- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 732484, 5 pages
Methadone Maintenance Therapy in Vietnam: An Overview and Scaling-Up Plan
1Vietnam Administration of HIV/AIDS Control (VAAC), Ministry of Health, Ha Noi, Vietnam
2Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Received 10 August 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: R. Douglas Bruce
Copyright © 2012 Tam T. M. Nguyen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Bach Xuan Tran, “Willingness to pay for methadone maintenance treatment in Vietnamese epicentres of injection-drug-driven HIV infection,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 91, no. 7, pp. 475–482, 2013.
- Le Minh Giang, Lung Bich Ngoc, Vu Huy Hoang, Kevin Mulvey, and Richard A. Rawson, “Substance use disorders and human immunodeficiency virus in Vietnam since Doi Moi (Renovation): An overview,” Journal of Food and Drug Analysis, 2013.
- M. R. Jordan, Y. Obeng-Aduasare, H. Sheehan, S. Y. Hong, N. Terrin, D. V. Duong, N. V. Trung, C. Wanke, N. V. Kinh, and A. M. Tang, “Correlates of non-adherence to antiretroviral therapy in a cohort of HIV-positive drug users receiving antiretroviral therapy in Hanoi, Vietnam,” International Journal of Std & Aids, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 662–668, 2014.
- Michael Platten, Ha N. Pham, and Huy V. Nguyen, “Knowledge of HIV and factors associated with attitudes towards HIV among final-year medical students at Hanoi medical university in Vietnam,” Bmc Public Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Lan Wang, Wei Guo, Dongmin Li, Zhengwei Ding, Jennifer M. McGoogan, Ning Wang, Zunyou Wu, and Lu Wang, “HIV epidemic among drug users in China: 1995-2011,” Addiction, vol. 110, pp. 20–28, 2014.
- Sheena G. Sullivan, Zunyou Wu, Keming Rou, Lin Pang, Wei Luo, Changhe Wang, Xiaobin Cao, Wenyuan Yin, Enwu Liu, and Guodong Mi, “Who uses methadone services in China? Monitoring the world's largest methadone programme,” Addiction, vol. 110, pp. 29–39, 2014.
- Tanvir Ahmed, Nguyen Thanh Long, Phan Thi Thu Huong, and Donald Edwin Stewart, “HIV and Injecting Drug Users in Vietnam: An Overview of Policies and Responses,” World Medical & Health Policy, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 395–418, 2014.
- Lloyd A. Goldsamt, Michael C. Clatts, Giang Le, and Gary Yu, “Injection and sexual risk practices among young heroin users in Hanoi, Vietnam,” Drugs: Education, Prevention, and Policy, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Bach Xuan Tran, Long Hoang Nguyen, Huong Thu Thi Phan, Linh Khanh Nguyen, and Carl A. Latkin, “Preference of methadone maintenance patients for the integrative and decentralized service delivery models in Vietnam,” Harm Reduction Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, 2015.
- Hoang Vu Tran, Linh-Vi N. Le, Lisa Grazina Johnston, Patrick Nadol, Anh Van Do, Ha Thi Thanh Tran, and Tuan Anh Nguyen, “Sampling Males Who Inject Drugs in Haiphong, Vietnam: Comparison of Time-Location and Respondent-Driven Sampling Methods,” Journal Of Urban Health-Bulletin Of The New York Academy Of Medicine, vol. 92, no. 4, pp. 744–757, 2015.
- Quang Duy Pham, David P. Wilson, Cliff C. Kerr, Andrew J. Shattock, Hoa Mai Do, Anh Thuy Duong, Long Thanh Nguyen, and Lei Zhang, “Estimating the Cost-Effectiveness of HIV Prevention Programmes in Vietnam, 2006-2010: A Modelling Study,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- David C. Perlman, Ashly E. Jordan, Anneli Uuskula, Duong Thi Huong, Carmen L. Masson, Bruce R. Schackman, and Don C. Des Jarlais, “An international perspective on using opioid substitution treatment to improve hepatitis C prevention and care for people who inject drugs: structural barriers and public health potential,” International Journal of Drug Policy, 2015.
- Patrick Nadol, Siobhan O'connor, Hao Duong, Linh-Vi N. Le, Pham Hong Thang, Tran Hong Tram, Hoang Thi Thanh Ha, Michelle S. Mcconnell, Jeff Partridge, John Kaldor, Matthew Law, and Tuan Anh Nguyen, “Findings from Integrated Behavioral and Biologic Survey among Males Who Inject Drugs (MWID) - Vietnam, 2009-2010: Evidence of the Need for an Integrat,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 2, 2015.
- Adeeba Kamarulzaman, and John L. McBrayer, “Compulsory drug detention centers in East and Southeast Asia,” International Journal of Drug Policy, vol. 26, pp. S33–S37, 2015.
- Leah T. Le, Lauretta E. Grau, Huong H. Nguyen, Oanh Hai T. Khuat, and Robert Heimer, “Coalition building by drug user and sex worker community-based organizations in Vietnam can lead to improved interactions with government agencies: a qualitative study,” Harm Reduction Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, 2015.
- Bach Xuan Tran, Long Hoang Nguyen, Huyen Phuc Do, Nhung Phuong Thi Nguyen, Huong Thu Thi Phan, Michael Dunne, and Carl Latkin, “Motivation for smoking cessation among drug-using smokers under methadone maintenance treatment in Vietnam,” Harm Reduction Journal, vol. 12, no. 1, 2015.
- Tanvir Ahmed, Thanh Nguyen Long, Phan Thi Huong, and Donald Edwin Stewart, “Drug injecting and HIV risk among injecting drug users in Hai Phong, Vietnam: a qualitative analysis,” BMC Public Health, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.