- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 254619, 7 pages
The Pharmacology of Acute Lung Injury in Sepsis
Division of Critical Care, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, MLC 2005, Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039, USA
Received 18 February 2011; Accepted 3 May 2011
Academic Editor: William J. Wheeler
Copyright © 2011 Brian Michael Varisco. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Seah-Fang Ang, Selena W. S. Sio, Shabbir M. Moochhala, Paul A. MacAry, and Madhav Bhatia, “Hydrogen Sulfide Upregulates Cyclooxygenase-2 and Prostaglandin E Metabolite in Sepsis-Evoked Acute Lung Injury via Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid Type 1 Channel Activation,” Journal Of Immunology, vol. 187, no. 9, pp. 4778–4787, 2011.
- T. C. Tai, “Involvement of the Rho kinases in mediating sepsis,” Journal of Thoracic Disease, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 15–16, 2012.
- Yujing Zhao, Ce Yang, Haiyan Wang, Haisheng Li, Juan Du, Wei Gu, and Jianxin Jiang, “Therapeutic effects of bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells on pulmonary impact injury complicated with endotoxemia in rats,” International Immunopharmacology, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 246–253, 2013.
- Yi-Chun Huang, Chi-Ting Horng, Shyan-Tarng Chen, Shiuan-Shinn Lee, Ming-Ling Yang, Chien-Ying Lee, Wu-Hsien Kuo, Chung-Hsin Yeh, and Yu-Hsiang Kuan, “Rutin improves endotoxin-induced acute lung injury via inhibition of iNOS and VCAM-1 expression,” Environmental Toxicology, 2014.
- Wen-Ying Chen, Yi-Chun Huang, Ming-Ling Yang, Chien-Ying Lee, Chun-Jung Chen, Chung-Hsin Yeh, Pin-Ho Pan, Chi-Ting Horng, Wu-Hsien Kuo, and Yu-Hsiang Kuan, “Protective effect of rutin on LPS-induced acute lung injury via down-regulation of MIP-2 expression and MMP-9 activation through inhibition of Akt phosphorylation,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Chien-Ying Lee, Jiann-Jou Yang, Shiuan-Shinn Lee, Chun-Jung Chen, Yi-Chun Huang, Kuang-Hua Huang, and Yu-Hsiang Kuan, “Protective Effect of Ginkgo biloba leaves extract, EGb761, on Endotoxin-Induced Acute Lung Injury via a JNK- and Akt-Dependent NF kappa B Pathway,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 62, no. 27, pp. 6337–6344, 2014.
- Qy Peng Qianyi, Ln Zhang Lina, Yh Ai Yuhang, and Lm Zhang Lemeng, “Epidemiology of acute kidney injury in intensive care septic patients based on the KDIGO guidelines,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 127, no. 10, pp. 1820–1826, 2014.
- Madalina V. Nastase, Renato V. Iozzo, and Liliana Schaefer, “Key roles for the small leucine-rich proteoglycans in renal and pulmonary pathophysiology,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2014.
- Momina Khan, Amanda L. Patrick, Alison E. Fox-Robichaud, and The Canadian Critical Care Translational Biology Group, “Development of a Murine Model of Early Sepsis in Diet-Induced Obesity,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Soumen Choudhury, Kannan Kandasamy, Bhojane Somnath Maruti, M. Pule Addison, Jaya Kiran Kasa, Sazad A. Darzi, Thakur Uttam Singh, Subhashree Panda, Jeevan Ranjan Dash, Vishakha Singh, and Santosh Kumar Mishra, “Atorvastatin along with imipenem attenuates acute lung injury in sepsis through decrease in inflammatory mediators and bacterial load,” European Journal Of Pharmacology, vol. 765, pp. 447–456, 2015.
- Zhiguo Liu, Longguang Tang, Heping Zhu, Tingting Xu, Chenyu Qiu, Suqing Zheng, Yugui Gu, Jianpeng Feng, Yali Zhang, and Guang Liang, “Design, Synthesis, and Structure–Activity Relationship Study of Novel Indole-2-carboxamide Derivatives as Anti-inflammatory Agents for the Treatment of Sepsis,” Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2016.
- Shancy Petsel Jacob, Chikkamenahalli Lakshminarayana Lakshmikanth, Vyala Hanumanthareddy Chaithra, Titus Ruth Shantha Kumari, Chu-Huang Chen, Thomas M. McIntyre, and Gopal Kedihitlu Marathe, “Lipopolysaccharide Cross-Tolerance Delays Platelet-Activating Factor-Induced Sudden Death in Swiss Albino Mice: Involvement of Cyclooxygenase in Cross,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 4, 2016.