- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 796973, 15 pages
Characterization and Modeling of DHBT in InP/GaAsSb Technology for the Design and Fabrication of a Ka Band MMIC Oscillator
1XLIM-High Frequency Components, Circuits, Signals and System Department (C2S2), Université de Limoges, 7 rue Jules Vallés, 19100 Brive, France
2III–V Lab, Joint Lab between Bell Labs, TRT and CEA/Leti, Route de Nozay, 91460 Marcoussis, France
Received 13 September 2011; Accepted 18 November 2011
Academic Editor: Christoph Sandner
Copyright © 2012 S. Laurent et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Godin, V. Nodjiadjim, M. Riet et al., “V-band amplifier MMICs using multi-finger InP/GaAsSb DHBT technology,” in Proceedings of the Compound Semiconductor Integrated Circuit Symposium, pp. 1–4, October 2009.
- M. Riet, V. Nodjiadjim, A. Scavennec et al., “InP/GaAsSb/InP multifinger DHBTs for power applications,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Indium Phosphide and Related Materials, pp. 1–3, May 2008.
- H. Gummel and H. Poon, “A compact bipolar transistor mode,” in Proceedings of the Solide-State Circuits Conference Digest of Technical Papers, vol. 13, pp. 78–79, 1970.
- O. Jardel, R. Quere, S. Heckmann, et al., “An electrothermal model for GaInP/GaAs power HBTs with enhanced convergence capabilities,” in Proceedings of the European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, pp. 296–299, Manchester, UK, September 2006.
- T. Peyretaillade, M. Perez, S. Mons, et al., “A pulsed measurementbased electrothermal model of HBT with thermal stability prediction capabilitie,” in Proceedings of the Microwave Symposium Digest, vol. 3, pp. 1515–1518, Denver, Colo, USA, June 1997.
- S. Heckmann, R. Sommet, J.-M. Nebus, et al., “Characterization and modeling of bias dependent breakdown and selfheating in GaInP/GaAs power HBT to improve high power amplifier design,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2811–2819, 2002.
- S. Laurent, G. Callet, J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, V. Nodjiadjim, and M. Riet, “Nonlinear model of inp/gaassb/inp dhbt process for design of a q-band mmic oscillator,” in Proceedings of the European Microwave Integarted Circuits, pp. 270–273, September 2010.
- R. H Winckler, “Thermal properties of high power transistors,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 14, pp. 260–263, 1967.
- A. Liboa De Souza, J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, et al., “A methodology to characterize the low-frequency noise of InP based transistors,” in Proceedings of the Microwave Integrated Circuit Conference (EuMIC '08), pp. 123–126, October 2008.
- A. L. De Souza, J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, and J. Obregon, “On the cyclostationary properties of the 1/f noise of microwave semiconductor devices,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1569–1572, June 2008.
- J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, M. Camiade, A. Sion, C. Gourdon, and J. J. Obregon, “An advanced low-frequency noise model of GaInP-GaAs HBT for accurate prediction of phase noise in oscillators,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1601–1611, 2005.
- I. Getreu, Modeling The Bipolar Transistor, Tektronix, 1976.
- A. Lisboa de Souza, J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, et al., “Low-frequency noise measurements of bipolar devices under high DC current density: whether transimpedance or voltage amplifiers,” in Proceedings of the European Microwave Integrated Circuits Conference, pp. 114–117, September 2006.
- J.-C. Nallatamby, M. Prigent, and J. Obregon, “From large signal transistor noise sources modelling to the design of low phase noise oscillator circuits,” in Proceedings of the 28th European Microwave Conference Workshop on Non-linear Device Models and Low Phase-Noise Oscillator Design, 2006.
- C. Gourdon, J.-C. Nallatamby, D. Baglieri, M. Prigent, M. Camiade, and J. Obregon, “Accurate design of HBT VCOs with flicker noise up-conversion minimization, using an advanced low-frequency cyclostationary noise model,” in Proceedings of the IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, pp. 1519–1522, 2005.
- C. Rheinfelder, F. Beisswanger, J. Gerdes et al., “A coplanar 38-GHz SiGe MMIC oscillator,” IEEE Microwave and Guided Wave Letters, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 398–400, 1996.
- M. Heins, D. Barlage, M. T. Fresina et al., “Low phase noise Ka-band VCOs using InGaP/GaAs HBTs and coplanar waveguide,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits Symposium (RFIC '97), pp. 215–218, June 1997.
- K. Hosoya, S. Tanaka, Y. Amamiya, T. Niwa, H. Shimawaki, and K. Honjo, “RF HBT oscillators with low-phase noise and high-power performance utilizing open-stubs resonator,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 53, no. 8, pp. 1670–1682, 2006.
- A. Kurdoghlian, M. Mokhtari, C. H. Fields et al., “40 GHz fully integrated and differential monolithic VCO with wide tuning range in AIInAs/InGaAs HBT,” in Proceedings of the IEEE GaAs Digest, pp. 129–132, October 2001.
- K. Tanji, T. Kaneko, Y. Amamiya, et al., “A 38GHz low-phase noise monolithic VCO For FM MOD using an AlGaAs/InGaAs HBT with p+/p regrown base contacts,” in Proceedings of the 28th European Microwave Conference, pp. 47–51, 1998.
- H. Wang, K. W. Chang, L. Tran et al., “Low phase noise millimeter-wave frequency sources using InP-based HBT MMIC technology,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1419–1424, 1996.
- M. Odyniec, RF and Microwave Oscillator Design, ARTECH HOUSE, 2002, Edited by A. House.
- T. Ohira, “Rigorous Q-factor formulation for one- and two-port passive linear networks from an oscillator noise spectrum viewpoint,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, vol. 52, no. 12, pp. 846–850, 2005.