- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 643716, 9 pages
Analysis and Minimization of the Oscillatory Currents in Multibranch Thyristor-Switched Capacitors
Electrical Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait University, P.O. Box 5969, Kuwait 13060, Kuwait
Received 18 May 2012; Revised 26 October 2012; Accepted 12 November 2012
Academic Editor: Neville Watson
Copyright © 2012 Mohamed M. Saied. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. J. E. Miller, Reactive Power Control in Electric Systems, chapter 4, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- The IEEE: Tutorial Course, “Applications of staticVAR systems for system dynamic performance,” IEEE Publication 87TH0187-5-PWR, 1987.
- L. Gyugyi, R. Otto, and T. H. Putman, “Principles and applications of static thyristor-controlled shunt compensators,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 1935–1945, 1978.
- M. M. Saied, “Generalised relations for the current waveforms and the condition for minimum oscillatory currents in multi-branch Thyristor-Switched Capacitors,” Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Australia, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 42–48, 1992.
- J. Dixon, L. Morán, J. Rodríguez, and R. Domke, “Reactive power compensation technologies: state-of-the-art review,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 93, no. 12, pp. 2144–2164, 2005.
- G. Olivier, I. Mougharbel, and G. Dobson-Mack, “Minimal transient switching of capacitors,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1988–1994, 1993.
- S. Mikhail and M. F. McGranaghan, “Evaluation of switching concerns associated with 345 kV shunt capacitor applications,” IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 221–230, 1986.
- A. Gelen and T. Yalcinoz, “The behavior of thyristor switched capacitor (TSC) installed in an infinite bus system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Computer as a Tool (EUROCON '09), pp. 614–617, Petersburg, Russia, May 2009.
- J. Peltola, P. Halonen, and A. Kähkönen, “Static var compensator for power oscillation damping,” in Proceedings of the IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, New Orleans, La, USA, April 2010.
- W. Guo, D. Xu, J. Wu, and L. Wang, “United system of TSC and SVG for reactive power compensation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG '10), pp. 507–511, Hefei, China, June 2010.
- P. Chopade, M. Bikdash, I. Kateeb, and A. D. Kelkar, “Reactive power management and voltage control of large transmission system using SVC (static VAR compensator),” in Proceedings of the IEEE Southeastcon, pp. 85–90, Nashville, Tenn, USA, March 2011.