- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 148705, 10 pages
Comprehension of Postmetallization Annealed MOCVD- on Treated III-V Semiconductors
Department of Electronic Engineering, Chung Yuan Christian University, Chung Li City 32023, Taiwan
Received 9 October 2012; Accepted 14 November 2012
Academic Editor: Kuan-Wei Lee
Copyright © 2012 Ming-Kwei Lee and Chih-Feng Yen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. C. Lin, P. D. Ye, and G. D. Wilk, “Leakage current and breakdown electric-field studies on ultrathin atomic-layer-deposited Al2O3 on GaAs,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, Article ID 182904, 3 pages, 2005.
- M. K. Lee, C. F. Yen, and J. J. Huang, “Electrical characteristics of liquid-phase-deposited TiO2 films on GaAs substrate with (NH4)2 Sx treatment,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 153, no. 5, pp. F77–F80, 2006.
- C. C. Cheng, C. H. Chien, G. L. Luo et al., “Improved electrical properties of Gd2 O3 GaAs capacitor with modified wet-chemical clean and sulfidization procedures,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 155, no. 3, pp. G56–G60, 2008.
- H. C. Chin, M. Zhu, G. S. Samudra, and Y. C. Yeo, “N-xhannel GaAs MOSFET with TaNHfAlO gate stack formed using in situ vacuum anneal and silane passivation,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 155, no. 7, pp. H464–H468, 2008.
- G. He, L. D. Zhang, M. Liu, and Z. Q. Sun, “HfO2-GaAs metal-oxide-semiconductor capacitor using dimethylaluminumhydride-derived aluminum oxynitride interfacial passivation layer,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 97, Article ID 062908, 3 pages, 2010.
- R. Paily, A. DasGupta, N. DasGupta et al., “Pulsed laser deposition of TiO2 for MOS gate dielectric,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 187, no. 3-4, pp. 297–304, 2002.
- S. M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices, chapter 8, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1981.
- S. A. Campbell, D. C. Gilmer, X. C. Wang et al., “MOSFET transistors fabricated with high permitivity TiO2 dielectrics,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 104–109, 1997.
- R. S. . Sonawane, S. G. Hegde, and M. K. Dongare, “Preparation of titanium(IV) oxide thin film photocatalyst by sol-gel dip coating,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 77, pp. 744–750, 2003.
- P. Zeman and S. Takabayashi, “Effect of total and oxygen partial pressures on structure of photocatalytic TiO2 films sputtered on unheated substrate,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 153, no. 1, pp. 93–99, 2002.
- D. M. Shang and W. Y. Ching, “Electronic and optical properties of three phases of titanium dioxide: rutile, anatase, and brookite,” Physical Review B, vol. 51, pp. 13023–13032, 1995.
- D. C. Gilmer, X. C. Wang, M. T. Hsieh, H. S. Kim, W. L. Glasfelter, and J. Yan, “MOSFET transistors fabricated with high permitivity TiO2 dielectrics,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 44, pp. 104–109, 1997.
- R. Lyer, R. R. Chang, A. Dubey, and D. L. Lile, “The effect of phosphorous and sulfur treatment on the surface properties of InP,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, vol. 6, p. 1174, 1988.
- R. W. M. . Kwok, L. J. Huang, W. M. Lau et al., “X-ray absorption near edge structures of sulfur on gas-phase polysulfide treated InP surfaces and at SiNx/InP interfaces,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology A, vol. 12, p. 2701, 1994.
- E. H. Nicollian and J. R. Brews, MOS (Metal Oxide Semiconductor) Physics and Technology, chapter 15, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- E. K. Badih and J. B. Richard, Introduction to VLSI Silicon Device Physics, Technology and Characterization, Kluwer Academic, 1986.
- M. L . Reed and J. D. Plummer, “Chemistry of Si-SiO2 interface trap annealing,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 63, p. 5776, 1988.
- M. K. Lee, J. J. Huang, and Y. H. Hung, “Variation of electrical characteristics of metallorganic chemical vapor deposited TiO2 films by postmetallization annealing,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 152, no. 11, pp. F190–F193, 2005.
- L. M. Terman, “An investigation of surface states at a silicon/silicon oxide interface employing metal-oxide-silicon diodes,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 285–299, 1962.
- D. K. Schroder, Semiconductor Material and Device Characterization, chapter 5 and 6, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- E. H. Nicollian and J. R. Brews, MOS (Metal Oxide Semiconductor) Physics and Technology, chapter 8 and 9, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- C. T. Sah, A. B. Tole, and R. F. Pierret, “Error analysis of surface state density determination using the MOS capacitance method,” Solid State Electronics, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 689–709, 1969.
- Y. Tao, A. Yelon, E. Sacher, Z. H. Lu, and M. J. Graham, “S-passivated InP (100)-(1×1) surface prepared by a wet chemical process,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 60, p. 2669, 1992.
- H. P. Song, A. L. Yang, H. Y. Wei et al., “Determination of wurtzite InN/cubic In2O3 heterojunction band offset by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 94, Article ID 222114, 3 pages, 2009.
- T. K. Oh, C. H. Baek, and B. K. Kang, “Surface treatment for enhancing current gain of AlGaAs/GaAs heterojunction bipolar transistor,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 48, no. 9, pp. 1549–1553, 2004.
- M. Passlack, M. Hong, J. P. Mannaerts, J. R. Kwo, and L. W. Tu, “Recombination velocity at oxide-GaAs interfaces fabricated by in situ molecular beam epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 68, no. 25, pp. 3605–3607, 1996.
- M. Passlack, M. Hong, J. P. Mannaerts, R. L. Opila, and F. Ren, “Thermodynamic and photochemical stability of low interface state density Ga2O3-GaAs structures fabricated by in situ molecular beam epitaxy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 302–304, 1996.
- R. S. . Besser and C. R. Helms, “Comparison of surface properties of sodium sulfide and ammonium sulfide passivation of GaAs,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 65, p. 4306, 1989.
- Y. Ishikawa, T. Fujui, and H. Hasegawa, “Kink defects and Fermi level pinning on (2×4) reconstructed molecular beam epitaxially grown surfaces of GaAs and InP studied by ultrahigh-vacuum scanning tunneling microscopy and x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy,” Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, vol. 15, pp. 1163–1172, 1997.
- C. K. Jung, D. C. Lim, H. G. Jee et al., “Hydrogenated amorphous and crystalline SiC thin films grown by RF-PECVD and thermal MOCVD; comparative study of structural and optical properties,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 171, pp. 46–50, 2003.
- H. D. Fuchs, M. Stutzman, M. S. Brandt et al., “Porous silicon and siloxene: vibrational and structural properties,” Physical Review B, vol. 48, pp. 8172–8189, 1993.