- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 901076, 5 pages
Effects of Annealing Time on the Performance of OTFT on Glass with ZrO2 as Gate Dielectric
1Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Toronto, 184 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5S 3E4, Canada
2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 10 King's College Road, Toronto, ON, M5S 3G4, Canada
3Department of Physics, Yunnan University, 2 Cuihu Beilu, Yunnan, Kumming 650091, China
Received 15 July 2011; Accepted 6 October 2011
Academic Editor: Hsiao W. Zan
Copyright © 2012 W. M. Tang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Mach, S. J. Rodriguez, R. Nortrup, P. Wiltzius, and J. A. Rogers, “Monolithically integrated, flexible display of polymer-dispersed liquid crystal driven by rubber-stamped organic thin-film transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 78, no. 23, pp. 3592–3594, 2001.
- M. Halik, H. Klauk, U. Zschieschang et al., “Low-voltage organic transistors with an amorphous molecular gate dielectric,” Nature, vol. 431, no. 7011, pp. 963–966, 2004.
- T. Someya and T. Sakurai, “Integration of organic field-effect transistors and rubbery pressure sensors for artificial skin applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting, pp. 203–206, December 2003.
- A. Tsumura, H. Koezuka, and T. Ando, “Macromolecular electronic device: field-effect transistor with a polythiophene thin film,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 49, no. 18, pp. 1210–1212, 1986.
- J. Tardy, M. Erouel, A. L. Deman et al., “Organic thin film transistors with HfO2 high-k gate dielectric grown by anodic oxidation or deposited by sol-gel,” Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 47, no. 2-3, pp. 372–377, 2007.
- J. B. Koo, J. W. Lim, S. H. Kim et al., “Pentacene thin-film transistors and inverters with plasma-enhanced atomic-layer-deposited Al2O3 gate dielectric,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 515, no. 5, pp. 3132–3137, 2007.
- G. Wang, D. Moses, A. J. Heeger, H. M. Zhang, M. Narasimhan, and R. E. Demaray, “Poly(3-hexylthiophene) field-effect transistors with high dielectric constant gate insulator,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 316–322, 2004.
- C. Bartic, H. Jansen, A. Campitelli, and S. Borghs, “Ta2O5 as gate dielectric material for low-voltage organic thin-film transistors,” Organic Electronics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 65–72, 2002.
- N. Hiroshiba, R. Kumashiro, K. Tanigaki et al., “Rubrene single crystal field-effect transistor with epitaxial BaTiO3 high- k gate insulator,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 15, Article ID 152110, 2006.
- R. K. Nahar, V. Singh, and A. Sharma, “Study of electrical and microstructure properties of high dielectric hafnium oxide thin film for MOS devices,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 615–619, 2007.
- B. H. Lee, S. C. Song, R. Choi, and P. Kirsch, “Metal electrode/high-κ dielectric gate-stack technology for power management,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 8–20, 2008.
- C. C. Fulton, T. E. Cook, G. Lucovsky, and R. J. Nemanich, “Interface instabilities and electronic properties of ZrO2 on silicon (100),” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 2665–2673, 2004.
- W. J. Qi, R. Nieh, B. H. Lee et al., “MOSCAP and MOSFET characteristics using ZrO2 gate dielectric deposited directly on Si,” in Proceedings of the 1999 IEEE International Devices Meeting (IEDM), pp. 145–148, December 1999.
- W. J. Qi, R. Nieh, B. H. Lee et al., “Performance of MOSFETs with ultra thin ZrO2 and Zr silicate gate dielectrics,” in Proceedings of the 2000 Symposium on VLSI Technology, pp. 40–41, June 2000.
- H. E. Katz, L. Torsi, and A. Dodabalapur, “Synthesis, material properties, and transistor performance of highly pure thiophene oligomers,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2235–2237, 1995.
- H. E. Katz, A. Dodabalapur, L. Torsi, and D. Elder, “Precursor synthesis, coupling, and TFT evaluation of end-substituted thiophene hexamers,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 2238–2240, 1995.
- R. Jiang, E. Q. Xie, and Z. F. Wang, “Effect of inner oxygen on the interfacial layer formation for HfO2 gate dielectric,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 17, pp. 7343–7347, 2007.
- L. Pereira, P. Barquinha, E. Fortunato, and R. Martins, “Low temperature processed hafnium oxide: structural and electrical properties,” Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1125–1132, 2006.
- D. Knipp, R. A. Street, A. Völkel, and J. Ho, “Pentacene thin film transistors on inorganic dielectrics: morphology, structural properties, and electronic transport,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 1, pp. 347–355, 2003.
- S. Steudel, S. De Vusser, S. De Jonge et al., “Influence of the dielectric roughness on the performance of pentacene transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 19, pp. 4400–4402, 2004.
- M. C. Kwan, K. H. Cheng, P. T. Lai, and C. M. Che, “Improved carrier mobility for pentacene TFT by NH3 annealing of gate dielectric,” Solid-State Electronics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 77–80, 2007.
- K. H. Cheng, W. M. Tang, L. F. Deng, C. H. Leung, P. T. Lai, and C. M. Che, “Correlation between carrier mobility of pentacene thin-film transistor and surface passivation of its gate dielectric,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 104, no. 11, Article ID 116107, 2008.