- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Active and Passive Electronic Components
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 525017, 7 pages
Logic Gates and Ring Oscillators Based on Ambipolar Nanocrystalline-Silicon TFTs
1Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75080, USA
2Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX 75080, USA
3School of Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332, USA
Received 2 August 2012; Revised 12 March 2013; Accepted 4 April 2013
Academic Editor: Olga Korostynsk
Copyright © 2013 Anand Subramaniam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. D. Cantley, A. Subramaniam, H. Stiegler, R. Chapman, and E. Vogel, “Hebbian learning in spiking neural networks with nano-crystalline silicon TFTs and memristive synapses,” IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnol, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 1066–1073, 2011.
- C. Koch, “Neuromorphic vision chips,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 38–46, 1996.
- A. J. Snell, K. D. Mackenzie, W. E. Spear, P. G. LeComber, and A. J. Hughes, “Application of amorphous silicon field effect transistors in addressable liquid crystal display panels,” Applied Physics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 357–362, 1981.
- T. Tsukuda, Technology and Applications of Amorphous Silicon, Springer Series in Material Science, vol. 37, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- D. Knipp, R. A. Street, H. Stiebig et al., “Vertically integrated amorphous silicon color sensor arrays,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 53, no. 7, pp. 1551–1558, 2006.
- I. C. Y. Kwong, H. J. Lee, and A. Sazonov, “Nanocrystalline silicon diodes for rectifiers on RFID tags,” MRS Proceedings, vol. 1066, 2008.
- C. Min, Z. Weijia, W. Tianmin, J. Fei, L. Guohua, and D. Kun, “Nanocrystalline silicon films with high conductivity and the application for PIN solar cells,” Vacuum, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 126–128, 2006.
- A. Subramaniam, K. D. Cantley, R. A. Chapman, B. Chakrabarty, and E. M. Vogel, “Ambipolar non-crystalline-silicon TFTs with submicron dimensions and reduced threshold voltage shift,” in Proceeding of the 69th Annual Device Research Conference (DRC '11), June 2011.
- A. Subramaniam, K. D. Cantley, H. J. Stiegler, R. A. Chapman, and E. M. Vogel, “Submicron ambipolar nanocrystalline silicon thin-film transistors and inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 359–366, 2012.
- K. K. Likharev, “Neuromorphic CMOL circuits,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE Conference on Nanotechnology Conference Digest (IEEE Nano '03), vol. 2, pp. 339–342, August 2003.
- Y. Nara, Y. Kudou, and M. Matsumura, “Application of amorphous-silicon field-effect transistors in three-dimensional integrated circuits,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. L370–L372, 1983.
- B. Stannowski, R. E. I. Schropp, R. B. Wehrspohn, and M. J. Powell, “Amorphous-silicon thin-film transistors deposited by VHF-PECVD and hot-wire CVD,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 299–302, no. 2, pp. 1340–1344, 2002.
- M. J. Powell, C. Van Berkel, I. D. French, and D. H. Nicholls, “Bias dependence of instability mechanisms in amorphous silicon thin-film transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 51, no. 16, pp. 1242–1244, 1987.
- A. R. Hepburn, J. M. Marshall, C. Main, M. J. Powell, and C. Van Berkel, “Metastable defects in amorphous-silicon thin-film transistors,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 56, no. 20, pp. 2215–2218, 1986.
- C. H. Lee, A. Sazonov, and A. Nathan, “High hole and electron mobilities in nanocrystalline silicon thin-film transistors,” Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, vol. 352, no. 9-20, pp. 1732–1736, 2006.
- A. Subramaniam, K. D. Cantley, R. A. Chapman, H. J. Stiegler, and E. M. Vogel, “Submicron ambipolar nanocrystalline-silicon TFTs with high-κ gate dielectrics,” in Proceedings of the International Semiconductor Device Research Symposium (ISDRS '11), December 2011.
- K. D. Cantley, A. Subramaniam, H. J. Stiegler, R. A. Chapman, and E. M. Vogel, “SPICE simulation of nanoscale non-crystalline silicon TFTs in spiking neuron circuits,” in Proceedings of the 53rd IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS '10), pp. 1202–1205, August 2010.
- H. Gleskova, S. Wagner, V. Gašparík, and P. Kováč, “150°C amorphous silicon thin-film transistor technology for polyimide substrates,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, vol. 148, no. 7, pp. G370–G374, 2001.
- E. Y. Ma and S. Wagner, “Amorphous silicon transistors on ultrathin steel foil substrates,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 74, no. 18, pp. 2661–2662, 1999.
- C. G. Lee, T. Joshi, K. Divakar, and A. Dodabalapur, “Circuit applications based on solution-processed zinc-oxide TFTs,” in Proceedings of the 69th Device Research Conference, Conference Digest (DRC '11), June 2011.
- J. Sun, D. A. Mourey, D. Zhao et al., “ZnO thin-film transistor ring oscillators with 31-ns propagation delay,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 721–723, 2008.
- K. H. Kim, Y. H. Kim, H. J. Kim, J. I. Han, and S. K. Park, “Fast and stable solution-processed transparent oxide thin-film transistor circuits,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 524–526, 2011.
- T. D. Anthopoulos, D. M. De Leeuw, E. Cantatore et al., “Organic complementary-like inverters employing methanofullerene-based ambipolar field-effect transistors,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 18, pp. 4205–4207, 2004.
- B. Crone, A. Dodabalapur, Y. Y. Lin et al., “Large-scale complementary integrated circuits based on organic transistors,” Nature, vol. 403, no. 6769, pp. 521–523, 2000.
- H. Klauk, M. Halik, U. Zschieschang et al., “Flexible organic complementary circuits,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 618–622, 2005.
- E. J. Meijer, D. M. De Leeuw, S. Setayesh et al., “Solution-processed ambipolar organic field-effect transistors and inverters,” Nature Materials, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. 678–682, 2003.
- D. Zhao, D. A. Mourey, and T. N. Jackson, “Fast flexible plastic substrate ZnO circuits,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 323–325, 2010.
- K. Hiranaka, T. Yamaguchi, and S. Yanagisawa, “Self-alignment processed amorphous silicon ring oscillators,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 224–225, 1984.
- D. R. Allee, L. T. Clark, B. D. Vogt et al., “Circuit-level impact of a-Si: H thin-film-transistor degradation effects,” IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 1166–1176, 2009.