “Power factor correction using UC3852 controlled on-time zero current switching technique,” U-132 Application note, Unitrode Integrated Circuits.
- M. Marvi and A. Fotowat-Ahmady, “A fully ZVS critical conduction mode boost PFC,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1958–1965, 2012.
- T. F. Wu, J. R. Tsai, Y. M. Chen, and Z. H. Tsai, “Integrated circuits of a PFC controller for interleaved critical-mode boost converters,” in Proceedings of the 22nd Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '07), pp. 1347–1350, March 2007.
- J. R. Tsai, T. F. Wu, C. Y. Wu, Y. M. Chen, and M. C. Lee, “Interleaving phase shifters for critical-mode boost PFC,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1348–1357, 2008.
- K. De Gussemé, D. M. Van de Sype, A. P. M. Van den Bossche, and J. A. Melkebeek, “Input-current distortion of CCM boost PFC converters operated in DCM,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 858–865, 2007.
- K. H. Liu and Y. L. Lin, “Current waveform distortion in power factor correction circuits employing discontinuous-mode boost converters,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '89), pp. 825–829, June 1989.
- D. Maksimović, Y. Jang, and R. W. Erickson, “Nonlinear-carrier control for high-power-factor boost rectifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 578–584, 1996.
- J. P. Gegner and C. Q. Lee, “Linear peak current mode control: a simple active power factor correction control technique for continuous conduction mode,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '96), pp. 196–202, January 1996.
- Z. Lai and K. M. Smedley, “Family of power-factor-correction controllers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 12th Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC '97), pp. 66–73, February 1997.
- J. Rajagopalan, F. C. Lee, and P. Nora, “Generalized technique for derivation of average current mode control laws for power factor correction without input voltage sensing,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 12th Applied Power Electronics Conference, pp. 81–87, February 1997.
- S. Ben-Yaakov and I. Zeltser, “The dynamics of a PWM boost converter with resistive input,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 613–619, 1999.
- P. C. Todd, “UC3854 controlled power factor correction circuit design,” U-134 Application note, Unitrode Integrated Circuits.
- J. B. Williams, “Design of feedback loop in unity power factor AC to DC converter,” in Proceedings of the 20th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '89), pp. 959–967, June 1989.
- L. H. Dixon, “High power factor preregulators for offline power supplies,” in Proceedings of the Unitrode Seminar, 1993.
- L. H. Dixon, “High power factor preregulator design optimization,” in Proceedings of the Unitrode Seminar, 1992.