- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 142702, 7 pages
The Anti-Inflammatory Role of Vitamin E in Prevention of Osteoporosis
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The National University of Malaysia, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 21 July 2011; Revised 26 September 2011; Accepted 29 September 2011
Academic Editor: Esra Küpeli Akkol
Copyright © 2012 A. S. Nazrun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Te-Mao Li, Hsin-Chih Huang, Chen-Ming Su, Tin-Yun Ho, Chi-Ming Wu, Wen-Chi Chen, Yi-Chin Fong, and Chih-Hsin Tang, “Cistanche deserticola extract increases bone formation in osteoblasts,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 897–907, 2012.
- Tadashi Shinkai, Hotaka Sugaya, Takayuki Ohkoshi, Hirokatsu Takatsu, Kaori Sekizawa, Daisuke Hayashi, and Shiro Urano, “Vitamin E Improves Biochemical Indices Associated with Symptoms of Atopic D ermatitis-Like Inflammation in NC/Nga Mice,” Journal Of Nutritional Science And Vitaminology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 161–168, 2012.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “Vitamin e as an antiosteoporotic agent via receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand signaling disruption: Current evidence and other potential research areas,” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Nadia Mohd Effendy, Norazlina Mohamed, Norliza Muhammad, Isa Naina Mohamad, and Ahmad Nazrun Shuid, “The Effects of Tualang Honey on Bone Metabolism of Postmenopausal Women,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Abu-Amer, “NF-κB signaling and bone resorption,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 2377–2386, 2013.
- Chi-Ming Wu, Po-Chun Chen, Te-Mao Li, and Yi-Chin Fong, “Si-Wu-tang extract stimulates bone formation through PI3K/Akt/NF-kappa B si gnaling pathways in osteoblasts,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.