- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 309789, 7 pages
The Application of Approximate Entropy Theory in Defects Detecting of IGBT Module
State Key Laboratory of Power Transmission Equipment & System Security and New Technology, University of Chongqing, Chongqing 400044, China
Received 5 June 2012; Accepted 30 July 2012
Academic Editor: Jiun-Wei Horng
Copyright © 2012 Shengqi Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Yang, A. Bryant, P. Mawby, D. Xiang, L. Ran, and P. Tavner, “An industry-based survey of reliability in power electronic converters,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 1441–1451, 2011.
- S. Bernet, “Recent developments of high power converters for industry and traction applications,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 1102–1117, 2000.
- Z. Chen, J. M. Guerrero, and F. Blaabjerg, “A review of the state of the art of power electronics for wind turbines,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1859–1875, 2009.
- S. Yang, D. Xiang, A. Bryant, P. Mawby, L. Ran, and P. Tavner, “Condition Monitoring for Device Reliability in Power Electronic Converters: A Review,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 25, pp. 2734–2752, 2011.
- A. Bryant, S. Y. Yang, P. Mawby et al., “Investigation into IGBT dV/dt during turn-off and its temperature dependence,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, pp. 3019–3031, 2011.
- D. Xiang, L. Ran, P. Tavner, A. Bryant, S. Yang, and P. Mawby, “Monitoring solder fatigue in a power module using case-above-ambient temperature rise,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 47, pp. 2578–2259, 2011.
- M. G. Pecht, Prognostics and Health Management of Electronics, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2008.
- N. Patil, D. Das, and M. Pecht, “A prognostic approach for non-punch through and field stop IGBTs,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 52, pp. 482–488, 2011.
- Y. Xiong, X. Cheng, Z. J. Shen, C. Mi, H. Wu, and V. K. Garg, “Prognostic and warning system for power-electronic modules in electric, hybrid electric, and fuel-cell vehicles,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 2268–2276, 2008.
- D. W. Xiang, L. Ran, P. Tavner, S. Y. Yang, A. Bryant, and P. Mawby, “Condition monitoring power module solder fatigue using inverter harmonic identification,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, pp. 235–247, 2012.
- M. Musallam, C. Buttay, M. Whitehead, and C. M. Johnson, “Real-time compact electronic thermal modelling for health monitoring,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE '07), September 2007.
- N. Patil, S. Menon, D. Das, and M. Pecht, “Anomaly detection of non punch through insulated gate bipolar transistors (IGBT) by robust covariance estimation techniques,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Reliability, Safety and Hazard: Risk-Based Technology and Physics-of-Failure Methods (ICRESH '10), pp. 68–72, December 2010.
- E. Sutrisno, Q. Fan, D. Das, and M. Pecht, “Anomaly Detection for Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) under power cycling using a K‐Nearest neighbor technique,” in Proceedings of the Prognostics and Health Management Solutions Conference (MFPT '12), Dayton, Ohio, USA, 2012.
- N. Patil, D. Das, C. Yin, H. Lub, C. Bailey, and M. Pecht, “A fusion approach to IGBT power module prognostics,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Thermal, Mechanical and Multi-Physics Simulation and Experiments in Microelectronics and Microsystems (EuroSimE '09), pp. 1–5, Delft, The Netherlands, April 2009.
- M. Musallam, C. M. Johnson, C. Yin, H. Lu, and C. Bailey, “In-service life consumption estimation in power modules,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE-PEMC '08), pp. 76–83, New York, NY, USA, September 2008.
- M. Ciappa, “Selected failure mechanisms of modern power modules,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 42, no. 4-5, pp. 653–667, 2002.
- B. Lu and S. K. Sharma, “A literature review of IGBT fault diagnostic and protection methods for power inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 1770–1777, 2009.
- A. Qun-Tao, S. Li-Zhi, Z. Ke, and S. Li, “Switching function model-based fast-diagnostic method of open-switch faults in inverters without sensors,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 119–126, 2011.
- D. Pan, X. Kai-gui, Z. Li, and R. Xianliang, “Open-switch fault diagnosis and system reconfiguration of doubly fed wind power converter used in a microgrid,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 816–821, 2011.
- S. M. Pincus, “Approximate entropy as a measure of system complexity,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 88, no. 6, pp. 2297–2301, 1991.
- W. W. Sheng and R. P. Colino, Power Electronic Modules: Design and Manufacture, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2005.
- N. Patil, J. Celaya, D. Das, K. Goebel, and M. Pecht, “Precursor parameter identification for insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) prognostics,” IEEE Transactions on Reliability, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 271–276, 2009.
- V. K. Khanna, The Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor: IGBT Theory and Design, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 2003.
- K. Xing, F. C. Lee, and D. Boroyevich, “Extraction of parasitics within wire-bond IGBT modules,” in Proceedings of the 13th Annual Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '98), pp. 497–503, Anaheim, Calif, USA, February 1998.
- N. Mohan, T. M. Undeland, and W. P. Robbins, Power Electronics: Converters, Applications, and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2003.
- A. R. Hefner and D. M. Diebolt, “Experimentally verified IGBT model implemented in the Saber circuit simulator,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 532–542, 1994.