- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 450195, 6 pages
Impact of Helmet Use in Traumatic Brain Injuries Associated with Recreational Vehicles
1Center for Brain Injury Research and Education, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1329 SW 16th Street, Suite 4270, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
2Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
3Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
4Division of Clinical Research, Emergency Medicine & Neurological Surgery, Toral Family Foundation, Davie, FL 33325, USA
5Department of Radiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
6Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Received 25 June 2013; Revised 13 August 2013; Accepted 14 August 2013
Academic Editor: John Iskander
Copyright © 2013 Latha Ganti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [4 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sylvana Papoutsi, Luca Martinolli, Christian Tasso Braun, and Aristomenis K. Exadaktylos, “E-Bike Injuries: Experience from an Urban Emergency Department—A Retrospective Study from Switzerland,” Emergency Medicine International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–5, 2014.
- Mina Kaddis, Kellie Stockton, and Roy Kimble, “Trauma in children due to wheeled recreational devices,” Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 2015.
- Gilles Lavigne, Samar Khoury, Jean-Marc Chauny, and Alex Desautels, “Pain and sleep in post-concussion/mild traumatic brain injury,” Pain, vol. 156, pp. S75–S85, 2015.
- Kevin Shaigany, Anish Abrol, Peter F. Svider, Jean Anderson Eloy, Michael A. Carron, Ho-Sheng Lin, and Adam J. Folbe, “Recreational motor vehicle use and facial trauma,” The Laryngoscope, 2015.