- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 269123, 10 pages
Developing Effective Health Interventions for Women Who Inject Drugs: Key Areas and Recommendations for Program Development and Policy
1Department of Slavic Languages, Columbia University, 1130 Amsterdam Avenue, Mail Code 2839, New York, NY 10027, USA
2Public Health Policy, Harm Reduction International, Unit 2D12 South Bank Technopark, 90 London Road, London SE1 6LN, UK
3Department of Social Policy and Intervention, University of Oxford, Barnett House, 32 Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2ER, UK
4Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Unit, South African Medical Research Council, P.O. Box 19070, Tygerberg 7505, South Africa
5Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, Faculty of Health Sciences Private Bag, Observatory, Cape Town 7935, South Africa
Received 6 August 2012; Accepted 14 September 2012
Academic Editor: Thomas F. Kresina
Copyright © 2012 Sophie Pinkham et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Michal Czerwinski, Louise-Anne McNutt, Jack A. DeHovitz, Andrzej Zielinski, and Magdalena Rosinska, “Refining HIV Risk: The Modifying Effects of Youth, Gender and Education among People Who Inject Drugs in Poland,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- Allison R. Webel, Yvette Cuca, Jennifer G. Okonsky, Alice K. Asher, Alphoncina Kaihura, and Robert A. Salata, “The impact of social context on self-management in women living with HIV,” Social Science & Medicine, vol. 87, pp. 147–154, 2013.
- Cathy Long, Kora DeBeck, Cindy Feng, Julio Montaner, Evan Wood, and Thomas Kerr, “Income Level and Drug Related Harm among People Who Use Injection Drugs in a Canadian Setting,” International Journal of Drug Policy, 2013.
- Nabila El-Bassel, Louisa Gilbert, Assel Terlikbayeva, Chris Beyrer, Elwin Wu, Stacey A. Shaw, Xin Ma, Mingway Chang, Tim Hunt, Leyla Ismayilova, Sholpan Primbetova, Yelena Rozental, and Baurzhan Zhussupov, “HIV risks among injecting and non-injecting female partners of men who inject drugs in Almaty, Kazakhstan: Implications for HIV prevention, research, and policy,” International Journal of Drug Policy, 2013.
- Jordi Casabona, Maria Teresa Brugal, Xavier Majo, Victoria Gonzalez, Cinta Folch, Albert Espelt, and Merce Merono, “Gender differences in HIV risk behaviours among intravenous drug users in Catalonia, Spain,” Gaceta Sanitaria, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 338–343, 2013.
- Lianping Ti, Lindsey Richardson, Kora DeBeck, Paul Nguyen, Julio Montaner, Evan Wood, and Thomas Kerr, “The Impact of Engagement in Street-based Income Generation Activities on Stimulant Drug Use Cessation among People who Inject Drugs,” Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 2014.
- Nabila El-Bassel, Stacey A. Shaw, Anindita Dasgupta, and Steffanie A. Strathdee, “People Who Inject Drugs in Intimate Relationships: It Takes Two to Combat HIV,” Current HIV/AIDS Reports, 2014.