- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 149737, 4 pages
The Need for Continued Development of Ricin Countermeasures
1Division of Clinical Medicine, Clinical Research Management Inc., Team Ke’aki Tech, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5011, USA
2Division of Toxinology, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1425 Porter Street, Fort Detrick, MD 21702-5011, USA
Received 1 August 2011; Accepted 10 January 2012
Academic Editor: Phillip R. Pittman
Copyright © 2012 Ronald B. Reisler and Leonard A. Smith. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Joanne M. O'Hara, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Neutralizing monoclonal antibodies against ricin's enzymatic subunit interfere with protein disulfide isomerase-mediated reduction of ricin holotoxin in vitro,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 395, no. 1-2, pp. 71–78, 2013.
- Joanne M. O'Hara, Robert N. Brey, and Nicholas J. Mantis, “Comparative Efficacy of Two Leading Candidate Ricin Toxin A Subunit Vaccine s in Mice,” Clinical and Vaccine Immunology, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 789–794, 2013.
- Laszlo Janosi, Jaimee R. Compton, Patricia M. Legler, Keith E. Steele, Jon M. Davis, Gary R. Matyas, and Charles B. Millard, “Disruption of the Putative Vascular Leak Peptide Sequence in the Stabilized Ricin Vaccine Candidate RTA1-33/44-198,” Toxins, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 224–248, 2013.
- David J. Vance, Jacqueline M. Tremblay, and Charles B. Shoemaker, “Stepwise Engineering of Heterodimeric Single Domain Camelid VHH Antibodies That Passively Protect Mice from Ricin Toxin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 51, pp. 36538–36547, 2013.
- Alex Skvortsov, and Peter Gray, “A Simple Model for Assessment of Anti-Toxin Antibodies,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Kirsten Sandvig, Jonas Bergan, Simona Kavaliauskiene, and Tore Skotland, “Lipid requirements for entry of protein toxins into cells,” Progress in Lipid Research, 2014.