- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 286207, 15 pages
Effectiveness of Couple-Based HIV Counseling and Testing for Women Substance Users and Their Primary Male Partners: A Randomized Trial
1School of Nursing, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, BOX SON, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
2School of Public Health, Health Sciences Center, Louisiana State University, 2020 Gravier Street, 3rd Floor, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
3National Development and Research Institutes, 71 West 23rd Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10010, USA
Received 17 August 2012; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editor: Marie-Claude Boily
Copyright © 2013 James M. McMahon et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Judith A. Hahn, Lisa Maher, Kimberly Page, Maria Prins, and Meghan D. Morris, “Injection Drug Use and Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Young Adult Injectors: Using Evidence to Inform Comprehensive Prevention,” Clinical Infectious Diseases, vol. 57, pp. S32–S38, 2013.
- Tina Jiwatram-Negrón, and Nabila El-Bassel, “Systematic Review of Couple-Based HIV Intervention and Prevention Studies: Advantages, Gaps, and Future Directions,” AIDS and Behavior, 2014.
- Lawrence A. Palinkas, Angela M. Robertson, Jennifer L. Syvertsen, Daniel O. Hernandez, Monica D. Ulibarri, M. Gudelia Rangel, Gustavo Martinex, and Steffanie A. Strathdee, “Client Perspectives on Design and Implementation of a Couples-Based Intervention to Reduce Sexual and Drug Risk Behaviors Among Female Sex Workers and Their Noncommercial Partners in Tijuana and Ciudad Juárez, México,” AIDS and Behavior, 2014.
- Nabila El-Bassel, Louisa Gilbert, Assel Terlikbayeva, Chris Beyrer, Elwin Wu, Mingway Chang, Tim Hunt, Leyla Ismayilova, Stacey A. Shaw, Sholpan Primbetova, Yelena Rozental, Baurzhan Zhussupov, and Marat Tukeyev, “Effects of a Couple-Based Intervention to Reduce Risks for HIV, HCV, and STIs Among Drug-Involved Heterosexual Couples in Kazakhstan,” JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, vol. 67, no. 2, pp. 196–203, 2014.
- Nabila El-Bassel, Stacey A. Shaw, Anindita Dasgupta, and Steffanie A. Strathdee, “People Who Inject Drugs in Intimate Relationships: It Takes Two to Combat HIV,” Current HIV/AIDS Reports, 2014.
- C. Treloar, J. Rance, J. Bryant, and S. Fraser, “Understanding decisions made about hepatitis C treatment by couples who inject drugs,” Journal of Viral Hepatitis, 2015.
- Wendee M. Wechsberg, Sherry Deren, Bronwyn Myers, Irma Kirtadze, William A. Zule, Brittni Howard, and Nabila El-Bassel, “Gender-Specific HIV Prevention Interventions for Women Who Use Alcohol and Other Drugs,” JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, vol. 69, pp. S128–S139, 2015.
- Heather A. Pines, Thomas L. Patterson, Gudelia Rangel, Gustavo Martinez, Angela R. Bazzi, Monica D. Ulibarri, Jennifer L. Syvertsen, Natasha K. Martin, and Steffanie A. Strathdee, “STI/HIV test result disclosure between female sex workers and their primary, non-commercial male partners in two Mexico-US border cities: a prospectiv,” Sexually Transmitted Infections, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 207–213, 2015.