- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Preventive Medicine
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690386, 9 pages
Why the Treatment of Mental Disorders Is an Important Component of HIV Prevention among People Who Inject Drugs
1Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
2School of General Studies, Columbia University, 2970 Broadway, New York, NY 10027, USA
3Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 722 W. 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Received 18 September 2012; Revised 6 November 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Thomas F. Kresina
Copyright © 2013 Elizabeth Buckingham et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jair de Jesus Mari, Luis Fernando Tofoli, Cristiano Noto, Li M. Li, Alessandra Diehl, Angelica M. Claudino, and Mario F. Juruena, “Pharmacological and Psychosocial Management of Mental, Neurological and Substance Use Disorders in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: Issues and Current Strategies,” Drugs, vol. 73, no. 14, pp. 1549–1568, 2013.
- Baligh R. Yehia, Alisa J. Stephens-Shield, Florence Momplaisir, Lynne Taylor, Robert Gross, Benoit Dubé, Karen Glanz, and Kathleen A. Brady, “Health Outcomes of HIV-Infected People with Mental Illness,” AIDS and Behavior, 2015.
- Adeeba Kamarulzaman, and Frederick L. Altice, “Challenges in managing HIV in people who use drugs,” Current Opinion in Infectious Diseases, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 2015.