- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 459043, 10 pages
GaN-Based High-k Praseodymium Oxide Gate MISFETs with + UV Interface Treatment Technology
Department of Electronics Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Received 1 July 2012; Revised 28 September 2012; Accepted 26 October 2012
Academic Editor: Pei-Wen Li
Copyright © 2012 Chao-Wei Lin and Hsien-Chin Chiu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. P. Chow and R. Tyagi, “Wide bandgap compound semiconductors for superior high-voltage unipolar power devices,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 1481–1483, 1994.
- S. J. Pearton, J. C. Zolper, R. J. Shul, and F. Ren, “GaN: processing, defects, and devices,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 1–78, 1999.
- M. F. Romero, A. Jiménez, J. Miguel-Sánchez et al., “Effects of N2 plasma pretreatment on the SiN passivation of AlGaN/GaN HEMT,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 209–211, 2008.
- C. Rongming, S. Likun, N. Fichtenbaum et al., “Correlation between DC-RF dispersion and gate leakage in deeply recessed GaN/AlGaN/GaN HEMTs,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 303–305, 2008.
- M. A. Khan, X. Hu, A. Tarakji, G. Simin, and J. Yang, “AlGaN/GaN metal-oxide-semiconductor heterostructure field-effect transistors on SiC substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 77, no. 9, pp. 1339–1341, 2000.
- X. Hu, A. Koudymov, G. Simin et al., “Si3N4/AlGaN/GaN-metal-insulator-semiconductor heterostructure field-effect transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 79, no. 17, pp. 2832–2834, 2001.
- C. T. Lee, H. W. Chen, and H. Y. Lee, “Metal-oxide-semiconductor devices using Ga2O3 dielectrics on n-type GaN,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 24, pp. 4304–4306, 2003.
- P. D. Ye, B. Yang, K. K. Ng et al., “GaN metal-oxide-semiconductor high-electron-mobility-transistor with atomic layer deposited Al2O3 as gate dielectric,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 86, no. 6, Article ID 063501, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- R. Mehandru, B. Luo, J. Kim et al., “AlGaN/GaN metal-oxide-semiconductor high electron mobility transistors using Sc2O3 as the gate oxide and surface passivation,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 82, no. 15, pp. 2530–2532, 2003.
- H. C. Chiu, C. S. Cheng, and Y. J. Shih, “High uniformity (Al0.3Ga0.7)0.5In 0.5P/InGaAs enhancement-mode pseudomorphic HEMTs by selective succinic acid gate recess,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. G59–G61, 2006.
- L. B. Chang, C. H. Chang, M. J. Jeng, H. C. Chiu, and H. F. Kuo, “Barrier height enhancement of N/GaN schottky diodes prepared by treatments,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. H79–H81, 2007.
- M. J. Jeng, H. T. Wang, L. B. Chang, and R. M. Lin, “Surface passivation using and hydrogen fluoride solutions on Ag/n-InAs and Ag/n-InSb Schottky diodes,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 562–564, 2001.
- S. L. Chang and J. F. Kauffman, “Excitation power dependence of photoluminescence enhancement from passivated GaAs,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 66, no. 25, pp. 3504–3506, 1995.
- H. C. Chiu, Y. C. Huang, C. W. Chen, and L. B. Chang, “Electrical characteristics of passivated Pseudomorphic HEMTs with pretreatment,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 721–726, 2008.
- X. Y. Hou, W. Z. Cai, Z. Q. He et al., “Electrochemical sulfur passivation of GaAs,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 60, no. 18, pp. 2252–2254, 1992.
- Y. Cai, Y. Zhou, K. J. Chen, and K. M. Lau, “High-performance enhancement-mode AlGaN/GaN HEMTs using fluoride-based plasma treatment,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 435–437, 2005.
- Y. J. Chan and D. Pavlidis, “Trap studies in GaInP/GaAs and AlGaAs/GaAs HEMT's by means of low-frequency noise and transconductance dispersion characterizations,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 637–642, 1994.
- C. W. Lin, H. C. Chiu, C. K. Lin, and J. S. Fu, “High-k praseodymium oxide passivated AlGaN/GaN MOSFETs using + UV interface treatment,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 381–385, 2011.