- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 874615, 5 pages
Development of Combination HIV Prevention Programs for People Who Inject Drugs through Government and Civil Society Collaboration in the Russian Federation
1Center for Social Development and Information (Population Services International/Russia), 125315 Moscow, Russia
2Institute for Public Health and Health Management, First Moscow State Medical University, 119021 Moscow, Russia
3Division of Pharmacologic Therapies, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
4Division for Anti-Drug Work Coordination, Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan, 420060 Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
5Public Organization “Prevention and Initiative”, Kazan, 420044 Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
6Republican Drug Treatment Hospital, Kazan, 420082 Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
Received 9 August 2012; Revised 18 October 2012; Accepted 1 November 2012
Academic Editor: Kevin P. Mulvey
Copyright © 2012 M. V. Volik et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Thomas F. Kresina, R. Douglas Bruce, Sandrine Pirard, Kevin Mulvey, Ricardo Sanchez Huesca, and Robert Lubran, “International expansion of the use of pharmacotherapies for the treatment of opioid dependence,” Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 2–14.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, World Drug Report 2010, United Nations Publications, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- World Health Organization, The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, WHO Press, 10th edition, 2010.
- World Health Organization, Guidelines for the Psychosocially Assisted Pharmacological Treatment of Opioid Dependence, WHO Press, 2009.
- World Health Organization, Priority Interventions. HIV/AIDS Prevention, Treatment and Care in the Health Sector, World Health Organization HIV/AIDS Department, 2010.
- UNAIDS, Combination HIV Prevention: Tailoring and Coordinating Biomedical, Behavioural and Structural Strategies To Reduce New HIV Infections, A UNAIDS Discussion Paper, Geneva, Switzerland, 2010.
- V. V. . Kirzhanova and O. V. Sidoryuk, Indicators of General and Primary Morbidity-Related Drug Disorders in the Russian Federation During 199-2009, 2010.
- Information Bulletin No 34 of the Federal Scientific-Methodological Center for the Prevention and Control of AIDS in the Russian Federation, 2010.
- S. A. Koryakin and S. A. Tsarev, “Implementation of indirect evaluation methods to identify the hidden contingent of IDUs in chapaevsk of the samara region,” Journal of Addiction Problems (Voprosy Narkologii), vol. 1, pp. 43–45, 2012.
- Information Bulletin no 33 of the Federal Scientific-Methodological Center for the Prevention and Control of AIDS in the Russian Federation, 2009.
- J. Antoun, F. Phillips, and T. Johnson, “Post-Soviet transition: improving health services delivery and management,” Mount Sinai Journal of Medicine, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 436–448, 2011.
- T. F. Kresina, R. Lubran, and L. W. Cheever, “Substance abuse treatment utilizing medication assisted treatment as HIV prevention,” in HIV Prevention, chapter 26, pp. 527–548, Intech Publishers, 2011.
- “Resolution of the cabinet of ministers of the republic of tatarstan No. 781,” On Adoption of the Republican Targeted Program Support of Socially Oriented Non-Profit Organizations in the Republic of Tatarstan in 2011-2013, 2011, http://prav.tatarstan.ru/rus/docs/post/post1.htm?page=31&pub_id=95032.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse, Principles of HIV Prevention in Drug-Using Populations, NIH Publication No. 02-4733, A Research-Based Guide, 2002.