- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 142702, 7 pages
The Anti-Inflammatory Role of Vitamin E in Prevention of Osteoporosis
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, The National University of Malaysia, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Received 21 July 2011; Revised 26 September 2011; Accepted 29 September 2011
Academic Editor: Esra Küpeli Akkol
Copyright © 2012 A. S. Nazrun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Te-Mao Li, Hsin-Chih Huang, Chen-Ming Su, Tin-Yun Ho, Chi-Ming Wu, Wen-Chi Chen, Yi-Chin Fong, and Chih-Hsin Tang, “Cistanche deserticola extract increases bone formation in osteoblasts,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 897–907, 2012.
- Hirokatsu Takatsu, Takayuki Ohkoshi, Hotaka Sugaya, Daisuke Hayashi, Shiro Urano, Tadashi Shinkai, and Kaori Sekizawa, “Vitamin E Improves Biochemical Indices Associated with Symptoms of Atopic Dermatitis-Like Inflammation in NC/Nga Mice,” Journal Of Nutritional Science And Vitaminology, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 161–168, 2012.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “Vitamin e as an antiosteoporotic agent via receptor activator of nuclear factor kappa-B ligand signaling disruption: Current evidence and other potential research areas,” Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Nadia Mohd Effendy, Norazlina Mohamed, Norliza Muhammad, Isa Naina Mohamad, and Ahmad Nazrun Shuid, “The Effects of Tualang Honey on Bone Metabolism of Postmenopausal Women,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- Abu-Amer, “NF-κB signaling and bone resorption,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 24, no. 9, pp. 2377–2386, 2013.
- Chi-Ming Wu, Po-Chun Chen, Te-Mao Li, Yi-Chin Fong, and Chih-Hsin Tang, “Si-Wu-tang extract stimulates bone formation through PI3K/Akt/NF-kappa B signaling pathways in osteoblasts,” Bmc Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 13, 2013.
- Z. Kiasalari, M. Khalili, and M. Roghani, “Neuroprotective Effect of Vitamin E in a KainateInduced Rat Model of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy,” Neurophysiology, 2014.
- Kok-Yong Chin, and Soelaiman Ima-Nirwana, “The Effects of α-Tocopherol on Bone: A Double-Edged Sword?,” Nutrients, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 1424–1441, 2014.
- Neha Singh, Satish Chander Narula, Rajinder Kumar Sharma, Shikha Tewari, and Paramjeet Kumar Sehgal, “Vitamin E Supplementation, Superoxide Dismutase Status, and Outcome of Scaling and Root Planing in Patients With Chronic Periodontitis: A Randomized Clinical Trial,” Journal of Periodontology, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 242–249, 2014.
- Nadia Mohd Effendy, Mohd Fadhli Khamis, Ima Nirwana Soelaiman, and Ahmad Nazrun Shuid, “The effects of Labisia pumila on postmenopausal osteoporotic rat model: Dose and time-dependent micro-CT analysis,” Journal of X-Ray Science and Technology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 503–518, 2014.
- S. D’Oronzo, S. Stucci, M. Tucci, and F. Silvestris, “Cancer treatment-induced bone loss (CTIBL): pathogenesis and clinical implications,” Cancer Treatment Reviews, 2015.
- Maria Satue, Joana M. Ramis, and Marta Monjo, “Cholecalciferol synthesized after UV-activation of 7-dehydrocholesterol onto titanium implants inhibits osteoclastogenesis in vitro,” Journal Of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 2280–2288, 2015.
- Francisco Wilker Mustafa Gomes Muniz, Sergiana Barbosa Nogueira, Francisco Lucas Vasconcelos Mendes, Cassiano Kuchenbecker Rösing, Maria Mônica Studart Mendes Moreira, Geanne Matos de Andrade, and Rosimary de Sousa Carvalho, “The Impact OF Antioxidant Agents Complimentary to Periodontal Therapy on Oxidative Stress and Periodontal Outcomes: A Systematic Review,” Archives of Oral Biology, 2015.
- Yanjie Su, Yahui Chen, Yanzhi Liu, Yajun Yang, Yifeng Deng, Zhongqin Gong, Jingfeng Chen, Tie Wu, Sien Lin, and Liao Cui, “Antiosteoporotic effects of Alpinia officinarum Hance through stimulation of osteoblasts associated with antioxidant effects,” Journal of Orthopaedic Translation, 2015.