- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 391745, 6 pages
Passive Frequency Selective Surface Array as a Diffuser for Destroying Millimeter Wave Coherence
Laboratory for Micro- and Photonelectronics, Department of Electronics and Informatics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Elsene, Belgium
Received 30 November 2007; Accepted 15 May 2008
Academic Editor: Tibor Berceli
Copyright © 2008 Saiful Islam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Ocket, B. Nauwelaers, G. Koers, and J. Stiens, “Fast modeling and optimization of active millimeter wave imaging systems,” in Proceedings of the 36th European Microwave Conference (EuMC '06), pp. 1559–1562, Manchester, UK, September 2006.
- I. Jaeger, J. Stiens, G. Koers, G. Poesen, and R. Vounckx, “Hadamard speckle reduction for millimeter wave imaging,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1722–1725, 2006.
- J. I. Trisnadi, “Speckle contrast reduction in laser projection displays,” Proc. SPIE, vol. 4657, pp. 131–137, 2002.
- S. Islam, J. Stiens, G. Poesen, I. Jäger, and R. Vounckx, “Frequency selective surface as a filter for active millimeter wave imaging,” in Proceedings of the 12th Microcol Conference, pp. 137–140, Budapest, Hungary, May 2007.
- R. Dubrovka, J. Vazquez, C. Parini, and D. Moore, “Equivalent circuit method for analysis and synthesis of frequency selective surfaces,” IEE Proceedings: Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 153, no. 3, pp. 213–220, 2006.
- S. Biber, M. Bozzi, O. Gunther, L. Perregrini, and L.-P. Schmidt, “Design and testing of frequency-selective surfaces on silicon substrates for submillimeter-wave applications,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no. 9, pp. 2638–2645, 2006.
- S. Islam, J. Stiens, G. Poesen, I. Jaeger, G. Koers, and R. Vounckx, “Grounded frequency selective surfaces as W-band quasi-optical filters for active millimeter wave imaging,” in Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, vol. 3, pp. 2401–2404, Bangkok, Thailand, December 2007.
- D. M. Pozar and T. A. Metzler, “Analysis of a reflect array antenna using microstrip patches of variable size,” Electronics Letters, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 657–658, 1993.
- D. M. Pozar, S. D. Targonski, and H. D. Syrigos, “Design of millimeter wave micro-strip reflect-arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 287–296, 1997.
- J. A. Encinar, “Design of two-layer printed reflect arrays using patches of variable size,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 1403–1410, 2001.
- N. Misran, R. Cahill, and V. F. Fusco, “Design optimisation of ring elements for broadband reflectarray antennas,” IEE Proceedings: Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 440–444, 2003.
- J. I. Trisnadi, “Hadamard speckle contrast reduction,” Optics Letters, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 11–13, 2004.
- E. N. Grossman, A. Luukanen, and A. J. Miller, “Terahertz active direct detection imagers,” in Terahertz for Military and Security Applications II, vol. 5411 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 68–77, Orlando, Fla, USA, April 2004.