- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 507278, 6 pages
Protective Effects of Methylsulfonylmethane on Hemodynamics and Oxidative Stress in Monocrotaline-Induced Pulmonary Hypertensive Rats
1Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5165665931, Iran
2Division of Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet (KI), Box 210, 17177 Stockholm, Sweden
3Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, Ardabil University of Medical Sciences, Ardabil 56135665, Iran
4Research Center for Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology (RCPN), Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5165691749, Iran
5Drug Applied Research Center (DARC), Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5165665811, Iran
6Department of Cardiac Surgery and Cardiovascular Research Center, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5166615573, Iran
7Department of Statistics and Epidemiology, School of Health and Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5166614711, Iran
8Department of Biochemistry and Clinical Laboratories, School of Medicine, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz 5166615731, Iran
9Department of Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center (PSRC) and School of Pharmacy, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran 141556451, Iran
Received 20 July 2012; Revised 23 September 2012; Accepted 23 September 2012
Academic Editor: Mustafa F. Lokhandwala
Copyright © 2012 Sadollah Mohammadi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Simonneau, I. M. Robbins, M. Beghetti et al., “Updated clinical classification of pulmonary hypertension,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. S43–S54, 2009.
- R. L. Benza, D. P. Miller, M. Gomberg-Maitland et al., “Predicting survival in pulmonary arterial hypertension: insights from the registry to evaluate early and long-term pulmonary arterial hypertension disease management (REVEAL),” Circulation, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 164–172, 2010.
- C. E. Huggins, A. A. Domenighetti, T. Pedrazzini, S. Pepe, and L. M. D. Delbridge, “Elevated intracardiac angiotensin II leads to cardiac hypertrophy and mechanical dysfunction in normotensive mice,” Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 186–190, 2003.
- E. M. Redout, A. Van Der Toorn, M. J. Zuidwijk et al., “Antioxidant treatment attenuates pulmonary arterial hypertension-induced heart failure,” American Journal of Physiology, vol. 298, no. 3, pp. H1038–H1047, 2010.
- K. Amirshahrokhi, S. Bohlooli, and M. M. Chinifroush, “The effect of methylsulfonylmethane on the experimental colitis in the rat,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, vol. 253, no. 3, pp. 197–202, 2011.
- K. Ebisuzaki, “Aspirin and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM): a search for common mechanisms, with implications for cancer prevention,” Anticancer Research, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 453–458, 2003.
- S. Parcell, “Sulfur in human nutrition and applications in medicine,” Alternative Medicine Review, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 22–44, 2002.
- E. M. Debbi, G. Agar, G. Fichman et al., “Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane supplementation on osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled study,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 11, article 50, 2011.
- E. J. Lim, D. Y. Hong, J. H. Park et al., “Methylsulfonylmethane suppresses breast cancer growth by down-regulating STAT3 and STAT5b pathways,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 4, Article ID e33361, 2012.
- A. Garjani, A. Afrooziyan, H. Nazemiyeh, M. Najafi, A. Kharazmkia, and N. Maleki-Dizaji, “Protective effects of hydroalcoholic extract from rhizomes of Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers. on compensated right heart failure in rats,” BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 9, article 28, 2009.
- Y. L. Chang, H. S. Sohn, K. C. Chan, C. D. Berdanier, and J. L. Hargrove, “Low dietary protein impairs blood coagulation in BHE/cdb rats,” Journal of Nutrition, vol. 127, no. 7, pp. 1279–1283, 1997.