- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 837602, 10 pages
Energy Space Modeling of Power Electronics in Local Area Power Networks
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 121 EERC Building, 1400 Townsend Dr, Houghton, MI 49931-1295, USA
Received 17 May 2012; Revised 26 July 2012; Accepted 29 July 2012
Academic Editor: Henry S. H. Chung
Copyright © 2012 Gregory M. Vosters and Wayne W. Weaver. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Yamamoto, K. Matsui, and M. Matsuo, “A comparison of various DC-DC converters and their application to power factor correction,” in Proceedings of the Osaka Power Conversion Conference, pp. 128–135, 2002.
- A. Kwasinski and P. T. Krein, “Optimal configuration analysis of a microgrid-based telecom power system,” in Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC '06), pp. 1–8, September 2006.
- J. G. Ciezki and R. W. Ashton, “Selection and stability issues associated with a navy shipboard DC zonal electric distribution system,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 665–669, 2000.
- L. Han, J. Wang, and D. Howe, “Stability assessment of distributed Dc power systems for “more-electric” aircraft,” in Proceedings of the 4th IET International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives (PEMD '08), pp. 661–665, York, UK, April 2008.
- A. Pratt, P. Kumar, and T. V. Aldridge, “Evaluation of 400 V DC distribution in telco and data centers to improve energy efficiency,” in Proceedings of the International Telecommunication Energy Conference (INTELEC '07), pp. 32–39, Rome, Italy, October 2007.
- D. Salomonsson and A. Sannino, “Low-voltage DC distribution system for commercial power systems with sensitive electronic loads,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 1620–1627, 2007.
- H. Kakigano, Y. Miura, T. Ise, and R. Uchida, “DC voltage control of the dc micro-grid for super high quality distribution,” in Proceedings of the 4th Power Conversion Conference-NAGOYA (PCC-NAGOYA '07), pp. 518–525, Nagoya, Japan, April 2007.
- F. Bodi, “‘DC-grade’ reliability for UPS in telecommunications data centers,” in Proceedings of the International Telecommunication Energy Conference (INTELEC '07), pp. 595–602, Rome, Italy, October 2007.
- S. D. Sudhoff and S. F. Glover, “Admittance space stability analysis of power electronic systems,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 965–973, 2000.
- L. Harnefors, M. Bongiorno, and S. Lundberg, “Stability analysis of converter-grid interaction using the converter input admittance,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE '07), pp. 1–10, Aalborg, Denmark, September 2007.
- M. Belkhayat, R. Cooley, and A. Witulski, “Large signal stability criteria for distributed systems with constant power loads,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual IEEE Power Electronics Specialists Conference, pp. 1333–1338, June 1995.
- W. W. Weaver and P. T. Krein, “Optimal geometric control of power buffers,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1248–1258, 2009.
- P. Gupta and A. Patra, “A stable energy-based control strategy for DC-DC boost converter circuits,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 35th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '04), vol. 5, pp. 3642–3646, June 2004.
- R. S. Balog, W. W. Weaver, and P. T. Krein, “The load as an energy asset in a distributed architecture,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Electric Ship Technologies Symposium, pp. 261–267, July 2005.
- O. García, J. A. Cobos, R. Prieto, P. Alou, and J. Uceda, “Single phase power factor correction: a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 749–755, 2003.
- P. T. Krein, J. Bentsman, R. M. Bass, and B. L. Lesieutre, “On the use of averaging for the analysis of power electronic systems,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 182–190, 1989.
- H. K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2002.
- G. K. Andersen and F. Blaabjerg, “Current programmed control of a single-phase two-switch buck—boost power factor correction circuit,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 263–271, 2006.
- J. M. Alonso, M. A. Dalla Costa, and C. Ordiz, “Integrated buck-flyback converter as a high-power-factor off-line power supply,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 1090–1100, 2008.
- A. Davoudi, J. Jatskevich, and P. L. Chapman, “Computer-aided dynamic characterization of fourth-order PWM DC-DC converters,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1021–1025, 2008.
- A. R. Bergen and V. Vittal, Power Systems Analysis, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.