- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 149737, 4 pages
The Need for Continued Development of Ricin Countermeasures
1Division of Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research Management Inc., Team Ke’aki Tech, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5011, USA
2Division of Toxinology, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5011, USA
Received 1 August 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Phillip R. Pittman
Copyright © 2012 Ronald B. Reisler and Leonard A. Smith. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joanne M. O'Hara, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Neutralizing monoclonal antibodies against ricin's enzymatic subunit interfere with protein disulfide isomerase-mediated reduction of ricin holotoxin in vitro,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 395, no. 1-2, pp. 71–78, 2013.
- Erin E. Endom, “Bioterrorism and the pediatric patient: An update,” Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 102–117, 2013.
- Joanne M. O'Hara, Robert N. Brey, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Comparative Efficacy of Two Leading Candidate Ricin Toxin A Subunit Vaccines in Mice,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 789–794, 2013.
- Laszlo Janosi, Jaimee R. Compton, Patricia M. Legler, Keith E. Steele, Jon M. Davis, Gary R. Matyas, and Charles B. Millard, “Disruption of the Putative Vascular Leak Peptide Sequence in the Stabilized Ricin Vaccine Candidate RTA1-33/44-198,” Toxins, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 224–248, 2013.
- David J. Vance, Jacqueline M. Tremblay, Nicholas J. Mantis, and Charles B. Shoemaker, “Stepwise Engineering of Heterodimeric Single Domain Camelid VHH Antibodies That Passively Protect Mice from Ricin Toxin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 51, pp. 36538–36547, 2013.
- Alex Skvortsov, and Peter Gray, “A Simple Model for Assessment of Anti-Toxin Antibodies,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Michael J. Rudolph, David J. Vance, Jonah Cheung, Matthew C. Franklin, Fiana Burshteyn, Michael S. Cassidy, Ebony N. Gary, Cristina Herrera, Charles B. Shoemaker, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Crystal Structures of Ricin Toxin’s Enzymatic Subunit (RTA) in Complex with Neutralizing and Non-neutralizing Single Chain Antibodies,” Journal of Molecular Biology, 2014.
- Cristina Herrera, David J. Vance, Leslie E. Eisele, Charles B. Shoemaker, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Differential Neutralizing Activities of a Single Domain Camelid Antibody (VHH) Specific for Ricin Toxin's Binding Subunit (RTB),” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 6, 2014.
- Michelle Cummins, Con Dogovski, Remy Robert, Malcolm Alderton, Damien Chong, David Proll, Luisa Pontes-Braz, Anna Raicevic, Meghan Hattarki, Stewart Nuttall, and Olan Dolezal, “Kinetic Characterization of a Panel of High-Affinity Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting Ricin and Recombinant Re-Formatting for Biosensor Applications,” Antibodies, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 215–231, 2014.
- Vladas Skakauskas, Pranas Katauskis, and Peter Gray, “Modelling effects of internalized antibody: a simple comparative study,” Theoretical Biology and Medical Modelling, vol. 11, 2014.
- David J. Vance, Yinghui Rong, Robert N. Brey, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Combination of two candidate subunit vaccine antigens elicits protective immunity to ricin and anthrax toxin in mice,” Vaccine, 2014.
- Kirsten Sandvig, Jonas Bergan, Simona Kavaliauskiene, and Tore Skotland, “Lipid requirements for entry of protein toxins into cells,” Progress in Lipid Research, 2014.
- Nayanna Brunna da Silva Fonseca, and Benito Soto-Blanco, “Toxicity of ricin present in castor bean seeds,” Semina-Ciencias Agrarias, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 1415–1424, 2014.
- Seth H. Pincus, Manoj Bhaskaran, Robert N. Brey, Peter J. Didier, Lara A. Doyle-Meyers, and Chad J. Roy, “Clinical and Pathological Findings Associated with Aerosol Exposure of Macaques to Ricin Toxin,” Toxins, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 2121–2133, 2015.
- Vladas Skakauskas, Pranas Katauskis, Alex Skvortsov, and Peter Gray, “Toxin effect on protein biosynthesis in eukaryotic cells: a simple kinetic model,” Mathematical Biosciences, 2015.
- Kendrick B. Turner, Jinny L. Liu, Dan Zabetakis, Audrey Brozozog Lee, George P. Anderson, and Ellen R. Goldman, “Improving the biophysical properties of anti-ricin single-domain antibodies,” Biotechnology Reports, 2015.