- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 652478, 12 pages
A Unified Channel Charges Expression for Analytic MOSFET Modeling
Normandie Université, Ensicaen, UMR 6508, LaMIPS, Laboratoire Commun CNRS-NXP-PRESTO-ENSICAEN UCBN, 6 boulevard Maréchal Juin, 14050 CAEN Cedex 4, France
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 9 November 2012
Academic Editor: Gerard Ghibaudo
Copyright © 2012 Hugues Murray and Patrick Martin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Watts, C. M. Andrew, C. Enz, et al., “Advanced compact models for MOSFETs,” in Proceedings of the Workshop on Compact Modeling at Nanotech, pp. 3–12, Anaheim, Calif, USA, May 2005.
- R. Van Langevelde and F. M. Klaassen, “Explicit surface-potential-based MOSFET model for circuit simulation,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 409–418, 2000.
- J. He, M. Chan, X. Zhang, and Y. Wang, “A physics-based analytic solution to the MOSFET surface potential from accumulation to strong-inversion region,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 2008–2016, 2006.
- W. Z. Shangguan, M. Saeys, and X. Zhou, “Surface-potential solutions to the Pao-Sah voltage equation,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 50, no. 7-8, pp. 1320–1329, 2006.
- G. Gildenblat, Z. Zhu, and C. C. McAndrew, “Surface potential equation for bulk MOSFET,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 11–13, 2009.
- H. Murray, P. Martin, and S. Bardy, “Taylor expansion of surface poten- tial in MOSFET: application to Pao-Sah integral,” Active and Passive Electronics Components, vol. 2010, Article ID 268431, 11 pages, 2010.
- H. Oguey and S. Cserveny, “Modèle du transistor MOS valable dans un grand domaine de courants,” Bulletin SEV/VSE, vol. 73, pp. 113–116, 1982.
- C. C. Enz, F. Krummenacher, and E. A. Vittoz, “An analytical MOS transistor model valid in all regions of operation and dedicated to low-voltage and low-current applications,” Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 83–114, 1995.
- B. Iniguez, L. F. Ferreira, B. Gentinne, and D. Flandre, “A physically-based C∞-continuous fully-depleted SOI MOSFET model for analog applications,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 568–574, 1996.
- Y. Cheng, K. Chen, K. Imai, and C. Hu, “A unified mosfet channel charge model for device modeling in circuit simulation,” IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 641–644, 1998.
- C. K. Kim and E. S. Yang, ““On the validity of the gradual-channel approximation for field-effect transistors,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 841–842, 1970.
- G. Goudet and C. Meuleau, Semiconductors: Their Theory and Practice, Macdonald & Evans, London, UK, 1957, English version by G. King.
- E. H. Nicollian and J. R. Brews, MOS Physics and Technology, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2002.
- T. L. Chen and G. Gildenblat, “Analytical approximation for the MOSFET surface potential,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 335–339, 2001.
- G. Baccarani, M. Rudan, and G. Spadini, ““Analytical i.g.f.e.t.model including drift and diffusion currents,” IEE Journal on Solid-State and Electron Devices, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 62–68, 1978.
- J. M. Sallese, M. Bucher, F. Krummenacher, and P. Fazan, “Inversion charge linearization in MOSFET modeling and rigorous derivation of the EKV compact model,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 677–683, 2003.
- T. H. Morshed, et al., “BSIM 4.6.4 MOSFET user manual,” University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 2009, http://www-device.eecs.berkeley.edu/bsim/Files/BSIM4/BSIM464/BSIM464_Manual.pdf.
- K. Y. Lim and X. Zhou, “Physically-based semi-empirical effective mobility model for MOSFET compact I-V modeling,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 193–197, 2001.
- J. B. Roldan, F. Gamiz, J. A. Lopez-Villanueva, J. E. Carceller, and P. Cartujo, “The dependence of the electron mobility on the longit- udinal electric field in MOSFETs,” Semiconductor Science and Technology, vol. 12, pp. 321–330, 1997.
- G. Gildenblat, X. Li, W. Wu et al., “PSP: an advanced surface-potential-based MOSFET model for circuit simulation,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1979–1993, 2006.
- N. Arora, Mosfet Modeling for VLSI Simulation: Theory and Practice, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2007.
- J. J. Liou, A. Ortiz-Conde, and F. Garcia-Sanchez, Analysis and Design of MOSFETs—Modeling, Simulation, and Parameter Extraction, Kluwer Academic, Norwell, Mass, USA, 1998.
- S. C. Tam, F.-C. Hsu, P.-K. Ko, T.-Y. Chan, and K. W. Terrill, “Hot-electron induced MOSFET degradation—model, monitor, improvement,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 32, pp. 375–385, 1985.
- H. Murray, “Analytic resolution of Poisson-Boltzmann equation in nanometric semiconductor junctions,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 107–116, 2009.
- C. C. Enz and E. A. Vittoz, Charge Based MOS Transistor Modeling, John Wiley & Sons, London, UK, 2006.
- Y. Cheng and C. Hu, MOSFET Modeling & BSIM3 USer's Guide, Kluwer Academic, New York, NY, USA, 2002.