- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 385469, 7 pages
Preparation and In Vitro/In Vivo Evaluation of Vinpocetine Elementary Osmotic Pump System
1Novel Drug Delivery and Biomaterial Research Center, National Research Institute for Family Planning, Haidian District Dahuisi Road
12, Beijing 100081, China
2Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Taiping Road 27. Haidian District, Beijing 100850, China
Received 9 December 2010; Revised 23 January 2011; Accepted 18 February 2011
Academic Editor: Abdelwahab Omri
Copyright © 2011 Meiying Ning et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Subhan and I. Hindmarch, “Psychopharmacological effects of vinpocetine in normal healthy volunteers,” European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 567–571, 1985.
- P. Bönöczk, G. Panczel, and Z. Nagy, “Vinpocetine increases cerebral blood flow and oxygenation in stroke patients: a near infrared spectroscopy and transcranial Doppler study,” European Journal of Ultrasound, vol. 15, no. 1-2, pp. 85–91, 2002.
- V. L. Feigin, B. M. Doronin, T. F. Popova, E. V. Gribatcheva, and D. V. Tchervov, “Vinpocetine treatment in acute ischaemic stroke: a pilot single-blind randomized clinical trial,” European Journal of Neurology, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 81–85, 2001.
- M. A. McDaniel, S. Maier, and G. O. Einstein, ““Brainspecific” nutrients: a memory cure?” International Psychological Science, vol. 3, pp. 12–38, 2002.
- S. Z. Szatmari and P. J. Whitehouse, “Vinpocetine for cognitive impairment and dementia,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, no. 1, Article ID CD003119, 2003.
- R. Langer, “Drug delivery and targeting,” Nature, vol. 392, no. 6679, pp. 5–10, 1998.
- L. Ribeiro, D. C. Ferreira, and F. J. B. Veiga, “In vitro controlled release of vinpocetine-cyclodextrin-tartaric acid multicomponent complexes from HPMC swellable tablets,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 325–339, 2005.
- L. Ribeiro and F. Veiga, “Complexation of vinpocetine with cyclodextrins in the presence or absence of polymers. Binary and ternary complexes preparation and characterization,” Journal of Inclusion Phenomena and Macrocyclic Chemistry, vol. 44, pp. 251–256, 2002.
- S. Nie, W. Pan, X. Li, and X. Wu, “The effect of citric acid added to hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) matrix tablets on the release profile of vinpocetine,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 627–635, 2004.
- G. L. Cao, J. Wang, and Y. Liu, “In vivo and in vitro evaluation of push-pull osmotic pump-controlled release tablet of vinpocetine using numerical deconvolution technique,” Chinese Journal of New Drugs, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 405–408, 2008.
- S. Rose and J. F. Nelson, “A continuous long-term injector,” The Australian Journal of Experimental Biology and Medical Science, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 415–419, 1955.
- F. Theeuwes, “Elementary osmotic pump,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 1987–1991, 1975.
- A. Ayer, F. Theeuwes, and P. S. Wong, “Process for increasing solubility of drug,” US patent: 4732915, 19862032 22, 1988.
- L. Liu and X. Wang, “Solubility-modulated monolithic osmotic pump tablet for atenolol delivery,” European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 298–302, 2008.
- B. Gulyás, C. Halldin, J. Sóvágó et al., “Drug distribution in man: a positron emission tomography study after oral administration of the labelled neuroprotective drug vinpocetine,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 1031–1038, 2002.