- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Power Electronics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 831560, 8 pages
PV Systems Installed in Marine Vessels: Technologies and Specifications
1Division of Marine Engineering, School of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, 9 Heroon Politechniou Street, 15773 Zografou, Greece
2Laboratory of Electromechanical Energy Conversion, Power Systems Division, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Patras, University Campus of Patras, 26504 Rio, Greece
Received 25 October 2012; Accepted 22 January 2013
Academic Editor: George Antonopoulos
Copyright © 2013 Ioannis Kobougias et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Georgakis, S. Papathanassiou, N. Hatziargyriou, A. Engler, and C. Hardt, “Operation of a prototype microgrid system based on micro-sources equipped with fast-acting power electronics interfaces,” in Proceedings of the IEEE 35th Annual Power Electronics Specialists Conference (PESC '04), vol. 4, pp. 2521–2526, June 2004.
- J. Lee and B. Han, “Operational characteristic analysis of DC micro-grid using detailed model of distributed generation,” in Proceedings of the 2010 IEEE PES Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exposition, pp. 1–8, New Orleans, La, USA, April 2010.
- F. D. Kanellos, A. I. Tsouchnikas, and N. D. Hatziargyriou, “Micro-grid simulation during grid-connected and Islanded modes of operation,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Power Systems Transients (IPST '05), Paper No. IPST05-113, Montreal, Canada, June 2005.
- F. Katiraei, K. Mauch, and L. S. Dignard-Baley, “integration of photovoltaic power systems in high-penetration clusters for distribution networks and mini-grids,” International Journal of Distributed Energy Sources, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 203–223, 2007.
- Large-Scale Photovoltaic Power Plants, http://www.sunenergysite.eu/download/AnnualReview_FreeEdition.pdf.
- M. Calais, V. G. Agelidis, and M. Meinhardt, “Multilevel converters for single-phase grid connected photovoltaic systems: an overview,” Solar Energy, vol. 66, no. 5, pp. 325–335, 1999.
- S. B. Kjaer, J. K. Pedersen, and F. Blaabjerg, “A review of single-phase grid-connected inverters for photovoltaic modules,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1292–1306, 2005.
- E. Behrouzian, A. Tabesh, F. Bahrainian, and A. Zamani, “Power electronics for photovoltaic energy system of an oceanographic buoy,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Applied Power Electronics Colloquium (IAPEC '11), pp. 1–4, April 2011.
- J. A. Clarke, C. M. Johnstone, I. A. Macdonald et al., “The deployment of photovoltaic components within the lighthouse building in glasgow,” http://www.esru.strath.ac.uk/Documents/LH-PV.pdf.
- G. S. Spagnolo, D. Papalilo, and A. Martocchia, “Eco friendly electric propulsion boat,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Environment and Electrical Engineering (EEEIC '11), pp. 1–4, May 2011.
- J. S. Park, T. Katagi, S. Yamamoto, and T. Hashimoto, “Operation control of photovoltaic/diesel hybrid generating system considering fluctuation of solar radiation,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 67, no. 1–4, pp. 535–542, 2001.
- T. Katagi, Y. Fugii, E. Nishikawa, T. Hashimoto, and K. Ishida, “Photovoltaic generating system on ships to reduce fossil fuel dependence,” http://www.jime.jp/publication/bulletin/english/pdf/mv24n021996p70.pdf.
- C. Kagkarakis, Photovoltaic Technology, Simmetria, Athens, Greece, (Greek), 1992.
- T. Zacharias, Renewable Energy II, University of Patras, Patras, Greece, (Greek), 2003.
- J. Coello, “Degradation of crystalline silicon modules: a case study on 785 samples after two years under operationn,” in Proceedings of the 26th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (PVSEC '11), pp. 3500–3503, Hamburg, Germany, September 2011.
- Rolls-Royce, “Hybrid shaft generator propulsion system upgrade,” http://www.rolls-royce.com/Images/hsg_brochure_tcm92-26884.pdf.
- MAN B&W, Shaft Generators for the MC and ME Engines, http://www.mandieselturbo.de/files/news/filesof5478/Shaft_generators.pdf.
- MAN B&W, Installation Aspects of MAN B&W Main and Auxiliary Engines, http://www.mandieselturbo.de/files/news/filesof1810/037.pdf.
- A. K. Adnanes, Electrical Installations and Diesel Electric Propulsion, ABB Technical Publication, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- X. Feng, T. Zourntos, K. L. Butler-Purry, and S. Mashayekh, “Dynamic load management for NG IPS ships,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PES '10), pp. 1–8, July 2010.
- M. Weiming, “Development of vessel integrated power system,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Electrical Machines and Systems (ICEMS '11), pp. 1–12, August 2011.
- “IP—ingress protection ratings,” http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ip-ingress-protection-d_452.html.
- “IP code,” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code.
- The German Energy Society (DGS LV), Planning & Installing Photovoltaic Systems, ch. 1: pp. 24–27, 42-43, ch. 2: pp. 70, 90–93, ch. 6: pp. 210-211, Earthscan, London, UK, 2nd edition, 2008.
- Midwest Clean Energy, http://midwestgreenenergy.com/howdoespvwork.html.
- A. Kyritsis, Optimum design of a high-frequency single-phase inverter for connecting low power PV panels to the utility grid [Ph.D. dissertation], University of Patras, Patras, Greece, (Greek), 2005.
- S. B. Kjaer, “State of the art analysis for the “SolcelleInverter” project,” http://22.214.171.124/rispubl/NEI/nei-dk-4508.pdf.
- I. Kobougias, A. Kyritsis, A. Nanakos, and E. Tatakis, “Present trends in photovoltaic systems for distributed generation,” in Proceedings of the TCG Symposium: Power Electronics, ElectroMotion Systems and Industrial Applications, pp. 5–6, Athens, Greece, (Greek), April 2006.
- A. C. Kyritsis, I. C. Kobougias, N. P. Papanikolaou, E. C. Tatakis, and P. C. Staurou, “Analysis of the operational characteristics of single-phase inverters for the direct connection of photovoltaic generators at the urban territories low level utility grid,” in Proceedings of the 8th National Conference for the Renewable Energy Resources, pp. 29–32, Thessaloniki, Greece, (Greek), March 2006.