- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Advances in Pharmacological Sciences
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 192408, 11 pages
Preparation and Evaluation of Intravaginal Ring Containing Drospirenone
1Research Center of Biomaterial and Novel Drug Delivery Systems, National Research Institute for Family Planning, No. 12 Da Hui Si Haidian District, Beijing 100081, China
2Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, No. 9, Dongdan No. 3 Avenue, Beijing 100730, China
Received 11 September 2012; Revised 30 November 2012; Accepted 5 December 2012
Academic Editor: Abdelwahab Omri
Copyright © 2013 Ying Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Zhou and Z. W. Lei, “New type of short-term effective oral contraceptives—drospirenone and ethinylestradiol tablets,” Chinese Journal of Family Planning, vol. 164, no. 6, pp. 371–373, 2009.
- X. Y. Zhou, “New progestogen—drospirenone,” Chinese Journal of Family Planning, vol. 142, no. 8, pp. 506–508, 2007.
- J. Edwardson and R. Jamshidi, “The contraceptive vaginal ring,” Seminars in Reproductive Medicine, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 133–139, 2010.
- J. Kerns and P. Darney, “Vaginal ring contraception,” Contraception, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 107–115, 2011.
- R. K. Malcolm, K. L. Edwards, P. Kiser, J. Romano, and T. J. Smith, “Advances in microbicide vaginal rings,” Antiviral Research, vol. 88, pp. S30–S39, 2010.
- B. B. Saxena, Y. A. Han, D. Fu et al., “Sustained release of microbicides by newly engineered vaginal rings,” AIDS, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 917–922, 2009.
- K. J. Whaley, J. Hanes, R. Shattock, R. A. Cone, and D. R. Friend, “Novel approaches to vaginal delivery and safety of microbicides: biopharmaceuticals, nanoparticles, and vaccines,” Antiviral Research, vol. 88, pp. S55–S66, 2010.
- D. R. Friend and G. F. Doncel, “Combining prevention of HIV-1, other sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancies: development of dual-protection technologies,” Antiviral Research, vol. 88, pp. S47–S54, 2010.
- Y. A. Han, M. Singh, and B. B. Saxena, “Development of vaginal rings for sustained release of nonhormonal contraceptives and anti-HIV agents,” Contraception, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 132–138, 2007.
- A. D. Woolfson, R. K. Malcolm, and R. J. Gallagher, “Design of a silicone reservoir intravaginal ring for the delivery of oxybutynin,” Journal of Controlled Release, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 465–476, 2003.
- V. Tantishaiyakul, N. Kaewnopparat, and S. Ingkatawornwong, “Properties of solid dispersions of piroxicam in polyvinylpyrrolidone K-30,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 143, pp. 59–66, 1996.
- Y. W. Chien, H. J. Lambert, and T. K. Lin, “Solution solubility dependency of controlled release of drug from polymer matrix: mathematical analysis,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 1643–1647, 1975.
- A. D. Woolfson, R. K. Malcolm, R. J. Morrow, C. F. Toner, and S. D. McCullagh, “Intravaginal ring delivery of the reverse transcriptase inhibitor TMC 120 as an HIV microbicide,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 325, no. 1-2, pp. 82–89, 2006.
- K. Chen, X. Y. Duan, and M. Y. Ning, “Preparation and properties of mifepristone solid dispersion,” Chinese Journal of New Drugs, vol. 21, no. 14, pp. 1682–1685, 2012.