- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 360957, 2 pages
Evidence-Based Prevention Interventions for People Who Use Illicit Drugs
1Division of Pharmacologic Therapies, Center for Substance Abuse Treatment,
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
2Yale AIDS Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
3President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), U.S. Embassy, 7 Lang Ha Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Received 20 February 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Copyright © 2013 Thomas F. Kresina et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime, World Drug Report 2012. United Nations publication Sales no. E. 12.XI. 1, http://www.unodc.org/documents/data-and-analysis/WDR2012/WDR_2012_web_small.pdf.
- L. Degenhardt and W. Hall, “Extent of illicit drug use and dependence, and their contribution to the global burden of disease,” The Lancet, vol. 379, no. 9810, pp. 55–70, 2012.
- P. Nelson, J. McLaren, L. Degenhardt, et al., “What do we know about the extent of heroin and other opioid use and dependence? results of a global systematic review-NDARC,” Tech. Rep. 309, Sydney: National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, 2010.
- World Health Organization, Global Health Risks: Mortality Ans Burden of Disease Attributable To Selected Major Risks, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland, 2009.
- “WHO, UNODC, UNAIDS Technical Guide for countires to set targets for universal access to HIV prevention, treatment and care for injection drug users. 2012 revision,” Tech. Rep., WHO document Production Services, Geneva, Switzerland, 2012.