- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 607935, 5 pages
Immunization Coverage: Role of Sociodemographic Variables
1Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai, India
2PSM Department, 3rd Floor, Post Graduate Research Building, Near Gate No. 12, J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai 400008, India
3PSM Department, T.N. Medical College, Mumbai 400008, India
Received 14 August 2013; Revised 3 October 2013; Accepted 30 October 2013
Academic Editor: Jim Tartaglia
Copyright © 2013 Bhuwan Sharma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- CDC, “Ten great public health achievement—United States, 1900–1999,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 48, pp. 241–243, 1999.
- Ministry of Health, The National Childhood Immunisation Coverage Survey 2005, Ministry of Health, Wellington, New Zealand, 2007, https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDcQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.health.govt.nz%2Fsystem%2Ffiles%2Fdocuments%2Fpublications%2Fnational-childhood-immunisation-coverage-survey2005.doc&ei=C0YLUqmJKsbEkgX0x4CQBw&usg=AFQjCNFhfBQRNF9SFXgYnqBu_XlgLE1KHA&sig2=w2Sq-nd6Qy-2RR6lN5WuiQ.
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of India, “Introduction, Child Health, Maternal Health,” in National Family Health Survey (NFHS-III). Volume I, International Institute for Population Sciences Publishers, 2005-2006, 9. 2, 227-232, 8. 1. 7, 204, 199, 8. 2. 1, 208, 9. 1, 225, 226, 3. 5, 70, 1. 5, 7http://www.measuredhs.com/pubs/pdf/FRIND3/00FrontMatter00.pdf.
- “The module for mid-level for managers: the EPI coverage survey WHO/IV B/08.07,” 2008, http://www.who.int/immunization/documents/mlm/en/index.html.
- S. Sharma, Immunization Coverage in India, Institute of Economic Growth, University Enclave, New Delhi, India, http://www.iegindia.org/workpap/wp283.pdf.
- P. Singh and R. J. Yadav, “Immunization status of children of India,” Indian Pediatrics, vol. 37, pp. 1194–1199, 2000.
- S. Yadav, S. Mangal, N. Padhiyar, J. P. Mehta, and B. S. Yadav, “Evaluation of immunization coverage in urban slums of Jamnagar city,” Indian Journal of Community Medicine, vol. 31, no. 4, 2006, http://www.indmedica.com/journals.php?journalid=7&issueid=83&articleid=1129&action=article.
- R. Basu and J. Tiwari, Status of Child Immunization in Madhya Pradesh, Population Research Centre, PRC Division, MOHFW, Government of India, http://prcs-mohfw.nic.in/showprcdetail.asp?id=135.
- M. Kar, V. P. Reddaiah, and S. Kant, “Primary immunization status of children in slum areas of South Delhi,” Indian Journal of Community Medicine, vol. 26, no. 3, p. 161, 2001, http://www.indmedica.com/journals.php?journalid=7&issueid=45&articleid=559&action=article.
- B. Nath, J. Singh, S. Awasthi, V. Bhushan, V. Kumar, and S. Singh, “A study on determinants of immunization coverage among 12–23 months old children in urban slums of Lucknow district, India,” Indian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 598–606, 2007.
- K. Vikram, R. Vanneman, and S. Desai, “Linkages between maternal education and childhood immunization in India,” Social Science and Medicine, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 331–339, 2012.
- J. K. Bobo, J. L. Gale, P. B. Thapa, and S. G. F. Wassilak, “Risk factors for delayed immunization in a random sample of 1163 children from Oregon and Washington,” Pediatrics, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 308–314, 1993.
- R. A. Brenner, B. G. Simons-Morton, B. Bhaskar, A. Das, and J. D. Clemens, “Prevalence and predictors of immunization among inner-city infants: a birth cohort study,” Pediatrics, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 661–670, 2001.