- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 921738, 7 pages
Pentacene-Based Thin Film Transistor with Inkjet-Printed Nanocomposite High-K Dielectrics
Department of Electrical Engineering, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 70101, Taiwan
Received 15 August 2011; Accepted 11 November 2011
Academic Editor: Hsiao W. Zan
Copyright © 2012 Chao-Te Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Horowitz, M. Mottaghi, P. Lang et al., “On the crucial role of the insulator-semiconductor interface in organic thin-film transistors,” in 5th Organic Field-Effect Transistors V, vol. 6336, article 63360G of Proceedings of SPIE, San Diego, Calif, USA, August 2006.
- W. H. Lee, C. C. Wang, and J. C. Ho, “Influence of nano-composite gate dielectrics on OTFT characteristics,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 17, pp. 5305–5310, 2009.
- W.-H. Lee, C.-C. Wang, W.-T. Chen, and J.-C. Ho, “Characteristic of organic thin film transistor with a high-k insulator of nano-TiO2 and polyimide blend,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 8955–8960, 2008.
- F. C. Chen, C. S. Chuang, Y. S. Lin, L. J. Kung, T. H. Chen, and H. P. D. Shieh, “Low-voltage organic thin-film transistors with polymeric nanocomposite dielectrics,” Organic Electronics, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 435–439, 2006.
- F. C. Chen, C. W. Chu, J. He, Y. Yang, and J. L. Lin, “Organic thin-film transistors with nanocomposite dielectric gate insulator,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 15, pp. 3295–3297, 2004.
- C. Jung, A. Maliakal, A. Sidorenko, and T. Siegrist, “Pentacene-based thin film transistors with titanium oxide-polystyrene/ polystyrene insulator blends: high mobility on high K dielectric films,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 90, no. 6, Article ID 062111, 2007.
- P. Kim, X.-H. Zhang, B. Domercq et al., “Solution-processible high-permittivity nanocomposite gate insulators for organic field-effect transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 1, Article ID 013302, 2008.
- A. K. Sen and J. Darabi, “Droplet ejection performance of a monolithic thermal inkjet print head,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, vol. 17, no. 8, article 002, pp. 1420–1427, 2007.
- J. H. Werth, M. Linsenbühler, S. M. Dammer et al., “Agglomeration of charged nanopowders in suspensions,” Powder Technology, vol. 133, no. 1–3, pp. 106–112, 2003.
- A. Rockett, The Materials Science of Semiconductors, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- H. Watanabe, S. Ando, H. Aota, M. Dainin, Y. J. Chun, and K. Taniguchi, “CMOS voltage reference based on gate work function differences in poly-Si controlled by conductivity type and impurity concentration,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 987–994, 2003.
- G. Horowitz, “Organic field-effect transistors,” Advanced Materials, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 365–377, 1998.
- C. S. Chuang, F. C. Chen, and H. P. D. Shieh, “Organic thin-film transistors with reduced photosensitivity,” Organic Electronics, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 767–772, 2007.
- I. Yagi, K. Tsukagoshi, and Y. Aoyagi, “Growth control of pentacene films on SiO2/Si substrates towards formation of flat conduction layers,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 467, no. 1-2, pp. 168–171, 2004.
- L. Torsi, A. Dodabalapur, L. J. Rothberg, A. W. P. Fung, and H. E. Katz, “Intrinsic transport properties and performance limits of organic field-effect transistors,” Science, vol. 272, no. 5267, pp. 1462–1464, 1996.
- T. W. Kelley, D. V. Muyres, F. P. Baude, T. P. Smith, and T. D. Jones, “High performance organic. Thin film transistors,” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 771, pp. L6.5.1–L6.5.10, 2003.
- M. Shtein, J. Mapel, J. B. Benziger, and S. R. Forrest, “Effects of film morphology and gate dielectric surface preparation on the electrical characteristics of organic-vapor-phase-deposited pentacene thin-film transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 2, p. 268, 2002.
- A. S. Davydov, Theory of Molecular Excitons, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1971.
- W. Y. Chou and H. L. Cheng, “An orientation-controlled pentacene film aligned by photoaligned polyimide for organic thin-film transistor applications,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 811–815, 2004.
- H. L. Cheng, W. Y. Chou, C. W. Kuo et al., “Influence of electric field on microstructures of pentacene thin films in field-effect transistors,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 285–293, 2008.
- H. L. Cheng, W. Y. Chou, C. W. Kuo, F. C. Tang, and Y. W. Wang, “Electric field-induced structural changes in pentacene-based organic thin-film transistors studied by in situ micro-Raman spectroscopy,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 16, Article ID 161918, 2006.
- H. L. Cheng, X. W. Liang, W. Y. Chou et al., “Raman spectroscopy applied to reveal polycrystalline grain structures and carrier transport properties of organic semiconductor films: application to pentacene-based organic transistors,” Organic Electronics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 289–298, 2009.