- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2007 (2007), Article ID 63139, 4 pages
Transmission Properties of Metallic Grating with Subwavelength Slits in THz Frequency Region
1Center for THz waves, Ultrafast Laser Laboratory, College of Precision Instrument and Optoelectronics Engineering, and Key Laboratory of Opto-electronics Information and Technical Science (Ministry of Education), Tianjin University, Tianjin 300072, China
2School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, 74078, OK, USA
3Physics Department and International Laser Center, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow 119992, Russia
Received 11 September 2007; Accepted 10 October 2007
Academic Editor: Yalin Lu
Copyright © 2007 Dong Liang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. W. Ebbesen, H. J. Lezec, H. F. Ghaemi, T. Thio, and P. A. Wolff, “Extraordinary optical transmission through sub-wavelenght hole arrays,” Nature, vol. 391, no. 6668, pp. 667–669, 1998.
- W. L. Barnes, A. Dereux, and T. W. Ebbesen, “Surface plasmon subwavelength optics,” Nature, vol. 424, no. 6950, pp. 824–830, 2003.
- J. A. Porto, F. J. García-Vidal, and J. B. Pendry, “Transmission resonances on metallic gratings with very narrow slits,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 83, no. 14, pp. 2845–2848, 1999.
- Q.-J. Wang, J.-Q. Li, C.-P. Huang, C. Zhang, and Y.-Y. Zhu, “Enhanced optical transmission through metal films with rotation-symmetrical hole arrays,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- H. E. Went, A. P. Hibbins, J. R. Sambles, C. R. Lawrence, and A. P. Crick, “Selective transmission through very deep zero-order metallic gratings at microwave frequencies,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 18, pp. 2789–2791, 2000.
- D. Qu, D. Grischkowsky, and W. Zhang, “Terahertz transmission properties of thin, subwavelength metallic hole arrays,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 896–898, 2004.
- J. G. Rivas, C. Schotsch, P. H. Bolivar, and H. Kurz, “Enhanced transmission of THz radiation through subwavelength holes,” Physical Review B, vol. 68, no. 20, Article ID 201306, 4 pages, 2003.
- C. Janke, J. Gómez Rivas, C. Schotsch, L. Beckmann, P. Haring Bolivar, and H. Kurz, “Optimization of enhanced terahertz transmission through arrays of subwavelength apertures,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 20, Article ID 205314, 5 pages, 2004.
- G. Torosyan, C. Rau, B. Pradarutti, and R. Beigang, “Generation and propagation of surface plasmons in periodic metallic structures,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 16, pp. 3372–3374, 2004.
- H. Cao and A. Nahata, “Influence of aperture shape on the transmission properties of a periodic array of subwavelength apertures,” Optics Express, vol. 12, no. 16, pp. 3664–3672, 2004.
- A. K. Azad, J. Dai, and W. Zhang, “Transmission properties of terahertz pulses through subwavelength double split-ring resonators,” Optics Letters, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 634–636, 2006.
- Q. Xing, S. Li, and Z. Tian, et al., “Enhanced zero-order transmission of terahertz radiation pulses through very deep metallic gratings with subwavelength slits,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 4, Article ID 041107, 3 pages, 2006.
- L. Lang, Q. Xing, S. Li, F. Mao, L. Chai, and Q. Wang, “Experimental study on terahertz radiation,” Chinese Optics Letters, vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 677–679, 2004.
- P. Sheng, R. S. Stepleman, and P. N. Sanda, “Exact eigenfunctions for square-wave gratings: application to diffraction and surface-plasmon calculations,” Physical Review B, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 2907–2916, 1982.
- F. J. García-Vidal and L. Martín-Moreno, “Transmission and focusing of light in one-dimensional periodically nanostructured metals,” Physical Review B, vol. 66, no. 15, Article ID 155412, 10 pages, 2002.
- W. Wood, “On a remarkable case of uneven distribution of light in a diffraction grating spectrum,” Philosophical Magazine, vol. 4, pp. 396–400, 1902.
- L. Rayleigh, “On the dynamical theory of gratings,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A, vol. A79, no. 532, pp. 399–416, 1907.