- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 284767, 7 pages
A K-Band RF-MEMS-Enabled Reconfigurable and Multifunctional Low-Noise Amplifier Hybrid Circuit
1Department of Subsystems Technology, Swedish Defence Research Agency (FOI), SE-58330 Linköping, Sweden
2Department of Engneering Sciences, Uppsala University, SE-75105 Uppsala, Sweden
3VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, FI-02044 VTT, Espoo, Finland
4OMMIC S.A.S., 94453 Limeil-Brèvannes Cedex, France
5Department of Antennas and EM-Modelling, IMST GmbH, D-47475 Kamp-Lintfort, Germany
Received 11 July 2011; Accepted 31 August 2011
Academic Editor: Jiun Wei Horng
Copyright © 2011 R. Malmqvist et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- TGS8250-SCC, Product Data Sheet, 2001, http://www.triquint.com.
- TGS2302, Product Data Sheet, 2008, http://www.triquint.com.
- RMSW221, Product Data Sheet, 2011, http://www.radantmems.com.
- M. Kim, J. B. Hacker, R. E. Mihailovich, and J. F. DeNatale, “A monolithic MEMS switched dual-path power amplifier,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 11, no. 7, pp. 285–286, 2001.
- J. B. Hacker, M. Kim, R. E. Mihailovich, and J. F. DeNatale, “Monolithic GaAs PHEMT MMICs integrated with RF MEMS switches,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium, pp. 229–232, October 2004.
- D. Qiao, R. Molfino, S. M. Lardizabal, B. Pillans, P. M. Asbeck, and G. Jerinic, “An intelligently controlled RF power amplifier with a reconfigurable MEMS-varactor tuner,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 1089–1095, 2005.
- M. Liu, M. Libois, M. Kuijk, A. Barel, J. Craninckx, and B. Come, “MEMS-enabled dual-band 1.8 & 5-6 GHz receiver RF front-end,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, pp. 547–550, January 2007.
- T. Mukherjee and G. K. Fedder, “RF-CMOS-MEMS based frequency-reconfigurable amplifiers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, pp. 81–84, September 2009.
- H. Okazaki, K. Kawai, A. Fukuda, T. Furuta, and S. Narahashi, “Reconfigurable amplifier towards enhanced selectivity of future multi-band mobile terminals,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Microwave Workshop Series on RF Front-ends for Software Defined and Cognitive Radio Solutions (IMWS' 10), pp. 15–18, February 2010.
- K. Joshin, Y. Kawano, X. Mi et al., “K-band CMOS-based power amplifier module with MEMS tunable bandpass filter,” in Proceedings of the 13th European Integrated Circuits Conference, pp. 440–443, September 2010.
- E. Evans, J. C. Rock, T. Hudson et al., “Iteration of a MEMS-based, Ka-band, 16-element sub-array,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1–13, March 2011.
- R. Liu, D. Schreurs, W. De Raedt, F. Vanaverbeke, and R. Mertens, “RF-MEMS based tri-band GaN power amplifier,” Electronics Letters, vol. 47, no. 13, pp. 762–763, 2011.
- TGS8250-SCC, Product Data Sheet, February, 2001, http://www.triquint.com.
- R. Malmqvist, C. Samuelsson, W. Simon, et al., “Reconfigurable wideband LNAs using ohmic contact and capacitive RF-MEMS switches,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, October 2011.