- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 346372, 10 pages
30 Years on Selected Issues in the Prevention of HIV among Persons Who Inject Drugs
1The Baron Edmond de Rothschild Chemical Dependency Institute, Beth Israel Medical Center, 160 Water Street, FL 24, New York, NY 10038, USA
2Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Center for AIDS Intervention Research, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
3NYU College of Nursing, New York, NY 10003, USA
4Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
5Department of Hygiene, Epidemiology and Medical Statistics, Athens University Medical School, 11527 Athens, Greece
6Department of Public Health, University of Tartu, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Received 16 October 2012; Revised 11 March 2013; Accepted 18 May 2013
Academic Editor: Catherine Hankins
Copyright © 2013 D. C. Des Jarlais et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Anneli Uusküla, Don C. Des Jarlais, Mait Raag, Steven D. Pinkerton, and Jonathan Feelemyer, “Combined prevention for persons who inject drugs in the HIV epidemic in a transitional country: the case of Tallinn, Estonia,” AIDS Care, pp. 1–7, 2014.
- Anneli Uuskuela, Mait Raag, Cinta Folch, Leoni Prasad, Anda Karnite, Maaike G. van Veen, Ksenia Eritsyan, Magdalena Rosinska, Don C. Des Jarlais, and Lucas Wiessing, “Self-reported testing, HIV status and associated risk behaviours among people who inject drugs in Europe: important differences between East and West,” Aids, vol. 28, no. 11, pp. 1657–1664, 2014.
- Trang Quynh Nguyen, Brian W. Weir, Don C. Des Jarlais, Steven D. Pinkerton, and David R. Holtgrave, “Syringe Exchange in the United States: A National Level Economic Evaluation of Hypothetical Increases in Investment,” AIDS and Behavior, 2014.
- Nabila El-Bassel, Stacey A. Shaw, Anindita Dasgupta, and Steffanie A. Strathdee, “Drug use as a driver of HIV risks,” Current Opinion in HIV and AIDS, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 150–155, 2014.
- Sherry Deren, Camila Gelpí-Acosta, Carmen E. Albizu-García, Ángel González, Don C. Des Jarlais, and Salvador Santiago-Negrón, “Addressing the HIV/AIDS Epidemic Among Puerto Rican People Who Inject Drugs: The Need for a Multiregion Approach,” American Journal of Public Health, vol. 104, no. 11, pp. 2030–2036, 2014.
- Theodore M. Hammett, and Danielle S. Parsons-Smith, “Evaluation of HIV prevention interventions for people who inject drugs in low- and middle-income countries–the current and future state of the art,” International Journal of Drug Policy, 2014.