- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 529178, 6 pages
Resistive Ferroresonance Limiter for Potential Transformers
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Islamic Azad University, Takestan Branch, Takestan 1995755681, Iran
2Electrical Engineering Department, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Received 10 July 2012; Revised 4 October 2012; Accepted 12 October 2012
Academic Editor: Hadi Y. Kanaan
Copyright © 2012 Hamid Radmanesh et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Radmanesh and F. S. Hamid, “Analyzing ferroresonance phenomena in power transformers including zinc oxide arrester and neutral resistance,” Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, vol. 2012, Article ID 525494, 5 pages, 2012.
- B. A. Mork and D. L. Stuehm, “Application of nonlinear dynamics and chaos to ferroresonance in distribution sysytems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 1009–1017, 1994.
- J. W. Butler and C. Concordia, “Analysis of series capacitor application problems,” AIEE Transactions, vol. 56, pp. 975–988, 1937.
- Z. Emin, B. A. T. Al Zahawi, and Y. K. Tong, “Voltage transformer ferroresonance in 275 kV substation,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium on High Voltage Engineering, pp. 283–286, August 1999.
- H. Radmanesh and M. Rostami, “Effect of circuit breaker shunt resistance on chaotic ferroresonance in voltage transformer,” Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 71–77, 2010.
- R. G. Andrei and B. R. Halley, “Voltage transformer ferroresonance from an energy transfer standpoint,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1773–1778, 1989.
- Y. Li, W. Shi, R. Qin, and J. Yang, “A systematical method for suppressing ferroresonance at neutral-grounded substations,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 1009–1014, 2003.
- C. Charalambous, Z. D. Wang, M. Osborne, and P. Jarman, “Sensitivity studies on power transformer ferroresonance of a 400kV double circuit,” IET Journal of Generation, Transmission and Distribution, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 159–166, 2008.
- Y. Li, W. Shi, and F. Li, “Novel analytical solution to fundamental ferroresonance—part I: power frequency excitation characteristic,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 788–793, 2006.
- H. Radmanesh, G. B. Gharehpetian, and H. Fathi, “Ferroresonance of power transformers considering nonlinear core losses and metal oxide surge arrester effects,” Electric Power Components and Systems, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 463–479, 2012.
- D. A. N. Jacobson, P. W. Lehn, and R. W. Menzies, “Stability domain calculations of period-1 ferroresonance in a nonlinear resonant circuit,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 865–871, 2002.
- G. Mokryani and M. R. Haghifam, “Application of wavelet transform and MLP neural network for Ferroresonance identification,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference of Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, pp. 1–6, July 2008.
- A. Rezaei-Zare, R. Iravani, and M. Sanaye-Pasand, “Impacts of transformer core hysteresis formation on stability domain of ferroresonance modes,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 177–186, 2009.
- H. Radmanesh and G. B. Gharehpetian, “Ferroresonance suppression in power transformers using chaos theory,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- C. A. Charalambous, Z. D. Wang, P. Jarman, and M. Osborne, “2-D finite-element electromagnetic analysis of an autotransformer experiencing ferroresonance,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 1275–1283, 2009.
- H. Radmanesh, “Controlling chaotic ferroresonance oscillations in autotransformers including linear and nonlinear core losses effect,” International Review of Electrical Engineering, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 2644–2652, 2010.
- P. G. Khorasani and A. Deihimi, “A new modeling of matlab transformer for accurate simulation of ferroresonance,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives (POWERENG '09), pp. 529–534, March 2009.
- H. Radmanesh and H. Fathi, “Studying voltage transformer ferroresonance,” Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology, vol. 4, no. 19, pp. 3680–3686, 2012.
- K. Al-Anbarri, R. Ramanujam, R. Saravanaselvan, and K. Kuppusamy, “Effect of iron core loss nonlinearity on chaotic ferroresonance in power transformers,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2003.
- E. P. Dick and W. Watson, “Transformer models for transient studies based on field measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 409–419, 1981.