- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 134805, 8 pages
A New Fractal-Based Design of Stacked Integrated Transformers
Faculty of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Trg Dositeja Obradovića 6, 21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Received 1 December 2007; Accepted 29 February 2008
Academic Editor: Tibor Berceli
Copyright © 2008 Goran Stojanović et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. K. Koutsoyannopoulos and Y. Papananos, “Systematic analysis and modeling of integrated inductors and transformers in RF IC design,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 47, no. 8, 699 pages, 2000.
- Y.-S. Choi, J.-B. Yoon, B.-I. Kim, and E. Yoon, “A high-performance MEMS transformer for silicon RF ICs,” in Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS '02), p. 653, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, January 2002.
- J. Y. Park and J. U. Bu, “Packaging compatible microtransformers on a silicon substrate,” IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging, vol. 26, no. 2, 160 pages, 2003.
- J. Y. Park, Y. J. Chang, and J. U. Bu, “Monolithically integrated 3D micro-inductors and micro-transformers for RF applications,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Advanced Packaging Materials (ISAPM '02), p. 362, Stone Mountain, Ga, USA, March 2002.
- Y. J. Yoon, Y. Lu, R. C. Frye, and P. R. Smith, “Modeling of monolithic RF spiral transmission-line balun,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 49, no. 2, 393 pages, 2001.
- H. Y. D. Yang and J. A. Castaneda, “Design and analysis of on-chip symmetric parallel-plate coupled-line balun for silicon RF integrated circuits,” in Proceedings of IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC '03), p. 527, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, June 2003.
- A. M. Niknejad and R. G. Meyer, “Analysis, design, and optimization of spiral inductors and transformers for Si RF ICs,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no. 10, 1470 pages, 1998.
- A. H. Aly and B. Elsharawy, “Modeling and measurements of novel high k monolithic transformers,” in Proceedings of IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, vol. 2, p. 1247, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, June 2003.
- A. Zolfaghari, A. Chan, and B. Razavi, “Stacked inductors and transformers in CMOS technology,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 36, no. 4, 620 pages, 2001.
- K. T. Ng, B. Rejaei, and J. N. Burghartz, “Substrate effects in monolithic RF transformers on silicon,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50, no. 1, 377 pages, 2002.
- O. El Gharniti, E. Kerhervé, J.-B. Bégueret, and P. Jarry, “Modeling of integrated monolithic transformers for silicon RF IC,” in Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems (ICECS '04), p. 137, Tel Aviv, Israel, December 2004.
- J. Jaehning, D. R. Allee, E.-B. El-Sharawy, T. L. Alford, N. Yazdi, and D. J. Allstot, “Monolithic transformers in a five metal CMOS process,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS '02), vol. 2, p. 807, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, May 2002.
- J. R. Long, “Monolithic transformers for silicon RF IC design,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 35, no. 9, 1368 pages, 2000.
- M. Straayer, J. Cabanillas, and G. M. Rebeiz, “A low-noise transformer-based 1.7 GHz CMOS VCO,” in Proceedings of IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC '02), vol. 1, p. 286, San Francisco, Calif, USA, Fedbruary 2002.
- Microwave Office 2001, Applied Wave Research, Inc.
- H. O. Peitgen, H. Jürgens, and D. Saupe, Chaos and Fractals: New Frontiers of Science, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- P. Emp, S. Joan, and S. C. del Vallès, Fractal Miniaturization in RF and Microwave Networks, Fractus, Barcelona, Spain, 2001.
- Fractalcoms final report, Project no. IST-2001-33055, http://www.tsc.upc.es/fractalcoms/.