- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 182170, 5 pages
Methodology of Isfahan Tobacco Use Prevention Program: First Phase
1Tobacco Control Unit, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, P.O. Box 81465-1148, Isfahan, Iran
2Isfahan Province Health Center, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
3Department of Epidemiology, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, West Azerbaijan, Iran
4Health Unit, Isfahan Education Office, Isfahan, Iran
5Expert Cultural and Prevention of Isfahan Drug Control Headquarters, Isfahan, Iran
6Cardiac Rehabilitation Research Center, Isfahan Cardiovascular Research Institute, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Received 21 August 2013; Revised 19 October 2013; Accepted 22 October 2013
Academic Editor: John Iskander
Copyright © 2013 Hamidreza Roohafza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2011: warning about the dangers of tobacco,” [database on the Internet], http://www.who.int/tobacco/global_report/2011/en/.
- H. A. Lando, B. J. Hipple, M. Muramoto et al., “Tobacco is a global paediatric concern,” Bulletin of the World Health Organization, vol. 88, no. 1, article 2, 2010.
- C. W. Warren, “Tobacco use among youth: a cross country comparison,” Tobacco Control, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 252–270, 2002.
- H. Azaripour Masooleh, “I.R. IRAN Global Youth Tobacco Survey (GYTS) report 2007,” http://www.who.int/tobacco/surveillance/IranGYPS2007finalreport2.pdf.
- N. Ghafouri, J. D. Hirsch, G. Heydari, C. M. Morello, G. M. Kuo, and R. F. Singh, “Waterpipe smoking among health sciences university students in Iran: perceptions, practices and patterns of use,” BMC Research Notes, vol. 4, no. 1, article 496, 2011.
- S. L. Tyas and L. L. Pederson, “Psychosocial factors related to adolescent smoking: a critical review of the literature,” Tobacco Control, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 409–420, 1998.
- K. M. Palipudi, P. C. Gupta, D. N. Sinha, L. J. Andes, S. Asma, and T. McAfee, “Social determinants of health and tobacco use in thirteen low and middle income countries: evidence from Global Adult Tobacco Survey,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 3, Article ID e33466, 2012.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services ARotSG, Chapter 4, Factors That Influence Tobacco Use among Four Racial/Ethnic Minority Groups, 1998.
- M. A. Kabir, K. L. Goh, and M. M. Khan, “Adolescent tobacco use and its determinants: evidence from global youth tobacco 8 survey, Bangladesh 2007,” Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health, 2013.
- Y. Cai, L. Lu, N. Li, et al., “Social, psychological, and environmental-structural factors associated with tobacco experimentation among adolescents in Shanghai, China,” International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 3421–3436, 2012.
- M. A. Kabir, K. L. Goh, and M. H. Khan, “A cross-country comparison of tobacco consumption among youths from selected South-Asian countries,” BMC Public Health, vol. 13, no. 1, article 379, 2013.
- J. O'Loughlin, I. Karp, T. Koulis, G. Paradis, and J. Difranza, “Determinants of first puff and daily cigarette smoking in adolescents,” American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 170, no. 5, pp. 585–597, 2009.
- T. L. Ravishankar and R. Nagarajappa, “Factors attributing to initiation of tobacco use in adolescent students of Moradabad, (UP) India,” Indian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 346–349, 2009.
- B. R. Flay, F. B. Hu, and J. Richardson, “Psychosocial predictors of different stages of cigarette smoking among high school students,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 27, no. 5, part 3, pp. A9–A18, 1998.
- L. R. Derogatis, R. S. Lipman, and L. Covi, “SCL-90: an outpatient psychiatric rating scale—preliminary report,” Psychopharmacology Bulletin, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 13–28, 1973.
- R. J. M. Schwarzer, “Generalized Self-Efficacy scale,” in Measures in Health Psychology: A User's Portfolio. Causal and Control Beliefs, J. Weinman, S. Wright, and M. Johnston, Eds., pp. 35–37, NFER-Nelson, Windsor, UK, 1995.