- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 172423, 8 pages
Changing Trends in the Prevalence and Disparities of Obesity and Other Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Three Racial/Ethnic Groups of USA Adults
1Preventive Medicine Residency Program, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
2School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
3Departments of Public Health and Community Health Services, Denver Health and Hospital Authority, Denver, CO 80204, USA
4Department of Family Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
5Department of Biostatistics and Informatics, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
6Department of Epidemiology, Colorado School of Public Health, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Received 26 July 2012; Accepted 1 October 2012
Academic Editor: Jim P. Buttery
Copyright © 2012 Camila X. Romero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Melanie A. Carless, Hemant Kulkarni, Mark Z. Kos, Jac Charlesworth, Juan M. Peralta, Harald H. H. Goering, Joanne E. Curran, Laura Almasy, Thomas D. Dyer, Anthony G. Comuzzie, Michael C. Mahaney, and John Blangero, “Genetic Effects on DNA Methylation and Its Potential Relevance for Obesity in Mexican Americans,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Ruwei Hu, Leiyu Shi, Sarika Rane, Jinsheng Zhu, and Chien-Chou Chen, “Insurance, Racial/Ethnic, SES-Related Disparities in Quality of Care Among US Adults with Diabetes,” Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, 2013.
- Kristin Wallace, Katherine R. Sterba, Elena Gore, David N. Lewin, Marvella E. Ford, Melanie B. Thomas, and Anthony J. Albergi, “Prognostic Factors in Relation to Racial Disparity in Advanced Colorectal Cancer Survival,” Clinical Colorectal Cancer, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 287–293, 2013.
- Jeremy Sussman, Sandeep Vijan, and Rod Hayward, “Using Benefit-Based Tailored Treatment to Improve the Use of Antihypertensive Medications,” Circulation, vol. 128, no. 21, pp. 2309–2317, 2013.
- Ozcan Gur, Selami Gurkan, Demet Ozkaramanli Gur, Volkan Yuksel, Serhat Huseyin, Sahin Iscan, Suat Canbaz, and Turan Ege, “The impact of body mass index on mortality and morbidity in patients undergoing isolated valve surgery,” Turk Gogus Kalp Damar Cerrahisi Dergisi-Turkish Journal of Thoracic and Car, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 924–929, 2013.
- Gianni Belcaro, Andrea Ledda, Shu Hu, Maria Rosa Cesarone, Beatrice Feragalli, and Mark Dugall, “Greenselect Phytosome for Borderline Metabolic Syndrome,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- Keith C. Ferdinand, and Samar A. Nasser, “A Review of the Efficacy and Tolerability of Combination Amlodipine/Valsartan in Non-White Patients with Hypertension,” American Journal Of Cardiovascular Drugs, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 301–313, 2013.
- Flavia Badoud, Karen P. Lam, Alicia DiBattista, Maude Perreault, Michael A. Zulyniak, Bradley Cattrysse, Susan Stephenson, Philip Britz-McKibbin, and David M. Mutch, “Serum and Adipose Tissue Amino Acid Homeostasis in the Metabolically Healthy Obese,” Journal of Proteome Research, pp. 140623145912002, 2014.
- William D Leslie, Lisa M Lix, Marina S Yogendran, Suzanne N Morin, Colleen J Metge, and Sumit R Majumdar, “Temporal Trends in Obesity, Osteoporosis Treatment, Bone Mineral Density, and Fracture Rates: A Population-Based Historical Cohort Study,” Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 952–959, 2014.
- Edward A. Medina, Xiaoyu Shi, Marcia H. Grayson, Donna P. Ankerst, Carolina B. Livi, Maria V. Medina, Ian M. Thompson, and Robin J. Leach, “The Diagnostic Value of Adiponectin Multimers in Healthy Men Undergoing Screening for Prostate Cancer,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 309–315, 2014.
- Eileen Rillamas-Sun, Andrea Z. LaCroix, Molly E. Waring, Candyce H. Kroenke, Michael J. LaMonte, Mara Z. Vitolins, Rebecca Seguin, Christina L. Bell, Margery Gass, Todd M. Manini, Kamal H. Masaki, and Robert B. Wallace, “Obesity and Late-Age Survival Without Major Disease or Disability in Older Women,” Jama Internal Medicine, vol. 174, no. 1, pp. 98–106, 2014.
- Lara L. Roberson, Ehimen C. Aneni, Wasim Maziak, Arthur Agatston, Theodore Feldman, Maribeth Rouseff, Thinh Tran, Michael J. Blaha, Raul D. Santos, Andrei Sposito, Mouaz H. Al-Mallah, Ron Blankstein, Matthew J. Budoff, and Khurram Nasir, “Beyond BMI: The "Metabolically healthy obese" phenotype & its association with clinical/subclinical cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality - a systematic review,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.